Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of Europe Tour (starting Paris) 14 Aug

9 Feb 2011 Erin25 asked

Erin25

Is anyone doing the Best of Europe Tour starting on 14 August 2011?

• 29 Mar 2011 Tass said

Tass

Hey I’m on this tour as well! I’m 24 from Melbourne.
    Counting down the days..

• 26 Apr 2011 Erin25 said

Erin25

Hey Tass,

Excellent, only four months to go now!

I’m 25 and live in Brisbane.

• 26 Apr 2011 Tania from Canada said

Default_avatar

Hey
    I am 26 from Canada, not sure which package to pick yet. I’m traveling alone. Are you going to pick the superior package? Does anyone know the accommodations at the contiki village?

• 26 Apr 2011 Tass said

Tass

Hi Tania,

I’m banking on there being a few solo travellers as I’m one too! I chose this tour which is from the Timeout range: http://contiki.com.au/tours/225-best-of-europe-start-paris

I haven’t travelled with Contiki before, so don’t know many details, but this should be all roughly 3-3.5 star hotels rather than hostels for the slightly higher price. With accommodation for this tour, all I know is the first hotel in Paris is the Novotel Est, which I’m checking into a night before the tour starts. Looks nice on the website at least.

When it comes to picking a tour just list the places you want to see and find tours that match in the right budget. This is one of the few shorter ones that featured Berlin, so for me it was a done deal!

• 26 Apr 2011 Ray63 said

Ray63

Hey,

I think i will be on this tour as well. I’m 26 and from NYC. Talked to a few people who went last year and everyone seemed to have a great time. Only complaint I heard was that it could get quite hot. Being it’s August in Europe I’m not sure this is much of a surprise…

• 13 May 2011 Jazoir said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!

I am 24 from Brisbane and will be on this tour solo too. Already sound like we will have an amazing time!!

• 20 May 2011 Tass said

Tass

Hey is anybody keen on skydiving in Rome???
    I’ve been looking into this for a while and this is the closest company to the city centre.
    http://www.romaskydive.com/
    Spoke to them and they need a minimum of 8 jumpers to operate during the week since we’re not in Rome for a weekend. I figured its the best way to see the area…by jumping out of a plane!

• 21 May 2011 Ray63 said

Ray63

I’m definitely down for skydiving.

• 27 May 2011 Erin25 said

Erin25

I’m very keen to go to the Moulin Rouge while in Paris, is anyone else keen to do that?

• 4 Jun 2011 Tass said

Tass

Yeah I’ll be doing Moulin Rouge as well, I’ve heard some pretty great things about the shows.
    Fancy taking the scenic aerial route over Rome Erin??

• 5 Jul 2011 FritzQ said

FritzQ

Hi guys!

I’m 28 from Canberra. Awesome to know there are a lot of people on this trip already. Looking forward to meeting you guys soon. Unfortunately, I’ll be arriving in Paris at 1810 on the 14th of August, so hopefully I could catch up with you guys and not miss out on so much. See you guys soon!!!

• 8 Jul 2011 Tass said

Tass

I called Contiki and apparently the tour starts on the 14th at ~6pm anyway.
    Is anybody going to be there from the night before? I’ve booked at the Paris hotel (Novotel Paris Est) from the 13th Aug.
    …if anybody is there early, you’re cordially invited to my birthday drinks that night at the hotel bar :)

• 10 Jul 2011 FritzQ said

FritzQ

Great, thanks for the info! Guess I wont be missing out on much then eh. Anyway, enjoy your birthday drinks on the 13th Tass, but if you’re up for it, I’m sure we could all celebrate again when we’re all present. It wouldn’t hurt to celebrate twice now would it? See you all soon :)

• 19 Jul 2011 FritzQ said

FritzQ

Hi James,
    If you haven’t received the itinerary yet, the hotel is – Novotel Hotel Paris Est (Porte de Bagnolet). I believe Tass is going to be there already before the tour starts. You’re from NZ? Awesome! I’m actually going to Auckland from the 4th – 7th of August to visit some friends from AUT. See you soon!
    Fritz

• 22 Jul 2011 Matt St said

Matt St

Hey everyone I will be on this trip starting in Amsterdam on August 16th. I will be in Paris from August 10-14 and Brussels on the 15th, Let me know if you’d like to meet up prior to the tour.
    Matt

• 29 Jul 2011 Explorer1266619 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!
    I am also on this tour! 22 years old, living in Venice, from South Africa. I am staying at Novotel on the 13th….so, yes I’ll be there for the birthday drinks! Also keen for the Moulin Rouge.
    See you all soon!

• 8 Aug 2011 Cory said

Cory

Hey guys,
    I just booked this tour a couple days ago and can’t wait to go! Looking forward to meeting everyone in less than a week!

See you soon

• 8 Aug 2011 Shal said

Default_avatar

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking forward to this tour! I’m 27 years old from Perth and doing this solo, I’m coming in a day early so I might be there for drinks on the 13th.

Should be a blast!

Ben

• 8 Aug 2011 Francesca29 said

Francesca29

hey everyone- i’m on this tour- can’t wait!! anyone leaving from JFK NY on the 13th?? i’m 28, solo traveler and will be there early sunday morning. (I’ve done one other tour a few yrs ago, any questions about basics i’m glad to help.
    can’t wait to meet everyone!!

Francesca =)

• 9 Aug 2011 Explorer1274032 said

Default_avatar

Hello all! I’m also on this tour! We are so close to departure…I can’t wait! I am 21 from Pennsylvania. Looking forward to meeting all of you in a few days!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.