Community_discussions_small  

Comment

SPAM EMAIL

7 Feb 2011 AbeL said

AbeL

I keep receiving SPAM EMAIL into my contiki account mailbox. Wth is up with that? Is there anyway to delete these messages from my mailbox? I have looked and cannot see that option. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated; thanks.

• 7 Feb 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I am having the same problem!

• 8 Feb 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

me 3, dont want a wife that badly, lol

• 8 Feb 2011 Kiwi_chk said

Default_avatar

Yeah I’m getting quite a lot of spam emails too.

• 8 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Ditto

• 8 Feb 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hey guys, I’ve got our developers looking in to this – even I’m not immune to being asked if I want a wife! ;)
    Out of interest, how many are you getting? 1, 2, several?
    ~Beks

• 8 Feb 2011 AbeL said

AbeL

Hi Beks.. thanks for the response.. I got one JAN 30 and then one each day (Feb 5, 6 and 7).. But this is how it begins and before you know you are flooded with SPAM and wife requests… LOL

• 8 Feb 2011 Beks said

Beks

Maybe I should hold out for the husband requests then? ;)
    Thanks for the update – sorry these are getting through! ~B

• 8 Feb 2011 ChrisSoll48 said

Default_avatar

I also am getting spam. Jan 30, Feb 5, Feb6 and Feb 7. I think it has something to do with the new layout. It is easier for spam programs to spider for usernames and send messages.

• 8 Feb 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

hi beks, i had one the 5th and one on the 6th. they seem to have stopped though, not sure how i feel about that now lol

• 9 Feb 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I have got 4 of them

• 9 Feb 2011 Kiwi_chk said

Default_avatar

Same as the others, I got 4. One each on the 30th, 5th, 6th and 7th.

• 9 Feb 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

I have about 4 or 5.

• 10 Feb 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

Beks, I have 2.
    Another issue is that there is no way to delete the messages, can we get that option added?

• 10 Feb 2011 Beks said

Beks

Deleting messages is on the cards too :)

• 13 Feb 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

I got this email today in my Contiki inbox

Hey Beks, how many Contiki tours can I get for this much money??? That Mr Felix is soooo generous….

Good day
    Please Do accept my sincere apologies if my mail does not meet your personal ethic. By introduction, I am Mr.felix a Fund Manager with SOCIETE GENERALE DE BANQUES EN -RCI (sgbci) and I handle all our Investor’s capital Project Funds which enables me to divert 1.2 Percent Investors Excess Return Capital Funds to our Magellan Trust Funds Account I would love to build up a solid foundation with you in time coming if you can be able to help me in this business proposal. Listen, the total sum of £9.7 Million GBP Pounds (Nine million seven hundred thousand GBP Pounds) I Hoped that you will not betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I need your urgent help assistance in transferring this above mentioned sum into your bank account or you come here in this bank for cash paying into your hands.I don’t want the money to go into our Bank treasury as an abandoned fund. Since our bank could not locate any of his nearest person to inherit this money. So this is the reason why I contacted you, so that with me giving you all his information we can release the money to you as the nearest person to the deceased customer. Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete if you are not interested. Upon receipt of your reply, I will send you full detail on how the business will be executed.
    E-mail me for more details (felixrobert15@gmail.com)
    Yours sincerely,
    Mr.felix

• 13 Feb 2011 Beks said

Beks

He could take us all on a tour for that! Could you do me a favour and PM me the username?

On a serious note, everyone knows NOT to fall for these scams, right? (whether here or anywhere else). It’s just a ruse to get your money.

~Beks

• 13 Feb 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

here ya go beks, here are the 3 dodgy user names and dates.

1. Good day Explorer1232994 12 Feb 2011 2. Hello dearest adera4u 6 Feb 2011 3. hello Explorer1231673 5 Feb 2011
  • 13 Feb 2011 AbeL said

AbeL

Here’s one that i just got as well.. I guess Mr. Felix is making his rounds!:

Good day

* Explorer1232994 12 Feb 2011 Good day Please Do accept my sincere apologies if my mail does not meet your personal ethic. By introduction, I am Mr.felix a Fund Manager with SOCIETE GENERALE DE BANQUES EN -RCI (sgbci) and I handle all our Investor’s capital Project Funds which enables me to divert 1.2 Percent Investors Excess Return Capital Funds to our Magellan Trust Funds Account I would love to build up a solid foundation with you in time coming if you can be able to help me in this business proposal. Listen, the total sum of £9.7 Million GBP Pounds (Nine million seven hundred thousand GBP Pounds) I Hoped that you will not betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I need your urgent help assistance in transferring this above mentioned sum into your bank account or you come here in this bank for cash paying into your hands.I don’t want the money to go into our Bank treasury as an abandoned fund. Since our bank could not locate any of his nearest person to inherit this money. So this is the reason why I contacted you, so that with me giving you all his information we can release the money to you as the nearest person to the deceased customer. Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete if you are not interested. Upon receipt of your reply, I will send you full detail on how the business will be executed. E-mail me for more details (felixrobert15@gmail.com) Yours sincerely, Mr.felix
  • 14 Feb 2011 Beks said

Beks

Thanks folks :)

• 15 Feb 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I got another spam mail today from the user name maureen willson

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.