Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer (Reverse) April 20th 2011

2 Feb 2011 jstor asked

jstor

I am seriously considering booking Aussie Explorer starts Darwin for April 20, 2011. However, it is not a definite departure yet. Anybody else out there who has booked this date already or is thinking about it?

• 5 Feb 2011 Chris Mullins said

Chris Mullins

I would expect this tour to become a definate departure, but the tours starting at Sydeny has its next 4 dates made definate so Sydney from Sunday 17th April is an option?
    As for the Darwin ones I would be suprised if they werent made definate. I am doing the Reefs and Rainforests tour starting from Cairns on the 28th of April

• 17 Feb 2011 jstor said

jstor

i am booked!!! Anyone else out there on the reverse for April 20? Still waiting to become definite…

• 17 Feb 2011 jstor said

jstor

also booked sydney explorer at the end of this tour

• 6 Apr 2011 nej_182 said

Default_avatar

G’day, yea confirmed with contiki today the Arpil 20 leaving Darwin is a definite departure now :-)
    Just booked myself in :-) It’s gunna be great guns!
    hooroo conrads

• 6 Apr 2011 jstor said

jstor

Yay! We found another one! See you in Darwin in 2 weeks today! Where are you from??

• 7 Apr 2011 nej_182 said

Default_avatar

I’m from the central coast NSW Australia (bout 1.5 hr drive north of Sydney).
    Thought I’d check out my own backyard before moving to england at the end of the year. I’m 24 and traveling by myself – can’t wait till the tour begins!
    Where are you from jstor?

• 7 Apr 2011 jstor said

jstor

I’m from Toronto, Canada! I’ve been dying to go to Aus for a few years now and I will also be traveling solo! Not looking forward to the 24hr flight though next sunday!

• 8 Apr 2011 PaddyH said

Default_avatar

Hey Nej 182 and Jstor, i’ve just just booked the Aussie Explorer (Reverse) as well. I can’t wait. I’m from Cork in Ireland – been in Western Australia since the start of March though. I’m 26 and going to be traveling solo myself. Let the fun begin :)

• 9 Apr 2011 nej_182 said

Default_avatar

WOW 24 hours is heaps! Hope you land in time to get over the jet lag:)
    I’m staying at the contiki resort on tuesday night (19th) cuz I wasn’t able to get one on the 20th before tour. so i think we have a pre-tour meeting at 530 so will see u all then. I’m really looking forward to it :-D

• 10 Apr 2011 PaddyH said

Default_avatar

Staying in the Contiki Resort on Tuesday night as well – flight dosn’t land until 5.15pm in Darwin though so will have to catch up with ye once i get to the motel.

And 24 hours is quite a lot – although my flight from Ireland was about the same – it was 3 flights but if you add them all up …..

• 10 Apr 2011 MoniqueS said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m going on the same trip. It says that I’m spending Tuesday at the ‘Quality Frontier Darwin’. Is anyone else staying there? I’m from Victoria, Australia by the way :)

• 10 Apr 2011 jstor said

jstor

Yes, I will also be at the hotel Tuesday night as well cuz the tour itself starts Wednesday morning at like, 7:30am or something early like that. So glad we are finding more people on this trip!

• 11 Apr 2011 MoniqueS said

Default_avatar

Me too, when I was picking up the details at the travel agency I just suddenly started to freak out that I had picked the wrong time of the year and there wouldn’t be anyone else there. Especially worrying since this will be my first time alone on a flight.

• 11 Apr 2011 nej_182 said

Default_avatar

Yup the quality frontier is where i’ll be staying too..
    tho my flight gets into darwin at 230.
    the travel agent told me that april is a great time to go cuz its not as hot as summer (40c+) and not the wet season either so should have a great time wit the weather.
    Monique-where will u be flying from?
    BTW my name is Jeni :-D

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.