Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Panorama

9 Feb 2011 Roxychikjen asked

Roxychikjen

Hey guys, thinking of doing a European Panorama tour, just wondering where I could find a trip review or journal? The only ones I can find are 2005. :)

• 9 Feb 2011 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller

I haven’t written a review or journal but I have been on this tour. I went on the European Panorama in May 2009. It was my first trip to Europe and it was a great way to see it for the first time. I will try and write what I can remember.

Day 1-2 London to Paris – When we arrived to Paris on the first day it was raining but we still got to see the city at night… very pretty. The next day we got to go and explore the city for ourselves. I walked up the Eifel Tower… yes walked. Unless you are fit I would recommend speding the extra oney and the extra time and take the lift. That night I did the Moulin Rouge optional. It was an amazing show but I was so tired still from my flight from Aus.

Day 3 Paris to Bordeaux – We got to stop off at the Chaeau Chambord which was a good oppurtunity to take some photos and eat some lunch as today was a travelling day. That night we were able to explore this beautuful wine region

Day 4 Bordeaux to Barcelona – This was another travelling day but we got to stop off at Carcassonne which is a medieval looking place. You can get some funny photos here!

Day 5 – Barcelona – That morning we went for a drive around the city and then we had free time for the day. Wander around the markets and get some beautiful fresh fruit, walk down the main road and see what crazy animals they are selling. I would also recommend eating some authentic spansih food for lunch! That night I went on Flamenco Show Optional… I highly recommend that optional

Day 6 – Barcelona to French Rivera – Another travel day

Day 7 – French Riviera – Enjoy the beautiful town of Nice. There is luxury boats to look at, markets to walk through and my favourite… beaches to lie on. Pay the extra money and go into a private area. That way you have a sun lounge to lay on, an umbrella and a bar in close proximity. That night we went to the tiny country of Monaco. We got to have dinner there and then into the Monte Carlo. I’m not a big gambler so I got bored pretty quickly and the drink prices were pretty high. Would be great if you were intrested in trying your luck on the pokies.

Day 8 – French Rivera to Florenece – Got to stop off at a French Perfumery with a chance to buy some French perfume. Also stopped off at the Leaning Tower of Pisa…. very busy and touristy but you have to get a cheesey photo.

Day 9 – Florence – A day full of wandering the streets of Florence. Look at all the famous statues located in Florence

Day 10 – Florence to Rome – Travel day. When we got to Rome we had free time in the city. That particular day it was the day of the European Cup¿ (Football) so the atmosphere was crazy but so good! Take in the sights and and enjoy an authentic meal. Rome had a feature hotel which was really nice but a far bit out of town.

Day 11 – Rome – Today you get a chance to visit and tour the Vatican. Amazing even if you are not religious. Next we went to vist the Colosseum . There was an optional tour but I got lost and missed it. The colosseum was definately a must see inside.

Day 12 – Rome to Corfu – Stopped off at Pomeii which was very interesting… especially the stories. We then boarded the overnight ferry. Ferry was very basic and alot of people were smoking inside

Day 13 – 15 – Corfu- My favourite place. Corfu was so nice for the simple reason that it was relaxing! We went into town for a bit one day to do some shopping. Another day we went on Georges Boat. Go on Georges Boat!!! He is hilarious and you will have a great time. You should also try the water sports. The rest of the time we spent by the pool at the hotel sipping a cocktail that the bartender would make for you just on a flavour (fruity, creamy ect)

to be continued…………

Perth Traveller

Day 16 – Corfu to Italy. This was the longest travelling day as we were on the ferry all day and night. This ferry was alot bigger and had alot more to do

Day 17 – Arrive in Venice – Today we made our way to Venice via Verona… the home of Romeo and Juliet

Day 18 – Venice – Today we went to watch a glass blowing deministration and then a free day to explore for yourselves. I recommend takking a gondola ride on the canels. That night we had an optional dinner… I have never seen that much pasta before!

Day 19 – Venice to Vienna – Picturesque travel day

Day 20 – Vienna – Today we went to a snapps museum and tasting… very good and I even bought some schnapps to bring home!

Day 21 – Vienna to Munich – We stopped off at the Mauthausen concentration camp. It was a very sad place but such an important part of history. Tonight we visited a beer hall were there was beer and pork knukles galore!

Day 22 – Munich to Austrian Tyrol – Travel day. That afternoon I went paragliding. So much fun!

Day 23 – Austrian Tyrol to Swiss Alps – Today we travelled through the tiny country of Liechtenstein.

Day 24 – Swiss Alps – We had an optional to go up the mountain today but the cog rail was broken so only got to go half way up. We then went on a cruise on the lake/river/water of some sort. Again there was time to wander around Lucerne.

Day 25 – Swiss Alps to Rhine Valley – Travel day. When we arrived in the Rhine Valley, we got to visit a beer stein shop and a cookoo clock shop. I then did the wine tasting optional.. there as a selection of sweet white wines incuding ice wine.

Day 26 – Rhine Valley to Amersterdam – today we made our way to Amsterdam via a clog maker and cheese makers house. Get a photo in the giant clog! I think today we also went on a bike tour of the windmills in Edam. Tonight be prepared for an interesting night

Day 27 – Amsterdam – check out everything Amsterdam has to offer. I recommend visiting Anne Frank’s house. Tonight we had a canel boat ride before having our farwell dinner.

Day 28 – Amsterdam to London – Last day of tour had us drive to London via Belgium

All in all I loved this tour and would highly recommend it if you are looking to see a fair bit of Europe without taking too long. Most stops were 2 nights long providing you with a day to look around at your pace.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

• 9 Feb 2011 Roxychikjen said

Roxychikjen

Thanks so much!! Ill have a read! would you recommend getting to london a few days beforehand to rest up before the tour?

Perth Traveller

I sent extra days at the end of my tour but before would also be a good idea. I was still a bit jetlagged when we were in Paris. Either way, you should definately spend some extra days in London. There is so much to see and do in London and pretty easy to get around by yourself.

• 24 May 2012 MattFoertsch said

MattFoertsch

Hi, I’m going on this tour in a month and was wondering how the hotels were that you stay at? I have our hotel list and have been looking at reviews online and am a little worried because a lot of them have horrible reviews! Dirty, smelly, bugs, in bad areas, etc.. Do you remember having many bad experiences with your rooms/hotels?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion