Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Spanish Spree june 13 2011

27 Jan 2011 NADIAG said

NADIAG

Hi! is anyone else doing the june 13 2011 spanish spree - i cant wait - going solo hmmmmmmm

• 25 May 2011 Explorer1237686 said

Default_avatar

Welcome Rabih! Soooo another Aussie!!!!! Lol :D Rabih, Paul and Mel are also Aussie, then we have our gorgeous South African Nadiag and Ramiro, our friendly Texan!!! Hehehe it’s funny, people who aren’t on this forum are totally missing out!!!!!!!! Who’s counting down the days now? Can’t wait to finish work… It’s driving me INSANE! Espana here we come! I must watch some Dora The Explorer before I go. My nephews and nieces seem to know more Spanish than I do!!!

• 25 May 2011 NADIAG said

NADIAG

hehe B do you mean Gav instead of Paul LOLOLOLOL. Hi Rabih welcome going to be good to meet everyone :P hehehe Bernadette am not gorgeous but, bless. :P hehehe DORA the Explorer, i will try watch it to, nice research work, what a pleasure (unless its a nerdy program then no not nice research!!!) Tiesto YEAH BillyB!

• 25 May 2011 Rabih said

Default_avatar

Thnx guyz yeh this is going 2 b fun,
    not long to go.

• 25 May 2011 Gavin C said

Default_avatar

HOLA! btw guys… free audio coarse www.thespanishcat.com/audio/lesson1.html to get all 5 lessons just change the 1 to a 2, 3, 4, 5 ie (www.thespanishcat.com/audio/lesson5.html) it had a audio and work books it came free with the Spanish lessons i went to …. welcome to the group Rabih …. weres the love Bern? good to see some one is sharing the love cheers Nadz …. i have a dislike of dora since my mates 5yr old can speak better Spanish from watching that show then i can

Default_avatar

god god god… please let the volcano not hamper this tour and let me into Scotland in 5 days time ….

NADIAG

COOL

NADIAG

Guys what power adaptors do they use in spain/

Default_avatar

Europe ones? lol dont forget they use 240v in Spain.. (if like in america its 110v so if you bring say a hairdryer from thereand you plug it in will Fry like Christmast in July) im not sure what you use Nadz thou i will have plenty if you cant find the correct one http://contiki.com.au/contikipedia/articles/power-adapters… BTW

NADIAG

heheh here we just connect the cables straight to wire….. risky but it works.
    thanks gav :P

Default_avatar

Awwwwwwwwww :( Gavin!!!!!! So sorry! I DO need a holiday! My only defence is that my boss has been a total f***head…alas, the blank mindedness :( sorry! Yeh bloody volcano!!! I am on google every minute of the day for updates, but apparently the ash is dispersing and has gonne through Germany, soooo hopefully not anywhere else!!!

Default_avatar

mmh i tried that once and got shot across the room couldn’t feel my arm for a day or so. did the same with a electric fence my mate told me was “turned off” fun times …

Default_avatar

mmh LAST DAY AT WORK TOMORROW …OH GOD OHH GOD its close now for me… and you all you as well how have you guys faired with the packing? have you started yet? Ramiro my carry on camera bag weighs in at 10.9kg im also taking a “manbag” which is about 3kg how heavy is yours? my checkin is around 16kg to leave some space for shit im going to buy. which has taken weeks just to get down to that weight it original weight was like 30kg odd never new packing wa ssuch a f@#king pain lol work just figgered out im not coming in next week even thou ive been telling them for the last 8 months im going on hollies so today and tommorow im training the new guys how to do my job fun times to be had all round is it just me or do you also feel mixed emotions about this trip like one moment im ecstatic and then next im freaking out them im calm then im stressed then im back to ecstatic and nothing could faze me

• 25 May 2011 Explorer1234235 said

Default_avatar

Hi peeps, we’ll be joining you too! We’re both 29 from Melbourne and this will be a part of our honeymoon. I’m looking forward to getting into some sangria and tapas. Can’t wait :)

NADIAG

welcome honeymooners :P have you guys gotten married already or coming up soon? if so congratulations!

Default_avatar

http://contiki.com.au/community/discussions/8411-what-do-you-wish-youd-known
    for the new guys if you missed it in past posts

it is stacked full of usefull info that you wont regreat reading all the way thru ….

welcome melbounites …part of the honeymoon eh is the other before or after
    this tour? ( if its not to rude to ask?)

Default_avatar

^ fail post heres it hyperlinked http://contiki.com.au/community/discussions/8411-what-do-you-wish-youd-known

Default_avatar

Haaaaaaaaaaaa lol GAVIN (see, got it right!!!) I finish work tomorrow and yup, one minute I am excited, nervous, then normal etc. etc. Haven’t started packing yet :S ohhhhhh crap :S if your case started off at 30kg I can guarantee you mine will be 40 lol. Awwwwwwww newlyweds! When did you get married/getting married? Which part of Melbourne you guys from???

• 26 May 2011 Louise said

Default_avatar

Hey guys! I’m Louise from Australia and ill be meeting you all REAL soon!! I am also travelling solo and apologise for not commenting sooner! (Uni’s been CRAAAAZY!!). I’m ariving around midday on the Sunday too! Very nervous but excited as it is my first Contiki tour :D Very keen to practice my spanish on the trip too!! ;)

• 26 May 2011 Explorer1237686 said

Default_avatar

Hi Louise!!! Welcome! Which part of Aus are you from??? I know, it will be really cool meeting new people! What are you studying at uni?

• 26 May 2011 Louise said

Default_avatar

I’m from Adelaide :) studying international studies and arts double degree. Which basically allows me to study languages!!! German and Español to be exact!! I read a few of you can speak some Spanish already so it’ll be heaps fun butchering it together!! Haha, (hopefully not!). How bout you? Are you studying or working?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion