Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer starting Darwin 5th Oct 2011

25 Jan 2011 charlie26 asked

charlie26

Hi just seeing if anyone else is doing this tour?im all booked up to go and doing it alone, its a bit scary lol!

• 30 Jan 2011 Miranda said

Miranda

Hi Charlie!
    I was just looking at the same tour, probably want to do this one!
    Want to go by myself as well so agree with you on the bit scary part!

• 30 Jan 2011 charlie26 said

charlie26

hahaha yer just a bit scary, i cant wait tho, it looks like a really good tour!x

Miranda

yes it does for sure! have you traveled with contiki before?

charlie26

nope never travelled with them before, have u?ive herd contiki is really good fun!r u staying in australia before or after the tour?

Miranda

Nope haven’t yet either! Found them on google while searching for an australian tour! I want to stay a couple more days after the tour in Sydney and you?

charlie26

yer after the tour im staying in sydney for a week after to stay with and meet family ive never met before, i cant wait!where r u from?

Miranda

That’s really nice!! From the Netherlands, and you?

• 3 Feb 2011 charlie26 said

charlie26

im from near London!good luck with the planning for your trip and maybe see you there lol

• 18 Feb 2011 Miranda said

Miranda

Hi Charlie,

Just another question from me :) Have you booked your flight on your own or does Contiki help with that?
    Was just worndering when you need to meet them on the 5th and if it’s best to book a changeble ticket because the tour is not guarenteed yet…
    Thanks for your help :)

• 20 Feb 2011 charlie26 said

charlie26

hey, i have booked my flights , i booked them at the same time as booking the tour and my travel agent did it for me!i get to Darwin on the 4th oct early am and im staying i think at a contiki hostal for 1 night and i think thats where the tour starts so on the 5th im there already to start the tour!

i have paid for my flights and if the tour is cancelled,i get my money back for the tour and ill just book another tour for the dates i am there, im in oz for a month so i can book a few smaller tours if i want!

hope this helps!

• 18 Mar 2011 Miranda said

Miranda

Hey,
    I got another stupid question!
    I’m ready to book this trip :) Yeaah finally!
    But now I see start of tour in Cairns do you know this? Are we starting in Cairns or Darwin? Cause then I know which airport to fly to :) I think the Contiki hostel is full cause you can’t book it anymore.. do you happen to have the adress so I can find somehting nearby?

Thanks so much for your help and will see you in October!!

• 18 Mar 2011 charlie26 said

charlie26

hey, ive just had a look on here at the tour intinery and it doesnt say anything about starting in cairns and ive not herd anything from my travel agent so i presume its starting in Darwin, if i were you i would just give contiki a call to double check!this tour must be getting booked up because its a definate departure!sorry i dont have the address at the mo but ill be getting all the info about a month before i leave and ill prob get the address then or call contiki and ask them!see you in october, i cant wait!

• 23 Mar 2011 Miranda said

Miranda

Thanks so much for your help!!!!
    I gave them a call on saturday and it was some mistake on the booking site probably!
    Booked via phone and no problem of booking the night before at the hostel!

So will see you then :) Can’t wait either!

• 23 Mar 2011 charlie26 said

charlie26

oh good, glad it was just a mistake!im staying at the hostel too the night before the tour starts, i get to darwin about 6 am the day before the tour starts so will have a day to settle in!see you there.

• 28 Mar 2011 LeanneIRL said

LeanneIRL

hey girls!! im thinking of doing this trip also! either sept or october one. Starting in darwin also as I have family in sydney so like you I was going to visit them at the end of the trip!
    going alone too which is scary isnt it?! lol
    I just need to finalise my plans but this trip just sounds amazing!! they plan everything like! how else would you get to see so much of Oz in 3 weeks!!!
    oooohhh i think i may have to book this soon :)

• 28 Mar 2011 Miranda said

Miranda

Hi Leanne,
    Yes it’s a bit scary but also a lot of fun to meet new people :)
    I booked it a week ago and so excited of going! Maybe we’ll see you there!

• 28 Mar 2011 charlie26 said

charlie26

Hi Leanne
    Have you been to Australia before?I really cant wait to go, we will get to see so much of Australia and cant wait to try out lots of new things, its gonna be amazing!Hopefully see you there!

• 29 Mar 2011 LeanneIRL said

LeanneIRL

Hi Charlie!
    yeah i went about 3 years ago just a short holiday, just did some of the east coast. was totally amazing! but i missed out on so much though still a lot I wanna do, just love the way contiki organise everything for you! and what a great way to meet lots of new people and try new things! im going to have to book this soon, gonna check out flights first, might get to darwin a day or two earlier to “settle in” like you said, be fresh as a daisy for take off on the 5th!! gonna be amazing! I hope loads others hop on board too! do you know how many are booked to go?? do they send you all the info & itinerary once you’ve booked??! oh its so exciting!
    are you from london? im from just outside Dublin :)

• 29 Mar 2011 charlie26 said

charlie26

hey Leanne, I think they send me all the intinery and info about a month before the tour stars, and i think theres about 15+ people booked on the tour, if its any less than that then the tour gets cancelled,it does say on here that its a definate departure so it must be getting booked up quickly!im getting to darwin on the 4th oct and staying in the contiki hostel the night before so im there ready to start lol

i love the way contiki have organised everything too, and cant wait for all the fun we r going to have. one of the reasons ive gone my myself is so i can make lots of new friends and dont think i would of gone by myself if contiki didnt offer this, and the weather will be lovely, it will the spring in australia!

Im from near London about 2 hrs away in suffolk near norwich!good luck with booking ur hol and let me kno if u decide on this one!

• 29 Mar 2011 LeanneIRL said

LeanneIRL

great thanks for that, it sounds like they do it all for you, brilliant, its great that its a definite departure too means there’s loads interested! been reading the itinerary wow it just sounds amazing.. we are going to be exhausted by the time we finish up in sydney with all the activites they have planned! Jeez!! gotta keep some energy for sydney central!
    ok ill let you know if I decide on this one..gotta go ask my boss for time off now..haha…hopefully see you there :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion