Community_discussions_small  

Question

Luggage Requirements

29 Jan 2011 Jo-Ann asked

Default_avatar

I'm going on Vietnam Highlights in three weeks and i just got my contiki travel guide and it says that your luggage needs to be no larger than 73cm x 50cm x 25cm. i'm under for the 73 and 50 part but my depth is like 29cm. Does anyone know whether this matters much???

• 30 Jan 2011 Darren87 said

Default_avatar

wouldnt think so i dont see them being picky over 4 cm and it sounds like overall your cubic cms is smaller then they say, i have the same problem under for length and width but height is too big.

• 30 Jan 2011 Jo-Ann said

Default_avatar

okay thanks! :) but if i did decide to bring that suitcase do you think they would allow it?

• 30 Jan 2011 Courtney said

Courtney

I just got back from Nam, you should be fine with a suitcase, dont stress about the measurements just make sure its under 20kg but just remember you have to carry it around, pack as little as possible but make sure you have warm clothes for hanoi beacause its very cold there at the moment.

• 30 Jan 2011 Jo-Ann said

Default_avatar

So Courtnet you just got back from Contiki and there were people on your tour with suitcases that had measurements that were larger?

• 10 May 2011 Matthew Hogg said

Default_avatar

That doesn’t sound like it would be too much of a problem. With the Vietnam tour, your main issue is keeping to the weight restrictions for flights. Both your international and internal – so pack light for some shopping. If you’re in doubt add the Contiki Holidays facebook page and drop them a question – they are only always too happy to help!

• 10 May 2011 Courtney said

Courtney

Yeah I just got back, people had slightly larger suitcases but contiki are just trying to avoid you having strange odd shaper suitcases or huge unecessary luggage, but Matthew is right the main challenge is staying under 20kg, the less you pack the better honestly! Everything you can buy over there for next to nothing. Plus you will be travelling / meeting up with the people doing the big indochina tour when you get there (which is the tour I did) and there luggage u’ll find will be bigger anyways.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion