Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wondering on spending money

11 Feb 2011 Sam-I-Am asked

Sam-I-Am

How much money would you recommend for the Simply Italy trip? Spending money and money for the optional activities as well? I am trying to figure out how much money I should save up between now and my departure June 4.

Thanks!!!

• 12 Feb 2011 lady_o said

lady_o

went on Road to Athens (17 days) a few years ago and saved $2000 to have available so i would have enough for optional excursions, shopping and food and it was more than enough. had a hard time letting go of worrying about the dollar/euro conversion. wish i had spent more.

• 25 Apr 2011 krystle85 said

krystle85

I am going on the Simply Italy tour in May. I plan on taking about $1500 EURO, not dollar. Keep conversion in mind when you trade dollar for euro. I was upset to do currency conversions against my U.S. dollars. Very depressing. I am trying to ignore the fact that $1500 Dollars is $1000 Euro.

I suggest you read some user reviews for contiki and it’s Italy tours at epinions.com to see that many travelers did not do the optionals as they became very expensive wasters of time. I will not be doing any of them. And with that abundance of money I am saving refraining from those I hope to buy beautiful Italian jewelry and delicious food! Have a fun trip!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion