Community_discussions_small  

Question

Cameras and other valuables

9 Feb 2011 Jo-Ann asked

Default_avatar

I'm going to be in Ho Chi Minh City for about 2 days before starting my Vietnam Highlights tour. Ive heard that people sometimes drive by on motorcycles and snatch your belongings. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how safe it is to walk around HCMC with a camera. Its just a compact camera but i really like it and dont want it stolen when my trip has barely begun.

Thanks!!!

• 23 Mar 2011 Explorer1240259 said

Default_avatar

If it is just a camera, then i don’t think you should face any problem.
    http://gripperclippers.org/

• 21 Apr 2011 Explorer1246234 said

Default_avatar

Yeah! there is no need to get worried about it.
    http://www.healthproductreviewers.com/beri-ultimate-review.html

• 26 Apr 2011 princess said

princess

Found it pretty cruisy. The only place we really had any trouble was the night markets in hanoi, saigon was pretty safe. I just kept my wallet in a zip down pocket on the front of my cargos and if i was carrying a bag i’d keep it swung round front and a hand on it. usual thing for any city. Our crew had a few people with decent slr setups and they got through fine.

The main one is any night markets or if you’re going out drinking, just take the basics (even just a wad of cash in a zippered pocket), this is mostly for netrang beach and the hanoi night markets. Your guide will always give you a heads up on areas where you need to be a bit more alert, most of viet. was fine though.

• 30 Jul 2012 sannasan said

sannasan

If ur camera is a compact 1 it shouldnt be a problem, uless u are carrying DSLR pro , if not they wont target you. Anyway, becareful of ur belonging , walk in a group rather then alone. I been there and witness a snatch case luckily they failed to snatch my friend’s camera. Overall ho chi minh still a place that woth to travel. Besides, u can try to get some dresses made in silk ( pure silk) . Do bargain at the market , 50% off minimun . Wish u happy n safe trip .

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.