Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer 30th oct (start sydney)

30 Jan 2011 niallerz asked

niallerz

Hi guys thinking of doing this trip on my own, scary. this will be my first time visiting australia, anyone else going on this tour?

• 31 Jan 2011 Erin said

Default_avatar

Not doing the trip (im Aussie) but Aus is a seriously chilled out place, dont be scared of anything… well… except our complete lack of decent public transport. We’re not really set up for tourists as much as the UK/EU so I assume it could get a bit frustrating. Plan ahead with maps/car hire while you’re not on contiki.

Best tip is if you havent been, then remember the ozone hole… europe summer gets you an amazing tan without the burn. Half an hour in the Aussie sun and you can be bright red for a week! It could really ruin your holiday if you get seriously burnt. DO NOT fall asleep on the beach… people get hospitalised with severe burns from the sun in summer here.

Have an awesome trip!

• 31 Jan 2011 niallerz said

niallerz

thanks very much Erin for the advice, i will make sure i wear loads of sunscreen & not fall asleep on the beach. cheers

• 3 Feb 2011 charlie26 said

charlie26

hey, im doing this trip too but go on the 2nd of oct and starting in Darwin, im doing the trip alone too and really scared lol and my first time to australia, but ive herd contiki are good so im sure we will have an awesome time!have a good one.

• 11 Feb 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

done two oz tours on my own and they r fun and just relax doing a new zealand tour on my own u will be fine i have got famley in oz it is a cool place to be

• 26 Jul 2011 Irenka said

Irenka

Hey, im planning on doing this trip solo!!! not sure what to expect…. im still in the middle of whether i want to do start darwin or sydney and stay a few days after :)
    Irenka

• 26 Jul 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

start in darwin if u want to have a few days after ur tour sydney has more to do and i a better night life ok

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.