Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Horizon 10th August 2011

1 Feb 2011 Hayles89 asked

Hayles89

Hi there :),

Just wondering if anyone is going to Europeans Horizon tour departing london on 10th of August 2011??
Hayles.

• 26 Feb 2011 topsecretau said

topsecretau

lol hellloooooooooooo!

• 26 Feb 2011 Timmy said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking about it, August may be getting a little cool though…..?

• 27 Feb 2011 Hayles89 said

Hayles89

ohh really…i have no idea to be honest i just heard july-august would be the warmest time to go…when are you going timmy?

• 27 Feb 2011 Timmy said

Default_avatar

To be honest, Im not sure yet, I was thinking August sometime, so I might tag along on your tour….Not sure, When you say warmest time to go, Im a big sook and from central QLD….anything below 20 is cold….it wouldnt be that cold would it?

• 28 Feb 2011 Hayles89 said

Hayles89

oh ok then…umm well i havent been there before so not to sure how the weather compares but i am assuming it will be warmer then 20 though in summer ;) well i hope so as i am not a massive fan of the cold either thats why i want to travel somewhere warmer during the aussie winter :)
    i am actually contemplating doing the european discovery in late july or early august since the feedback for horizon tour isnt looking too good.

• 28 Feb 2011 Timmy said

Default_avatar

I’d say there will be heaps of people on it, I reckon it would be like the NZ trip I just went on, there were 4 people who went on the sun and steam tour, but it was all tacked onto the grand explorer, i’d say Europe will be the same, the Horizon will tag along with the grand explorer or something like that……I’d think…..I’ve been known to be wrong before =P

Whats it like in WA….does it get cold?

• 23 Mar 2011 Hayles89 said

Hayles89

that tour isnt getting much of a response soo thinking i will bail on that idea haha i am now thinking of going on the european discovery as it seems to be a much more popular tour. departing on the 6th of august.
    oh and wa gets cold in winter but not during any other season though, weather over all is pretty nice :) min 30’s most of summer which is perfect! i make booking mistakes all the time knowing me i will end up at the wrong airport or something haha…touch wood i dont!

have you booked a tour yet?

• 23 Mar 2011 Timmy said

Default_avatar

no not yet, Im just waiting to find out what happens with jobs….as I’ve just applied and may get a new one so I will have to wait and see.

what did you end up going with, Euro discovery???

WA sounds perfect with those sort of temperatures!!!!

• 27 Mar 2011 Hayles89 said

Hayles89

yeah i booked the european discovery 6th of aug til the 17th of aug but going to stay there for 19 days all up though to make the most of it :)
    yeah WA isnt bad the citys nare too busy though traffic sucks haha but beachs and summer in general are amazing though :)
    what kind of job you looking for? just tell them straight out that you have a holiday already booked when you take the job :)

• 27 Mar 2011 Timmy said

Default_avatar

Im looking at taking a job in the power supply industry, Im not sure what the company in WA would be, but its dealing with power lines etc….the kinda stuff I enjoy doing hahaha….

I might do what you said, Im sure by August I could take some time off. It would be good to get over there and meet a few people….Might have to book the Aug one too!

It sounds good over there, the way you talk about the city makes it sound like you dont live in Perth….?

• 27 Mar 2011 Hayles89 said

Hayles89

aww cool that sounds good :), umm i have lived in perth til about 6 months ago now i moved to a place called mandurah which is only 1hr away from perth (nice estate near the beach etc) to get away from the traffic and that but it has backfired though as mandurah might as well be a city now..its just as busy!!! but i work in perth and all my friends and live in perth so i am there every day though.
    Is there not much work in Qld in the power industry? i would say it would be western power you would be working for in Perth? I hear they pay really well too :)
    do you have facebook?

• 27 Mar 2011 Timmy said

Default_avatar

Yeah im on facebook, the guy your lookin for is Tim Cox, or timoga_cox@hotmail.com

There is a pic of me passing a ball….

Western Power eh? Might be worth looking into! I left Energex which is the power company for the South East corner of QLD a few years ago to try my hand at mining…..Not sure if It was the correct move but we will soon see!

Talk to you on facebook eh!

• 5 Jun 2011 Mike_cammas said

Mike_cammas

Hey guys!! I’m Mike from melbourne. Ill be on this tour cant wait to meet you all. I think the weather will be ok. not going to be high 30s but apart from swiss alps and maybe places like germany we should be fine. Im a Melbourne boy I’m use to the cold lol. Just have to rug up in the alps.

I think your right hayles not much of a response for this tour hope it isn’t a flop.

• 6 Jun 2011 Hayles89 said

Hayles89

Hi Mike! i Actually ended up changing tours as didnt get any reponse for this tour so chose another tour which was more popular as i am worry wart! hope you have a great time on the horizon tour :)
    Cheers.

• 24 Jun 2011 delvene said

delvene

hey hayles you should have waited a few months to see if more ppl joined up! i called contiki about my tuor (1 Sept euro horizon) as it isnt a definite departure yet and contiki said not to worry because its still early!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion