Community_discussions_small  

Question

Croatia Cruise June 25th-July 2nd. Who's going?

4 Feb 2011 Sherry D asked

Default_avatar

Hey! My name is Sherry from Ontario and I am on the Croatia Cruise from June 25th-July 2nd, 2011. If you are going on the cruise, let me know! I'd like to hear from you!

• 7 Feb 2011 Kate said

Kate

Hi Sherry. I’m from Alberta. I am on the Croatia Cruise but not till July 14 – 23.

• 2 Mar 2011 Aussie Lou Lou said

Default_avatar

hi im going on this cruise with my bf, my name is Louise im from Perth (australia) cant wait!!!!. ps. it starts on the 25th :P

• 2 Mar 2011 Sherry D said

Default_avatar

Ah Well thank you for the clarification! My travel agent said that day. but maybe thats the days I should arrive just to be sure I make it on the boat on the 25th!! Are you guys arriving early in Split? Im thinking of going a couple days early so I don’t miss anything!

• 3 Mar 2011 Aussie Lou Lou said

Default_avatar

hey Sherry,
    Yeah i think the boat leaves about midday on the 25th. We aren’t really arriving early, we are coming from another tour eastern trekker (starts in athens n ends in Split – worked out cheaper than flying!!) and that ends on the morning contiki starts, so will be in Split the night before tour starts, no idea where though! Going early is a good idea, I’m hoping my other tour doesn’t get delayed. Can’t wait to sail around the islands, it looks Amazing!! Are you going anywhere else in europe? travelling on your own?

• 11 Apr 2011 Explorer1242030 said

Default_avatar

Hey Sherry, myself and 2 other friends will be joining all of you on the boat cruise :) We are from Melbourne, Australia. Can’t wait to see you all

• 11 Apr 2011 Sherry D said

Default_avatar

Hey! Thanks for the response! Are you guys going early? I have booked my flights this weekend I am arriving in Croation on the 22nd so that I don’t miss the boat!

Louise. Sorry for the delay. I am traveling before the cruise. I am traveling to Munich and Vienna before :) I am getting really excited for the trip. :)

• 12 Apr 2011 Explorer1242030 said

Default_avatar

We will be in Croatia from around the 1st of June, but will be in Split a few days before the cruise I would imagine. :)

• 10 May 2011 Explorer1250380 said

Default_avatar

I will be on this trip as well. I’ll be coming from NY! Wow so many Australians. Should be fun!!! Can’t wait!!!

• 11 May 2011 Sherry D said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the post! Are you going early?

• 11 May 2011 Explorer1250380 said

Default_avatar

Okay I just got some sad news. I was on the waitlist, and they took my deposit yesterday, but I got a call today telling me it was full :(

• 12 May 2011 Esmay W said

Default_avatar

Hi guys! I’m Esmay from the Netherlands (although currently I live in the Czech Republic, long story…) and I’ll be on the cruise on June 25th as well! Soo excited! Sorry Explorer1250380, I booked yesterday so I probably took your last spot.
    I’m travelling alone, and booked a shared below deck cabin, so maybe one of you is my cabin mate?
    Soo happy I found this forum! Great to already know a few people we’re gonna be stuck on a boat with for a week, ;-).

• 12 May 2011 Sherry D said

Default_avatar

Hey Esmay! Im traveling alone too don’t worry!! my travel agent said that alot of people travel alone but it seems people on this forum are going with groups or others. Either way will be fun! I am super stoked too!
    Are you going early.

Explorer1250380 – that sucks that you didnt make it on.. maybe someone will cancel last minute and you can make it ok. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

• 12 May 2011 Esmay W said

Default_avatar

Hey Sherry!
    Yeah, I travelled alone more often (Egypt, Morocco) so I know the drill. And it’s always been fun so far, so I’m super excited!

I don’t know yet whether I’m coming early. My internship in the CR ends on June 17, so I have about a week to get from Brno to Split. I’m thinking of using this week to go to Budapest and Zagreb. Not staying in Budapest too long, already seen it before. From Zagreb I wanna go see the Plitvice Lakes. So don’t know yet when exactly I’ll be in Split. Could be a day early, could be a few…We’ll have to stay in touch! It’d be nice to meet up before the start of the tour!

• 13 May 2011 Aussie Lou Lou said

Default_avatar

yay more people :) not long to go now…. yipppppeeeee!

• 13 May 2011 Aussie Lou Lou said

Default_avatar

ps. Explorer1250380 did u end up getting on? the tour is only almost full according to the website.

• 9 Jun 2011 Esmay W said

Default_avatar

Okay, so my travel plans are getting a little more solid now. Turns out, I’m gonna be in Split pretty early.
    I’m leaving the Czech Republic to go to Berlin June 17 and will fly from Berlin to Split on June 21.
    So meeting up before the tour should definately not be a problem.

Thinking of going to Brac for a few days to kill some time, but there’s not really hostels there, so it might turn out a little pricey :-(. I also want to check out Krka NP en Plitvice NP. Considering I’ve got 5 days to kill, all those shouldn’t be a problem I think.

• 9 Jun 2011 Explorer1250380 said

Default_avatar

Unfortunately I never got on :( There is only 1 spot open, and I can’t do that to my friend. I’m looking at this same trip but on another day. Aussie Lou Lou send me pics of your trip so I can see what to look forward to My email is Mazi@cox.net Sherry you can un-cross your fingers now haha. Can’t wait to see the pics!!!

• 11 Jun 2011 Revs1 said

Default_avatar

Hey everybody, there are two of us going on this tour. We are arriving one night early and staying at the same Hotel on Thursday night that the tour has us staying at on the Friday night. Anybody else doing that? We are trying to find something to do that first night since we are on our own with no tour to show us around. If you want to E-mail me BradfordBoisvert@aol.com since I check that much more often feel free. Can’t wait to start this trip!

• 13 Jun 2011 Sherry D said

Default_avatar

Hey! I am staying at the beach hostel down the road but am arrive two days early. i plan to chill at the beach a couple days before hand :) But if you want we can meet up on the thursday night too :)

• 14 Jun 2011 Revs1 said

Default_avatar

Yea that sounds good, anybody else getting there early? I’m Brad and live in Hartford, CT and my buddy Mike is coming as well. How far is the hostel from the hotel? We thought about doing a hostel but Mike was a little worried about doing one since he never has before so I figured for one night we’ll pay the extra money and stay at the hotel.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion