Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern October 2011

11 Feb 2011 MattRoberts88 asked

Default_avatar

Hey, was just curious if there is anyone looking at doing this tour in October (starting LA). Will be a solo traveller whos never been overseas. Im also looking at the possibility of doing the LA explorer beforehand.

Any reviews of these tours, advice or feedback would be great. Thanks in advance :)

• 11 Feb 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

Im doing the Grand Southern early October but am doing it in reverse mainly so I can add a few extra days in Vegas at the end which should be awesome.

• 12 Feb 2011 MattRoberts88 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the reply Tyson. Thats actually a really good idea, would be heaps of fun for sure!! Im still looking into all the options atm, nothing booked in as yet. What dates you going?

• 12 Feb 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

NY explorer 3-7 October,Grand Southern 7oct-1 Nov and then spending 4 extra days in Vegas after the tour finishes.2 days in Vegas isnt enough imo.

• 13 Feb 2011 Jazzie-Faye said

Jazzie-Faye

Hey Matt, yea im looking into doing the Grand southern start L.A in 6th october on my own.. Have never travelled so far over seas before as well, im from Aus, will be flying out from sydney doing the hawaii stopover though before spending 3 days on my own in L.A. Have no idea what I am going 2 do?? everytime i get on here…i get all excited & want to go everywhere!! what dates are you going?? and have you been able to find out any info!!
    Jasmine

• 13 Feb 2011 Tilly said

Default_avatar

Hey! Me and my friend have booked the Grand Southern tour leaving New York on the 7th October. Also have the same plan to spend extra days in Vegas at the end. Very excited for it!

• 14 Feb 2011 MattRoberts88 said

Default_avatar

Hey Jasmine, at this stage im looking into doing the tour around the end of October, most likely the 20th or the tour that starts just after that one, with either the LA explorer or NY explorer before/after. Even if i cant do these tours ill be looking at definatly getting there earlier and staying after to explore the cities myself.

And im the same myself, keep looking into all the possible options, then getting over excited before realising that i must have a budget with some spending money!! And im also from Sydney :)

• 15 Feb 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

Hey Tilly,Where abouts are you from?And have u booked ur flights as well? I paid for mine around expo time and got a good price.I have been looking into accommodation for Vegas there is so many options I dont no where to look lol

• 15 Feb 2011 Tilly said

Default_avatar

I’m from Perth where are you from? Haven’t booked flights yet still haven’t completely worked out what we are doing cause I’m meeting my friend in Europe then heading to New York, hopefully get all that sorted soon. Yes there is definatly a lot of options in Vegas I’ve been looking them up and keep changing my mind all the time haha. Are you traveling anywhere else or just America?

• 15 Feb 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

Im from Melbourne,I am just travelling to America on this trip.Are you going to do the NY Explorer beforehand?What accomodation has caught your eye?Caesars looks pretty amazing but its abit expensive.Planet hollywood towers looks pretty good.Check it out.

• 17 Feb 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hey I’m doing the Grand Southern leaving LA on 20Oct. Not sure if I’m doing the LA Explorer beforehand yet because I want to go to San Fran for a few days too :)

• 18 Feb 2011 Tilly said

Default_avatar

No we’re just doing New York on our own maybe go up to Boston and other places around there. I like the look of the Hard Rock and the Stratosphere hotel and i agree the Planet Hollywood towers look pretty cool also, its a hard decision! haha! And yeh Caesars would definitely be an ultimate place to stay!

• 18 Feb 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

The problem with Hard Rock its way off the strip.Im also going to San Fran to start the trip cant wait to see Alcatraz.Who did you book the Contiki tour through?And do you have fb?

• 18 Feb 2011 JediKnight said

JediKnight

You should do the reverse (NY-LA) because it will be almost winter when you arrive in NY and will be freeezzzzing. If you do the reverse you start in mild weather and move south (which gets warmer) and end in sunny LA.

• 21 Feb 2011 Tilly said

Default_avatar

Yeh that is a downside i just like the look of it haha. I’m going to San Francisco too just at the end of the tour. I booked the tour through Student Flights, I did a Contiki to Europe 2 years ago and booked through them they’re pretty good. Yeh I do have Facebook it’s http://www.facebook.com/matilda.olson

• 21 Feb 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

So your going to San Fran after a few extra days in Vegas?7 months left I can’t wait

• 21 Feb 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

Couldn’t find you on fb.add me rfc4eva@hotmail.com

• 21 Feb 2011 Tilly said

Default_avatar

I added you. Yeh probably spending like 5 days in San Fran then heading to LA for a week after that then my friend heads home and i dont know what im doing then! I’ve got US citizenship so i want to stay there as long as I can. Yes! 7 months hopefully the time goes quickly!!

• 21 Feb 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

Wow ur going to be there for ages,wish I could stay that long.hope ur saving hard lol

• 28 Feb 2011 Tyson said

Default_avatar

Tour is now a definite departure!

• 2 Mar 2011 owenn said

owenn

looking into booking this too, will be travelling solo!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.