Community_discussions_small  

Question

Does the weather affect tours in Jan-Feb?

29 Jan 2011 Tyson asked

Default_avatar

Im thinking of doing the grand southern at the start of the year and i'm wondering if anyone who has done this tour before had there tour affected by the weather i.e. snow and places to visit being shut due to the weather

• 7 Apr 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

I went on the Grand southern in 09 starting 24th Jan and it was fantastic… LA had beautiful warm weather, then it snowed in places… Its kind of a mixed bag… But thats whats cool about doing it at that time, got to go Snowmobilling in Colorado and swimming in Orlando…

• 9 Apr 2011 Talena said

Default_avatar

We did the Southern Adventure and were going to go in January but after talking to travel agent and Contiki they both said some activities wouldn’t be available due to season/weather ie rodeo in Mesquite, Texas just for one example. That was one thing we were really looking forward to and didn’t want to miss so we decided to go in July when it was middle of summer and didn’t have to miss anything. I’m sure you will have a great time whenever you go just depends if you mind not doing a few things.

• 10 Apr 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

If you look at the tour itinerary you’ll see that there may be a few seasonal things that you miss in the winter months, but it’s not many. But in the South snow is rare, but can bring cities to a halt. I would still say that it’s rare to have your tour affected for snow, but it is possible.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion