Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Calling any Egypt tour trip mates!

2 Feb 2011 Mioso21 said

Mioso21

I'm looking to chat with some of my Egypt tour trip mates!
I'm heading to Egypt for the April 29-May7th tour, 2 months away.
Just wanting to meet some of my tour mates, feel free to message me if your going on that specific tour!
Thanks

• 26 Feb 2011 Sarah said

Sarah

Hi, I’m Sarah. I’m going on that tour too – thank goodness everything seems to have settled down over there!

• 26 Feb 2011 Mioso21 said

Mioso21

Hey Sarah, nice to meet you. I know! I was getting a little bit nervous, but now I’m in full blown excited mode! 2 months :)

• 26 Feb 2011 Sarah said

Sarah

Yeah, it was hard not to be nervous – things looked so crazy! But I’m starting to get pretty excited too – I bought a whole bunch of travel stuff yesterday, so things are definitely starting to get more real!

• 6 Mar 2011 Explorer1227613 said

Default_avatar

Hi! So glad to know others are still traveling! My husband and I are booked for the 30th but wanted Contiki to confirm that everything is still a go before we finalize our flights. It’s coming up quickly and I can’t wait. Have you heard anything from Contiki about this tour date? Just want to make sure it won’t get canceled?
    Thanks!
    Kaci

• 15 Mar 2011 Mioso21 said

Mioso21

Unfortunately Contiki has cancelled this specific tour going to Egypt. My trip mate and I were pretty disappointed, but if it’s for our safety, we can’t complain. I was really upset at first, but now I see it’s for the better. If any of you were wondering, my friend and I booked another tour with Contiki, we’re going to Greece now, around the same depature dates that we would have gone on for this Egypt tour. We’ve suffered some financial penalties with our airfare (it wasn’t booked through Contiki), so its an unfortunate blow but we’re looking forward to travelling to Greece.
    Good luck to all of you with making other travel arrangements!

• 30 Mar 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

That’s Disappointing Mioso but your safety does come first.I had the same problems as you but with Insight for a Best of Egypt Tour for June 2011 and ran around everywhere looking for alternatives.I ended up changing the booking over for their Best of Britain Tour which has the same departure dates give or take a few days as originally booked.The tour price came down as did my insurance but I now had to add a night before and after the tour in London and there was a change fee too and I had to pay the difference for the airfares which were booked on their own through Singapore Airlines.At the same time I am getting my once in a lifetime holiday(I had some unused leave from work dating back to 2009 to use up)and I am really now looking forward to visiting Britain Scotland and Wales.
    Strange how Contiki have Canceled your specific Egypt Tour Yet Insight will be recommencing theirs from 1 April 2011.

• 30 Mar 2011 Mioso21 said

Mioso21

Yeah, I was disappointed but it’s for my safety, so I understand. I’m sorry that you had to go through financial loss, I did too and I know it’s not fun. That’s great to hear you’re still going on your once in a lifetime holiday! I’m happy that I’m going to Greece, as I’ve always wanted to go there. I’m glad that even though Egypt was cancelled for now, I was still able to book another tour to Greece, which is amazing. I’ll make it to Egypt one day, but for now, Greece awaits! :)

• 10 Apr 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

mioso….you will love Greece.Tell me how that trip goes once you have done it.I am considering going there end of next year

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion