Community_discussions_small  

Question

Meals on tours?

12 Feb 2011 Chris713 asked

Default_avatar

I'm doing 2 European tours later this year and I was wondering what sort of food is included in the meals provided? Like for breakfast are there a choice of different things to eat? And dinners are they mainly cooked meals or do you go to restaurants and have a large choice?

I'm just a strict healthy eater and don't want to eat too much junk while away, want to be sure there is enough choice for that. Thanks

ps im doing european escapade and greek island hopping tours starting may!!

• 11 May 2011 JulieAnne said

JulieAnne

I did the European magic tour in March. If you are a strict healthy eater, you are going to have to ease up a little for this tour. Some places there was a huge selection for breakfast (Munich) and some places there was hardly anything (Lucerne). Almost everywhere there was bread, jelly, yogurt, juice. Some places had fruit, or hot breakfast choices. As far as dinners, none of the places we went to gave us a choice of what to eat. Whether it was at the hotel or at a restaurant nearby, there was a pre-arranged dish. My only suggestion is to tell the tour-guide ahead of time that you like to eat healthy and would prefer the vegetarian option for your dinners, since they are probably a bit healthier than the meat-based choices. Either way, it won’t be the end of the world if you eat unhealthy for a few weeks. You can make up for it when you get back!

• 11 May 2011 interface2x said

interface2x

As stated above, at included dinners, there is a prearranged menu so you cannot order separately. However, my tour manager circulated a sheet early in the tour so you can list dietary requirements, allergies, and the like. You can choose a vegetarian option or something along those lines there. A few people on my tour did this and got separate dishes from the rest of the group. Also, the restaurants we went to (Italy) were accommodating when requests were made – for instance, one girl on our tour doesn’t like cheese so she would ask for dishes without it. They always were always cool about it. You can likely ask your tour manager ahead of time what the dishes will be at the dinner and if it’s really something you don’t want to eat, you can skip the dinner.

Breakfasts are hit and miss with the hotels – some had a wide selection, some didn’t. All had staples like toast, bagels, juice, coffee, cereal. Some had more hot options like eggs and bacon, others didn’t.

• 12 May 2011 JackDarcy said

Default_avatar

I would like to suggest you to have something light food while traveling otherwise it will become harsh for the health so I would like to suggest not to eat more than a capacity of your body. But so far wish you all the best for your journey.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.