Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ireland - Working Visa

24 Jan 2011 Ash said

Default_avatar
Has anyone done an irish working visa before, or are thinking of it? need a travel buddy! wanting to do contiki tour first then stay on in Ireland.
  • 24 Jan 2011 Explorer1228692 said

Default_avatar

Where are you from?
    Im working in Ireland at the moment on a working holiday visa from Australia

• 25 Jan 2011 Ash said

Default_avatar

I am from NSW Australia :-) how is the working holiday going? did u do it by yourself, easy to find work and accomodation? etc

• 25 Jan 2011 Explorer1228692 said

Default_avatar

Its all going great. Im an Au pair and had a job ready before i left. I also went by myself, it was scary to start with but the Irish are so nice. There are lots of hostels around to stay in if thats what you wanted to do. What sort of work are you looking at doing? Australian Au pairs has a big demand if your interested. Im not sure about other jobs tho.
    When are you planning on coming over? Im planning to do a trip start of September by my self.

• 25 Jan 2011 ClavicleKiss said

ClavicleKiss

I WOULD NOT recommend a working visa to ireland right now if you don’t already have a job lined up. Pick the UK and travel to ireland to sight see. All my cousins in Ireland are coming to Canada on visa’s because you can’t even get a job at McDonalds n Ireland right now. WAY high unemployment.

• 25 Jan 2011 Ash said

Default_avatar

Laura – I have already done my uk working visa back in 2005, thats why i am looking into Ireland. Can aussies work in scorland , or is that on a uk visa? i work in office administration, how long were your cousins there for?

Explorer – where are you off to in september, ill be coming over around july, but want to do more travelling before settling into wok life – whats the money like with au pairing? then again dont think i could handle kids, hahaha. are you on facebook?

• 27 Jan 2011 Explorer1228692 said

Default_avatar

Yes i am
    Sarah Halson – im the only one

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.