Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Discovery 28th June 2011

22 Jan 2011 travelprincess said

Default_avatar
Anyone else going??
  • 20 Feb 2011 Natisha said

Natisha

Hi there!! yes im going on the 28th, starting directly in amsterdam.

• 22 Feb 2011 travelprincess said

Default_avatar

oh yay! my best friend & I are both going so I guess we will see you in amsterdam :)

• 22 Feb 2011 Natisha said

Natisha

Aaww great!!! Im travelling solo so looking forward to the experience!!

• 29 Mar 2011 Sarah said

Sarah

My sister and I are on this trip, starting in London. Can’t wait!

• 29 Mar 2011 travelprincess said

Default_avatar

Nice! We are starting in London as well :) where are you guys from?

• 1 Apr 2011 Sarah said

Sarah

Western Australia. You?

• 1 Apr 2011 Sarah said

Sarah

Facebook group – Contiki European Discovery June 2011

• 4 Apr 2011 Rebecca Swanson said

Default_avatar

Heya, My boyfriend and I are also going on this trip – we’re from NZ and are starting in London too :)

• 5 Apr 2011 Donna said

Donna

Hey guys im so excited! Going with my sister (Sarah- she’s already posted above)
    I just had a look at the optionals, they total 427.5 euro! One of my mates from highschool is training to be a Contiki Tour Manager in Europe at the moment and she said to do ALL of the optionals – has anyone decided what they want to do yet or are you just going to decide at the time?

• 6 Apr 2011 travelprincess said

Default_avatar

Yes my friend & I are frome WA also haha

There are some that I’m not planning on doing, like im not going white water rafting, just no :P
    and I wasn’t going to do the cruise in switzerland because apparently you loose a lot of time & don’t actually get to see lucerne, so i think id rather just wander around there. I wasnt going to do the dinner & show in Paris either…Ive been to Paris before & i think there are much much better ways of spending 118 euro. Stuff like the gondola ride in venice im definitely hanging out for!

• 6 Apr 2011 Donna said

Donna

I can’t wait to do the white water rafting! Yeah, we’re not sure about the dinner & show in Paris cos it’s so expensive but I don’t want to come home and think ‘I wish I’d done that!’
    Are you from Perth? I’m NOR near Joondalup. How old are you guys? I’m 24 (25 when we go) & Sarah is 26.

• 6 Apr 2011 travelprincess said

Default_avatar

hahahaha you’re obviously more adventurous than me then
    Thats true, but I still think there are other things that are just as good which dont cost as much :P
    yes we are, but SOR
    Im 20 & my friend will still be 19 at the time

• 6 Apr 2011 Sarah said

Sarah

I can’t wait to do the whitewater rafting!! But very much still undecided about Paris. I’m not really interested in Nouvelle Eve but I’ve heard that the Moulin Rouge is only €30 more than Nouvelle Eve. I’m really thinking that it might not be worth spending as much on one night in Paris as we spend on all the other optional things on the tour put together, and my friend who has been to Paris said to just stand outside the Moulin Rouge was enough for him, but then other people tell me that “It’s the MOULIN ROUGE!” and I really should do it… I dont know. It’s a lot of money.
    I found a blog that gives a review of our trip – http://lynseystravels.weebly.com/contikis-european-discovery.html
    She ¿ also goes through all of the optionals that she did during the trip, so that might be helpful..

• 7 Apr 2011 travelprincess said

Default_avatar

wow thanks for that! that was probably one of the best trip reviews ive read so far. Also one of the longest & it took me a while to get through hahaha
    I like how she explained that she opted not to go to the perfumery or the lourve with the rest of the group, because i didn’t particularly want to do that either, i was thinking of going back to Montmarte, although its really touristy its still very beautiful & totally woth a second visit and to the st georges pompidou centre and i thought about climbing the arc de triompeh because i didnt last time. Hoping a couple of other people will be like-minded & maybe want to come with =p

• 8 Apr 2011 Sarah said

Sarah

I’d like to go to the Louvre, but I’d also like to explore Paris… It’s hard because there’s just so little time in each place and I’ve never been before so I don’t know what is a must see and what to leave for next time.

• 9 Apr 2011 travelprincess said

Default_avatar

well i must say that if you’ve never been before & you do have some appreciation for art the lourve is probably worth a visit, even if its just for an hour or so, then at least you can say ive been there and done that :P
    but it is hard, totally agree with you there

• 10 May 2011 Donna said

Donna

Our tour is full, why aren’t more peple on here!!

• 10 May 2011 travelprincess said

Default_avatar

been wondering the same thing
    maybe people will closer to the time?

• 25 May 2011 BieBie said

BieBie

Hi guys!! Im also going on the 28th, starting in Amsterdam!!! Can’t wait!!!

• 25 May 2011 BieBie said

BieBie

Natisha I’m also going solo!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion