Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe tour June/July 2012

2 Feb 2011 Steff Bell asked

Steff Bell

I know it's ages away, but I just wanted to see if anyone else is thinking of going on one of the European tours in June/July next year? Possibly the Ultimate European or Contrasts. x x

• 3 Feb 2011 Jules said

Jules

tsk tsk tsk, you’ve picked the wrong year! you should’ve went this year coming, could’ve went on the european escapade with mee! lol

• 3 Feb 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

Hi Stef!
    I am thinking about doing the exact same thing. Are you going by yourself? I have been wanting to talk to anyone else thinking of doing something similar. I was thinking of doing the European Adventurer (37 days) but am also looking at some of the shorter ones too. I don’t want to do the camping ones though.

I am also thinking of working in London after for a few months and seeing some of the 2012 Olympics.

xx

• 3 Feb 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Yeahh Im thinking of going to the Olympics after too! At the moment Im going solo, but I havent asked any of my friends yet if they want to come, and I know some were interested. Yeah Im not looking into the camping ones either, and depending on how much I can save in the time I may go on a longer one. Its cool to know that someone else is in the same position as me :)
    x x

• 4 Feb 2011 Traveller_Dan said

Traveller_Dan

I’m planning to go on a contiki tour at Europe next year. Thinking about doing European adventurer and the olympics.

• 8 Feb 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

Yay cool :) Glad other people are doing something similiar. Let me know what dates you decide and maybe we can organise together if your friends dont end up coming :). Cant wait to get out of NZ!! xx

• 8 Feb 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Yeah I definitely will, It’ll be so good to already know someone before I get there. Haha. I can tell you now that I will be looking at tours that leave after the 23rd June, as that’s when I finish Uni. And yeah same here, can’t wait to get out of Aus!. Haha. x x

• 10 Feb 2011 Amander! said

Amander!

I’m going in summer of 2012 too! I’m thinking European adventurer or European contrasts and will be traveling by myself

• 13 Feb 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

Yay another one! Yeah I like the sound of the contrasts and adventurer too, so hard to decide! Some people have said 37 days might be too long on a contiki but I want to see everything! I do want to spend some more time in the greek Islands though so starting to think about London to Athens plus Greek island Hopping. Zoe x

• 14 Feb 2011 MalteseChick said

Default_avatar

Hi Steff,
    I am exactly like you! Are you from Sydney?
    I plan on going from Sydney to London, going to do the European Escapade and then coming back to London for the 5 day London Explorer and spend some time at the olympics and then go from there to Malta for 3 weeks. And i plan on doing the contiki around the start of July. My whole trip will go from end of June to halfway through August. And im flying solo also!

Im glad there is a forum for people like us who are travelling by ourselves and have the same interests. Hopefully we are all on the same tour! :-)

• 14 Feb 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Ohh so many people! I’m from Brisbane, and yeah I’m looking at adventurer and contrasts aswell. Once the dates of the tours come out for next year ill be looking at the ones that start after the 23rd June as that’s when I graduate from uni. We should definitely keep in contact and plan to go on the same tour :) x

• 3 Mar 2011 Katy said

Default_avatar

Hey , I’m from the Uk and thinking of doing London to Athens plus Greek Islands in 2012, anyone got any ideas when the dates come out? I’ve done an American Contiki last year on my own first trip out of Europe, it was amazing, I completely recommend it! x

• 4 Mar 2011 RowdyNick said

Default_avatar

Hey girls.. Mr. Jules above is right. U all should have chosen to go this year on the escapade, leaving 20th June. Ahh well, might catch u there again next year ;)

• 8 Mar 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Hey Katy,
    No idea when the dates for 2012 come out. I heard somewhere that they come out later this year, like closer to October, but I could be wrong.
    Steff.

• 8 Mar 2011 Lauza_kate22 said

Lauza_kate22

Hi Steff!!
    I am also looking at going on the european contrasts tour in june or july in 2012. I am supposed to be going with a friend but she doesnt know whether she will have the money saved by then so i am most likely flying solo too :)

Steff Bell

Oh awesome! Yeah Ive got a few friends who are interested, so Im hoping theyre saving hard. hahah. It’ll be so good to know people in the group before getting there. x

• 8 Mar 2011 Lauza_kate22 said

Lauza_kate22

Yeah it defo will be good to meet people before we go :) well hope to see you in 2012 :)

Steff Bell

When the dates for the tours come out, Ill be looking at the ones that start at the end of June.

• 8 Mar 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

Yay so many people!! Wish it was happening sooner!

Steff Bell

Ahh I reckon! Itll be pretty awesome if some of us end up on the same tour! :)

• 8 Mar 2011 MalteseChick said

Default_avatar

Ive heard that the 2012 dates come out around June, so you can grab the 12 month ‘early bird’ discount.
    I say keep your eyes peeled for it. Who knows, we might all meet up in London together!
    Are any of you planning on staying in London for the Olympics? I plan on staying for about a week after my contiki.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.