Community_discussions_small  

Comment

internet and freetime in Ireland/Scotland

22 Jan 2011 JennyLeighS86 said

JennyLeighS86
Can anyone advise if there are internet cafes available in Ireland/Scotland for the 14 day trip, also do they cost? I know somtimes its free sometimes not. I have a smart phone but sometimes its nice to have actual computer to sit at. Also about how much free time do we have to explore on our own or shop?
  • 23 Jan 2011 katiekat said

Default_avatar

Hiya,

I did the England and Scotland tour this summer, so I don’t know about Ireland but I’ll tell you what I remember about Scotland. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Outside of Glasgow and Edinburgh, you probably won’t find internet cafes, but some of the hotels had (spotty) wifi or a computer in the lobby you could pay a few pounds to use. Be ready to line up, though. Anyway, I’m a complete internet addict, but I really didn’t miss it on tour – there was always so much to do, I wasn’t fussed about checking facebook.

As for free time, there’s a full free day in Edinburgh, and then while you’re in the highlands, most of the free time is just an hour or 2 for lunch, shopping, and exploring the town before it’s back on the bus. Always free time at night, though, and that’s when the real fun starts! Haha Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 23 Jan 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

I also did the England and Scotland tour and had a similar experience.

A few of the hotels did have free (in the bar area) or paid wifi (expensive). But Iphones did not always work on those. Other then Edinburgh there isn’t much time in the cities to go to an internet cafe and I don’t remember seeing much in the way of internet cafes outside of the cities, but I also had a Netbook and wasn’t looking.

If you have a smart phone what you can do it write emails along the way, then when you pass a starbucks or if you eat in a restaurant with free wifi you can send them then and get your new emails.

• 28 Jan 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

I found the wifi was good enough to do emails etc on my iphone. They did have computers but a bit of demand. Not a lot of internet cafes. A few places like Dublin had handy computers in the lobby and if you picked your tim

• 28 Jan 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

*time right you could get on there.

• 4 Sep 2012 Internet said

Default_avatar

Provaider №1 http://kyivstar-inet.at.ua

• 4 Sep 2012 Internet said

Default_avatar

Provaider №1 http://kyivstar-inet.at.ua

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion