Community_discussions_small  

Question

combo:Grand Southern,Grand Northern JuneJuly 2012

28 Jan 2011 JerryLangers asked

JerryLangers

Just thought i would throw it out there and ask if there was anyone interested in giving this ago as it appears to be an awesome round trip of the USA.

• 4 Feb 2011 katie said

katie

Im doing the Grand Southern on June 2nd, would have loved to have done both tours but dont have enough money for both!

• 6 Feb 2011 Kas said

Default_avatar

Hey!

Im looking at doing Grand Northern/Grand Southern/Mexico Grande and Hawaii Stopover in mid-june next year! Cant wait! Its a lot of money, but so worth it!!!

• 6 Feb 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

Hey Kas,
    Would you be doing Grand Southern first and then Grand Northern? yeah i was looking at around mid June also!! Waiting on their tour dates to be released!! Going to be soooo good!!! :)

• 7 Feb 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

Hey Katie, When you going on the Grand Southern? 2011 or 2012?

• 18 Feb 2011 Kas said

Default_avatar

I know hey! I plan on doing the Grand Northern first, and then the Grand Southern, only because I can get my flights cheaper that way – Ive been researhing and you can get round-the-world flights with onestop (part of quantas) for just under $4000. Thats from Sydney-London-New York-Mexico-Honolulu-Sydney. It would be an absolutely amazing holiday I think, all up I estimate I’ll be gone around 3 months. How exciting! Saving my butt off at the moment – thats why I’m going next year – cant afford to go this year because its going to take me that long to save up! :-p Let me know if you’re going – itd be nice to have someone to do the whole trip with! :-)

• 18 Feb 2011 Kas said

Default_avatar

Let me know if ur gonna go Jerry – it’d be nice to have someone to do the whole trip with! :-)

• 18 Feb 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

Hey Kas, I was looking at maybe doing the Southern first and then Northern.. I would have to have alook at flights also to see which would work out better for me also. I haven’t made any plans as to which order just yet but once i see the dates of the tours and look at flights from my travel agent.
    Yeah would be pretty cool to know and have someone to do the whole trip with in the lead up!! :-)

Wow sounds like you have an awesome trip planned!! Doing any other contiki tours on this trip??

• 2 Aug 2011 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

i’m looking at doing the grand northern with a friend end of july probably i think its the 20th tour – we both met doing the grand southern last year. we’re hoping to get out geek on at comic con before we go on tour

• 2 Aug 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

Hey Kaznagan,
    I am looking to do the combo of the two tours… so Alot of saving to do!! I am pretty sure the way i’m calculating the bookings im pretty sure i will be on the July 20th Grand Northern tour also!!

• 2 Aug 2011 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

yay someone else to come play hahahaha i did the grand southern last year and loved it!!!! had so much fun!!! be prepared to sleep a fair bit on the bus!!!!
    i’m planning to be in america for about 2 months well at least 7 weeks give or take
    :) karlie

• 13 Aug 2011 Lou said

Lou

I’m also thinking of doing the grand southern june/july 2012 too. ive never done contiki before, but have had lots of friends do various ones and have had a blast! I would be traveling by myself..

• 14 Aug 2011 LittleMissSunshine said

Default_avatar

I’m keen as to do the 26 days of Grand Southern.. not sure on dates yet, thinking of going around March 2012
    Keep us posted.. never know, might see you on tour! ;)

• 15 Aug 2011 PPPPPV said

PPPPPV

Hey! i’ve just got home from 7 and a half weeks in Europe. I did a 29 day Contiki through Europe and it was absolutely amazing! i def have the travel bug now and am keen to go again! looking at the grand southern LA-NY, leaving mid july. anyone else? i’ll be doing it alone. Next year hopefully i will be studying abroad in Boston second semester, so if all goes to plan i will be doing this contiki, flying into LA looking about California a bit and then do the tour and stay in NY after a bit to recover and see more before i head off to study and travel more!…

• 15 Aug 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

hey PPPPPV, I’m looking at doing Grand Southern around the 21st of June Next year… also going solo as I did Euro Contrasts Last year which probably was the same as the one you did? I cannot wait as I also have been bitten by the Travel Bug haha

JerryLangers

Hey Lou,
    which tour you thinking of doing.. I’m pretty much doing the 21st of June tour of Grand Southern! would be pretty awesome having someone on the same tour!!

• 15 Aug 2011 PPPPPV said

PPPPPV

Yep that’s the one i did! Contrasts- how good was it!? ah Grand Southern looks so good! you’ll probs be finished it by the time i start it! but you never know. have a good trip!

• 15 Aug 2011 Lou said

Lou

hey jerry, i havent looked as far as specific dates yet but the 21st june sounds like a really good time to be going. im glad it seems that quite a few people do contiki by themselves, i was always worried id be in a group with groups of friends and/or couples. would love to meet new people..

JerryLangers

Yeah PPPPPV Contrasts was so good!!! Loved the whole thing…. Yeah Lou, Its awesome to travel solo.. I did it when I went to Europe and met some awesome people.. There’s always a large number of solo travelers on Contiki.. 21st of June does sound good hey!! ;-)

• 18 Aug 2011 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

i did my last two contikis by myself, i’m actually going to do the grand northern with a girl i met on the grand southern!!! we had so much fun!!
    only note – if ur a drinker…. plan for a bigger daily budget…… i’m not a big drinker but i was one on contiki and i wound up dropping a bit on drinks alone each day!

• 30 Aug 2011 erin.maree said

erin.maree

Hi! i Just booked the grand southern today starting in LA on 7th June 2012 – Anyone else doing this? im going solo :(

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion