Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Spanish Spree june 13 2011

27 Jan 2011 NADIAG said

NADIAG

Hi! is anyone else doing the june 13 2011 spanish spree - i cant wait - going solo hmmmmmmm

• 16 May 2011 Gavin C said

Default_avatar

mmh dont know how well that will work i vote just taking a umbrella and still going out even if its pissing down

• 16 May 2011 Explorer1237686 said

Default_avatar

Awwww doesn’t matter bout the rain!!! I’ll still be wearing my bikinis on Ibiza!!!!!!!! NADIAG maybe you’ll wanna be paired with me!!!!!! We are both the same age, so I reckon we’d have heaps in common…. Hey Gavin and NADIA what in the world is billy boy???? hahaha lol So I wonder who else is going and hasn’t taken to this forum yet! I always get excited when I see ten thousand emails from Contiki in my inbox!!! I am just HANGING for work to finish!!!

• 17 May 2011 NADIAG said

NADIAG

hehehe Bernadette sounds good how we gonna do that? you got connections? re “billiy boy” was a nickname i chose randomly for Gavin and it turns out to be a brand of, erm, cough condomias. lol i didnt quite know that hehehe. Gavin your case is going to be too full if you pack an umbrella lol! i know i wonder why ppl arent on the forum, thats the first thing i did. heheh

• 17 May 2011 Gavin C said

Default_avatar

ramiro how good are the prime lenses … ive never used one before and a nikon prime lens is crazy expencive 50 mm is like $400+, at the moment i use a 18-55 and a 55-200 what situations whould you use your prime for? i might go to the shops tomorrow and try out the 50 mm just so see what shots it takes as im not sure how good they are. bernadette billy boy was one of Nadz’s blond moments (she is alowed 2 a day BTW ) since i made a few nicknames to go on a badge im making for her for ibiza ( Hi my name is Nadz, if found please return to nearest portal/elevator/exit) she wanted to make a nick for me /shrug ^ above explanation and now billy boy or BB for short is all she is alowed to call me on tour as i will refuse to answer to anything else if she tries to call me Gavin

• 17 May 2011 Ramiro M said

Default_avatar

That is quite a loaded question. Prime lenses in general have great image quality, color, contrast, and sharpness due to less lens elements than a zoom and better quality lens elements. In general they can be smaller and faster (maximum aperture) than zooms (excluding super telephotos). Your lenses right now are most likely variable aperture and at max probably are f/3.2 to f/4 range. Since you have 18-200 focal lengths covered, I would look into an ultrawide (less than 18mm) or telephoto (200m+, can be expensive though) or a fast 35 or 50mm (something in a f/1.8 or similar max aperture). 35mm is equivalent to 50mm in a crop sensor camera and 50mm in any format is a “classic” focal length for street,photojournalism, and portraiture. the human eye has a “focal length” of somewhere between the 35 and 50 so that is why it sometimes feels natural to be in that range. The fast aperture will allow use to use the lens in low light (dark churches,pubs,places where flash isnt allowed, etc) and will alow for razor thin depth of field (one focus point real sharp and the rest of the photo nice and creamy/fuzzy out of focus). I’m not too familiar with the Nikon system but I know there is a good relatively inexpensive crop format 35mm prime and a few 50mm primes out there.

I’ve noticed on the trip web page on Contiki that our tour has been full for quite awhile, but that only about 6 of us post on here. Where’s the other 40 something travellers? I’ve checked facebook in case someone created a group for the trip but there isn’t one. I guess some people are more excited than others.

• 17 May 2011 Gavin C said

Default_avatar

cheers ramiro.. yeh i did a basic of photography coarce over the weekend and learned alot about apature and shutter contols, but there are so many lenses out ther in both sigma tameron and nikon its hard to know which to pick

Ive tryed to same with face book and other pages on contiki and nothing i dont know why the people dont reach out maybe they cant navigate the forums, I found a frick ton of usefull info and got to chat to all of you early makes the first introductions easyer on the first day when you have spoken / written to them before

yeh i was thinking of getting a prime as they do look realy nice especialy f/1.4 or 1.8 mine is i think from memory f/3.8 for the 18-55 and 5.4 for the 200mm i got a mate to bring around his prime and you realy can tell the diference

how is every one going with there passports, packing of there bags and organising of there medication/first aid packs ( im bringing everything including bandages, antibotics cold tabs, hand sanatizer, ect i think my firstaid pack weighs like 2-4kg or more once i finish filling it) thats the worst part of my job is that i always prepare for the worse makes traveling light a burden becuase i hate leaving things out …sigh i hope to ship home alot of my gear in spain and fill it with momentoes, were going to have such a great time and i cant wait to meet you all

NADIAG

heheh cheers to that billy boy. lol. Seei think i kind of have everything worked out in my head but one week before i dont think im going to be so calm. :P well i think we all get full colours for excitement for bravadoship. or whatever. and as for those 2 blond moments a day i’m taking Ramiro’s stance on the spending money. I might use less or none on one day and perhaps use 6 in one day. that cool?

