Community_discussions_small  

Question

time on the bus?!?!

23 Sep 2010 Explorer1209358 asked

Default_avatar
Hey Guys,

Doing the london to rome trip 2011, anyone know on average how much time on the bus you spend each day?? is there much leg room??

So excited, anyone else planning for L to R 2011????

Thanks! Big Grin
  • 24 Sep 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

If you do a “find” in the tabs above, there are heaps of posts which cover this same topic.

Drive time can’t ever be specific, depends on traffic, whether conditions, accidents, where you’re heading etc. Mostly, you can expect to spend 4-6 hours per day travelling, when going cross country from city to city…sometimes more. If you inter-country, it might only be a few hours, but it will take all day because you will have stops/visits along the way.

Leg room, just like a normal bus really.

• 25 Sep 2010 _*michelle*_ said

Default_avatar

Yeah as above, generally a couple of hours a day. I think the max I spent on the bus was 10 hours, and that was between French Riviera and Florence (I think?) and we hit some pretty hectic traffic. So yeah, it can vary but there are rest stops along the way and most of the time half of the bug trips were spent sleeping off hangovers/catching up on sleep And with an ipod, a decent book and your contiki tourmates to keep u entertained generally the hours pass by pretty quickly Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Sep 2010 _*michelle*_ said

Default_avatar

Oh and I found the buses to be comfy, enough leg room and reclining seats etc.

• 23 May 2011 Racheee said

Racheee

Hi Explorer1209358,

Was just wondering what date are you doing your London to Rome trip? I am doing this one on the 23rd of August! And can’t wait!!

:)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.