Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Vista Departing 9th July 2011

20 Jan 2011 Brad17 said

Brad17
Hi everyone, I am booked to go on the European Vista departing on the 9th of July. Just wondering who else if anyone was going on this trip as well.
  • 14 May 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Hey Katherine- I am exactly the same! I am not a great flyer and I am about to do 23 hours! It will be fine though, we will all be doing it and it will be nice and safe (I’m happy for boring even!) the guys have suggested ear plugs,im taking a face mask, music, books, rescue remedy, puzzles and potentially even a light sedative. People do this everyday- we will be fine :)

• 14 May 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys- backpack or suitcase? I can’t decide which and have been told by different people, different things. I know we aren’t backpacking per se but apparently they can be good when u get to hotels with small lifts fitting 4 people – so you and your backpack can jump up the stairs. Also with the cobblestones in Europe suitcases apparently tip over etc? Any help or advice would be great.

• 15 May 2011 nervous_traveler said

nervous_traveler

I’m going suitcase. Backpacks aren’t big enough for me so i’m going with a suitcase. Worse comes to the worse i know how to drag it up the stairs even if it takes me a while. It really is up to you which one you take. If you love to shop the suitcase all the way

• 15 May 2011 Emily.007 said

Default_avatar

I have gone for a bit of both and got a duffle bag on wheels which has a hard suitcase style bottom. That way can pack stuff into the hard bit that don’t want crushed and still have a duffle type top for stuffing stuff in. And if worst comes to worst. Stick on person in a lift with the bags and we can meet them at our floor.

• 15 May 2011 Changer said

Changer

As much as I prefer the good old fashioned rucksack I think the suitcases are better for contiki. You’re not going to have to take them very far as they’ll be on the bus or in the hotel and they’re easier to access as far as getting that thing you want from right at the bottom.

I’ll still be using my rucksack cause lets face it they just look cooler :P

nervous_traveler

Hey just out of curiousty when will everyone be arriving into London? Just interested

• 15 May 2011 Kara24 said

Default_avatar

Hey Katherine welcome to the group. Me and my friend are arriving the day before the tour but staying a few days after tour in London. When are you arriving and are you staying at the Royal before the the tour.

nervous_traveler

I’ll be in London on the 5th but i’m not staying at the royal until the 7th. Still waiting for travel agent to confirm everything.

• 15 May 2011 Emily.007 said

Default_avatar

Same with me and my mate arriving in London on the 6th. Not staying at the royal till the 8th.

• 16 May 2011 Kara24 said

Default_avatar

We will all have to catch up an have a drink at the royal the night before the tour starts. Not long to go now. The hardest thing now is trying to fit all my stuff in my suitcase that can only weight 20kg

• 17 May 2011 nervous_traveler said

nervous_traveler

I think for me is keeping my suitcase under 20kg. I have a total of 3 tours that i’m going on

• 19 Jun 2011 Alli said

Default_avatar

Hi all I am traveling with 3 girlfriends and we are also on this tour.. Can’t wait.. See you all soon :))))

• 19 Jun 2011 Changer said

Changer

Hey Alli
    Welcome to the group, not long now. Are you doing anything before/after the tour? any more travelling around?

Rob

• 19 Jun 2011 Explorer1250749 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone my name is Kaliroi and I’m travelling solo on this tour! I’m from Melbourne, Australia :)

• 20 Jun 2011 nervous_traveler said

nervous_traveler

Yay only 9 days left to go before i leave for London. So nervous

• 27 Jun 2011 Explorer1263177 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys my name is dave and i’m also travelling solo for this trip!!! i’m from Sydney, Australia. Would love to know a few people before the tour starts

• 27 Jun 2011 Changer said

Changer

Hey Dave welcome to the tour.. I’d love to add more but I’m leaving for the airport in and hour and a half and I should really start packing. There’s a facebook group mentioned above somewhere and we’re all there so far so have a look at that if you can

Seeya in London
    Rob

• 28 Jun 2011 Explorer1263345 said

Default_avatar

Hi all,
    Im on this too but ill be meeting up with you all on the 9th ;)
    Look forward to meeting you all then!

~Andrew

• 4 Jul 2011 Meg23 said

Default_avatar

Hi all,

I am also on this tour, I will be travelling with Kara24. Not long to go now getting rather excited!! Have just mastered the art of packing a suitcase below 20kg without much jumping on it. :-) can’t wait to meet you all

Meg :-)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.