• 17 May 2011 Explorer1237686 said

Default_avatar

Hahaha ‘Billy Boy’ – love it! Ok Gavin, I mean, ‘Billy Boy’… I’ll call you that from now on! Geeez Ramiro you guys sound like professional photographers!!! Nadia, I was on an Aussie Contiki a couple of years ago and I made a very good friend, so we asked the tour guide if we could be in the same room and we were allowed to! But I guess every tour guide is different. I think I’ll start packing a week before Gavin… Ohhhhhhhh man! I envisage a full suitcase but I know that’s not possible :D

NADIAG

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!

• 18 May 2011 Gavin C said

Default_avatar

Ive had to do some serious cloths culling this morning as i am a recent convert to metrosexualism i had one of my friends that did my wardobe selection for me do my suitcase ( i had way to many products ) i dont know how girls do it to be honest it takes so much longer to get ready to go out than it used to … now that i give a s#!t what i look like when leaving my place my old look was a hat boardies and a singlet. now its skinnys shirt and overshirt.

culling it was just hard becuase im going to 3 countires and the weather is diff in all of them(and i hate the cold ) insdead of heavy coats i have lightweight windproof jackets and thermals

What parts of Aus did you do?

planning is key Nadz ive had my bags packed for 3 weeks now sure ive repacked it 3 times now but i at least know what ive got in it and how heavy it weighs ( BTW for a good way to check how much your bag weighs, as just puting it on a bathroom scale is not always acruate. take your weight first then (if you can) hug the bag to your chest/torso and take the second mesurement and you have your bag weight mine is easy im 90kg flat so as long as i dont go over 110kg … my bag is safe.
    Im also voting on ramiro teaching us spainish as he seems knowageable and im still struggeling to understand sentances i think i have the pronunciation correct its just remembering what words mean what

• 18 May 2011 Gavin C said

Default_avatar

went lens shoping today ive had a poke around before but HOLY CRAP there are alot of diferent lens out there the prime i might wait till i get back and order off e-bay as the cheapest i could find a 50mm f1.4 for around 499 for a sigma the nikons were alot more(around AU $989 ) ( now i know the lenes are good quality hence the price but …daym) i saved about AUS $230 buying my tameron 18-270 online so im hoping i can find a good deal ..after useing my mates 50mm last night i understand why they are so popular

• 19 May 2011 Explorer1237686 said

Default_avatar

HI GUYSSS!!!!!!! So I am at work and am researching Ibiza…lol…I came across this site:

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_june_i.htm

It tells you about all the club events happening in Ibiza in 2011!!! Tiesto is there, Hed Kandi etc. Can’t wait to tear up the dancefloor/s Ibiza style HEHEHEHE

• 19 May 2011 Explorer1237686 said

Default_avatar

OMG even David Guetta!!!!!!

• 19 May 2011 Ramiro M said

Default_avatar

My travel docs arrived today! :o)

• 19 May 2011 NADIAG said

NADIAG

yay Ramiro! i am getting mine tomorrow. BillyB HUG MY SUITCASE WHEN I AM STANDING ON THE SCALE???? BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH (visuals in my head) meterosexual eh? i wont tell anyone, i promise. :P I hear you with the 3 different temperatures, good luck with that one :) ((hahha scale visula again)) BERNADETTE nice FIND!!!! What nights are we going to be there? the F*** me im famous one looks awesome …. (ok i dont know what it looks like i like the sound of it)

• 19 May 2011 Ramiro M said

Default_avatar

We’re in Ibiza the nights of 19-20th (Day 8 and 9) I believe?

• 19 May 2011 NADIAG said

NADIAG

OOOOOOOOOOOOO thanks Ramiro! so looks like on the 20 there is Tiesto and swedish house mafia !!! (they kind of the only ones i know hehehe ) !

• 20 May 2011 Gavin C said

Default_avatar

AHAHA the image is funny as F!@k, i on the otherhand dont have to go down that road nadz as i last month ninjed my fathers digital baggage scale which is really freaking handy god lets hope i get to see teisto i was going to book the sweadish house tickets but i dont know what contiki has planed and if its a choice between them and tiesto its teisto all the way BAHAHHA the image of you on the scale with a big arse bag just one leave my head * gasps for breath as he rolls on the floor doubled over with laughter*

• 25 May 2011 Rabih said

Default_avatar

hey guys looks like ill be joining the club lol cant wait its going 2 go OFF!!!

• 25 May 2011 Rabih said

Default_avatar

hey guys looks like ill be joining the club lol cant wait its going 2 go OFF!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion