Community_discussions_small  

Question

solo travel?

26 Jan 2011 Ems22 asked

Default_avatar

I have never travelled with contiki before and am considering doing a solo trip (possibly Asia) later in the year. Could anybody tell me their experiences of travelling solo as I have never done so before! I will be travelling from the UK, how likely would it be to meet people before travelling at the airport do you think?

• 27 Jan 2011 PatRice said

PatRice

I have travelled solo a few times and had a great time on every occasion. I am planing on going to Asia late in the year, this trip would be my first with Contiki. From my understanding with Contiki, you are with a group, so really you are never alone.

• 27 Jan 2011 KateOgilvie said

KateOgilvie

i have never travelled solo yet but i am doing the big indochina leaving the 20th march 2011 solo! im nervous but should have an amazing time! =]

• 27 Jan 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hey Emily, once you’ve booked your tour you’ll have the opportunity to join/create a conversation in the meeting places section so you’ll be able to touch base with your fellow tour mates. You might then be able to arrange to meet if anyone on your tour is on the same/similar flight.
    If you have any questions or need advice, please just ask – we’d be happy to help.
    ~Beks

• 27 Jan 2011 Explorer1227197 said

Default_avatar

You have some fears in your mind as I guess you have never traveled alone. I have also done few solo backpacking trips and they were great. While traveling with tour companies you basically travel with a group and you can make friends as well. So you need not worry about anything.

• 27 Jan 2011 Andrea-Maree said

Andrea-Maree

i know how you are feeling, i have never ever gone away by myself nor gone overseas and yet in just under a month im flying away and spending a month overseas im scared out of my mind! but i have heard so much great things about contiki and how contiki is the way to go if travelling solo

• 28 Jan 2011 Pixie said

Default_avatar

I never felt alone or left out at all. A lot of people on Contiki are solo travelers, you will definitely make friends.

• 1 Feb 2011 Brett said

Brett

I did my first Contiki solo last August (Best of Europe Trip), and had an amazing time. I am going on an Australian Contiki in 3 weeks solo again. And I am planning on doing another Contiki in the middle to end of August, but haven’t officially decided on which tour yet. I will have 15 days of vacation so that is about how long of a tour I am looking at. Possibly Thailand, Lao, Cambodia. If you have any more questions just let me know.
    -Brett

• 2 Feb 2011 Explorer1171466 said

Explorer1171466

definitely solo! I did european impressions solo and met so many people I just came back from travelling alone in australia visiting everyone. not to be afraid!

• 22 May 2012 Explorer1427407 said

Default_avatar

i’m thinking to solo too,im from malaysia,never been oversea before.maybe is a good experience for me to solo.i need some advied from all of you.thank you first .contiki solo means have to follow a tour guide?or still can hang out anyplace u want to go??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion