Community_discussions_small  

Question

August vs. November?

14 Apr 2010 C_Jade asked

Default_avatar
Hi All,

I am planning on doing a European tour this year. My job in events means that I can't just go whenever I want, but need to fit in around the key dates of the events for the company.

This means that I can go the end of August - September or end of October - November. I would prefer the August option, but I have a major event in October which means that I will be short on time when returning home.

Will the October - November tour be fine for me? I am from the Gold Coast, Australia, and while I prefer winter to summer, will November be too cold for me?

Would love to hear from some people who have travlled through Europe in November.

Thanks.
  • 15 Apr 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I’m doing October/November tours and I’ve been told by some friends who have lived in England that it’s not too cold at that time of year as it’s still coming into winter however I’m sure regardless of when you go you’re going to notice the difference between Aussie hot (especially QLD hot) and Europe/UK hot…..:P

• 16 Apr 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

With October/November the weather can be a bit hit and miss. But it’s unlikely to be really cold, just cold. You’ll need a jacket, but not long johns. You’ll probably also find the tour and airfare is cheaper, and the sites are less crowded.

• 17 Apr 2010 Anasatasia said

Default_avatar

October / November is actually a fantastic time to be in Europe. The mediterranean countries are still warm (about Brisbane’s autumn) and the crowds have gone home. July/August are also the months that the Europeans go on holidays so the crowds are shocking during this time. The later trips will also be cheaper and the food is better (autumn foods are all in season and the restaurants outdo themselves).

This year I’m going in December / January and even then as long as you have layers on you’re fine.

Don’t forget a sleeping bag though!

Stacey Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion