Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best Of USA Noveber 25 2011

5 Feb 2011 Ashlie asked

Ashlie

Hey everyone
Is anyone else considering this tour??
I'm planning on booking in at the end of this month and will be travelling solo from South Australia.

• 7 Feb 2011 Ali & Ben said

Ali & Ben

Hi Ashlie i want to do this tour and that is the date i have selected. But i havnt booked. I may be doing it solo but maybe have another friend doing. So yes im in i cant wait. I did a contiki last year to europe it was amazing and so much fun thats why i want to go with again. Im from NSW.

• 7 Feb 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Im booking my tour tomorrow. I booked my flights today. I’m so excited, you defiently should book it.

Ali & Ben

Thats a bit exciting yeah just have to see whats happening. But will book it soon. Who you flying with? Are you having extra nights before and after the tour…

• 7 Feb 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

I chose this tour date so i would have enough time to save. I’m flying with V Australia arrive in LA at 7.45am on November 24th so im having an extra night in LA and an extra night in New York hopefully other people will stay longer so theres people to hang out with after the tour.

Ali & Ben

Yeah thats why i am choosing that date so i have lots of time to save. And it will be cooler. Well im staying 3 days before in LA and then 3 days after in New York just incase i missed something, Now the saving begins.

• 7 Feb 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

i wish i could afford to do that! At least i know someone will be there when i get there! I want to go on a tour on the first day im there! How much spending money are you planning on taking?

Ali & Ben

Well thats my plan hopefully i can save enough. Not sure about spending how much i can save i was hoping about $3000…! but not sure. Did u get your flights for a good price?

• 7 Feb 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

im not really sure if i got them for a good price or not since this will be my first time overseas but i paid $2295 for flights with V Australia.Singapore and Qantas were like $3000. Im trying to save 4000 grand spending money but im not really sure since this is my first ever Contiki. When you were in Europe was the shared accomodation ok?

• 8 Feb 2011 Ali & Ben said

Ali & Ben

Yeah thats the hard part trying to save the spendingmoney. Yeah i went with my friend so i was always with her and you meet so many people so we ended up sharing rooms with a few other girls and we became really close by the end. Most of is it shared rooms for 4 people sometimes even more. You will have so much fun.

• 9 Feb 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

I cant wait!! I booked my tour today and organised my travel insurance.

• 20 Feb 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Awesome way to celebrate finishing your exams. I think im only staying an extra night in New York but i will be in New York for 2 extra days. Where abouts are you travelling from?

Ashlie

Who are you flying with? I’m flying with V Australia on November 24th leaving melbourne at 12.15pm and arriving in LA at 7.45am

Ashlie

If i could i would have stayed longer but its hard to get time off work and i would have to be very strict with saving. How much spending money are you looking at taking?

Ashlie

Yeah i am.. what about you?

Ashlie

Thats great, at least i know i wont be the only one there early. I’m hoping to do something on the day i arrive but im not sure how long it will take me to get through customs and to the hotel.

• 6 Mar 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Anyone else booked on this tour?

• 9 Mar 2011 BrettFromTas said

Default_avatar

I am looking at booking this trip also. I plan to fly in 4 days prior and catch a bus down to San Diego to stay 3 nights and goto Sea World, Zoo and maybe day trip top Tijuana. Then I will come back to L.A the night befor tour.

• 10 Mar 2011 BrettFromTas said

Default_avatar

Ok so I just booked look out USA, can’t wait

• 12 Mar 2011 BrettFromTas said

Default_avatar

Tried to Add this trip to my trips but I don’t have a confirmation #. I booked this through flight centre do I have to call them to get this or do Contiki send me an email with confirmation ? Fly out November 21st with Qantas anyone else leaving this early

• 12 Mar 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

You need to contact Flight Centre and ask for the booking confirmation number. I’m not leaving till November 24th.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.