Community_discussions_small  

Comment

We'd love your thoughts!

24 Jan 2011 Beks said

Beks

A little different here, yes? Tell us what you think of your new forum.
~Beks

• 8 Feb 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Molly you are a legend, i couldnt of said it better myself.

I have started to get emails telling me that someone has made a comment on this thread, but not once have i got an email saying somone has commented on any other thread I have commented on. I wonder why…

• 8 Feb 2011 Beks said

Beks

Thanks for the feedback.

@Antman We have something better on the horizon which will automate the meeting rooms. Please bear with us in the interim as it’ll take too long to create these all manually (we have hundreds of tours and departures).

@M0lly We hear you. And things will work like the old forum once the bugs are fixes … Just with a different layout. We’ve updated what’s being fixed and what has been fixed here: http://contiki.com/community/discussions/27230-a-very-humble-apology-opportunity-to-help. If you have additional areas that aren’t working please tell us, but do give us specifics other than ’it’s not working’ so we can look at it – tell us what you were trying to do, the expected outcome and what then happened. If you’re just lost and don’t know where to go to find things, please just ask – we’d be more than happy to help.

@Zac We are seeing more people using the forums now than previously and more threads created than in the past – we continue to see that trend. We appreciate people have been struggling and we’re working to resolve it, but people are finding their way around too.

We know the forum isn’t yet perfect but we are working round the clock to fix it so it works in a way you expect. All we can ask is you continue to be patient with us.

~Beks
    Contiki Team

• 8 Feb 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

hey Beks, it is all looking a little better. its great that it now shows when the last comment was made on a thread but how come they are not in order. ie on page 1 you could have a comment made 22hours ago then on page 3 a comment could of been 14 hours ago??!! is there some way this could be changed?

• 9 Feb 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

Is there going to be a special section for reviews and travelogues?

• 9 Feb 2011 Todd said

Todd

Just went looking for my tours thread in the Meeting place. I found that the Ultimate European tag had been split into tags for the Egypt and Greek Islands options yet both were empty.

Splitting up the Ultimate European tours makes no sense anyway as for 6 out of 7 weeks they are the same thing

• 9 Feb 2011 Beks said

Beks

Apologies Evan – it’s on the radar to enable you to turn them on/off. Our team have been focusing on getting the forums more usable so once they’re in a better state they’ll look at the notifications (and apologies for the extra one received now).

Jase, are you still seeing this? If so whereabouts? The team have pushed a fix live which should be showing them correctly now (if you look at the yellow time stamp that’s the most recent comment).

Kelsey, if you click to a region, take a look on the right-hand side – you’ll see the links to blogs and reviews etc there.

TheTodd07, the team are still updating these so bear with them while they make a few tweaks (there should be an ‘ultimate european’ tag here and content in the others). Thanks for flagging though.

To everyone else… the Meeting Places should now be showing more of what you expect… if you click to a region, you should see the most commonly talked about tours (and if you click ‘see all’ you’ll see the rest, sorted alphabetically). Clicking on a tour name will then show you the discussions to find your tour mates for those tours.

We’re not completely there yet… but we’re getting there.

~Beks

• 9 Feb 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Hi Beks,

if you just go to the “Contiki” thread and scroll down the page you will see the time stamps start in hours then go to days, then back to hours, then back to days…

• 9 Feb 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I agree with Jase. They are not showing up in order of the most recent commented on which is how the old forums were. They are instead in the order of the topic that was started the most recently.

• 11 Feb 2011 ChrisSoll48 said

Default_avatar

The tags for the reviews, blogs, etc on the right hand side is not a solution for organizing threads. A user does not intuitively know to click on the right hand side to find categories of threads. This format is no where else on the web. Having it this way only encourages people to put threads whereever they want. Also since the information already on this forums is impossible to find, people are posting repeat questions. The forums are getting more disorganized everyday people are putting threads in the wrong place.

• 12 Feb 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

One of the major problems I’m finding with the tags as opposed to the forums is the meeting place topics. Previously these were all constricted in the meeting place discussion thread. Now however they appear when I’m looking at the Europe section, making it really difficult to find the threads that are related to Europe, but NOT specific Europe departures. If there was a way that departure threads could be restrained to ONLY appear in the meeting place area, it would make looking for things much easier.

• 15 Feb 2011 EatPrayLove said

EatPrayLove

I agree, the Meeting Place posts are absolutely everywhere, its like the plague!

Is there any way the page numbers can be placed at the top of the page as well as the bottom? Saves having to scroll down to the bottom to select a page number. Just a suggestion- I think the old forums had the page numbers up the top from memory..

I can see you are making progress but seems like there is a way to go yet.

• 16 Feb 2011 kristy said

kristy

ok this is getting pathetic.. i started a new topic on a forum a day ago and I CANT even find it.. no ones answered to it because they cant even see it on the first couple of pages. now i wont get any help for what i was asking. but yet theres topic from 2007 right at the top of the page…
    it needs to be from most recent!!!
    STILL HATE IT

• 16 Feb 2011 kristy said

kristy

oh and looking up for my tour ultimate european 3rd july has 4 results. one is the right one and the rest dont have anything to do with the search at all eg. grand southern usa ect… wat the??

• 16 Feb 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

Kristy – the post from 2007 is at the top because it has recent comments. The topics with the most recent comments appear first in the list, rather than being sorted by when the topic was created – makes it easier to find the active discussions!

• 23 Feb 2011 NaHdz said

NaHdz

I really, really don’t like this new forum :-( I much prefer the old layout it was so much easier!!! I want the old one back it was soooooooooo much better!!!

• 26 Feb 2011 ChrisSoll48 said

Default_avatar

Beyond the fact that these forums are now impossible to use, we are all getting emailed every time someone updates this discussion. (Sorry everyone). Since there is no way to opt out of this notification, we are receiving unsolicited email just because contiki has our email address and there is a glitch in their system. It is actually against the law to not provide a way to turn off these emails. It has taken more than enough time to fix this and my opinion of contiki has really been downgraded. How small is your IT department? Why can you not get this fixed? It shows me that contiki does is not taking this as serious as it really is. Hire contractors, temps, whatever you need to do. Clearly this has not been considered an urgent issue. Very disappointed in a company I used to hold in high regard.

• 26 Feb 2011 m0lly said

Default_avatar

I actually like getting the emails – at the moment its the only way I know when somethings been posted because I’m not going into the forums to look everyday anymore.

This is just awful – I started a topic the other day, soon as I had submitted it I could not find it again.. it wasn’t listed under any of the headings. It was just gone.

Also, this new email thing thats been set up is just full of spam – I keep getting spam emails from people with broken english saying they want to meet me and live happily ever after – whatever. Id expect this from a dating website maybe, not from contiki.

• 26 Feb 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

I also don’t mind the notifications, but I’d also like to be able to get notifications for topics I’m interested in, but haven’t necessarily posted on.

I’d also love it if the posts that are new since I last came on were marked somehow, like they were in the old forums, or if the timestamp was for an actual date and time. So-an-so posted a comment 2 days ago is not the most helpful way to find topics with comments I haven’t yet read.

• 28 Feb 2011 ChrisSoll48 said

Default_avatar

I also like the notifications but the user should be able to decide which you receive. It is unprofessional for a company to use email address however they please without user consent.

• 1 Mar 2011 interface2x said

interface2x

Where do we find travelogues now? I want to check out some reviews but with everything smashed together, I don’t want to go through twenty pages of “who’s going on this trip” threads to possibly find a single review (if there even is one) on a tour. The search doesn’t work for this because, since there used to be well organized forums for things like travelogues, no one ever bothered to properly label anything in the subject lines. Well, they were properly named before, but now that everything is in a single pile, there’s no way to tell any of the threads apart anymore.

Is this ever going to be fixed to work like a normal forum again?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion