Community_discussions_small  

Question

Travelling Solo/Travel Buddy

13 Feb 2011 Ashlie asked

Ashlie

Ive booked my contiki tour Best of the USA and im leaving Australia on the 24th of November. Travelling Solo and just a little bit nervous. it would be great if i had a travel buddy as i will be in LA for an extra day or so and New York for an extra 2 days. Is anyone else interested on going on this tour? I'm from Adelaide South Australia.

• 14 Feb 2011 Explorer1151097 said

Default_avatar

Let me know how you go on this trip it looks awesome i wouldnt mind doing it as well

• 7 Mar 2011 Emily said

Emily

Hi Ashlie. I haven’t booked it yet, but I’m also plannig on doing this tour! Like you, I will also be travelling solo, as none of my friends wanted to come with me. I’m from Greenock, South Australia and would be departing on the 24th aswell. I’m a little hesitant because I have never travelled before, but also really excited. I’m also staying in New York after the tour, but for about a month as I’m going to spend Christmas and NYE there!

• 7 Mar 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

You so should book this tour!! I’m originally from Mount Gambier but currently live in Adelaide. Will you be departing from Adelaide??

• 10 Mar 2011 Emily said

Emily

Definitely will!!
    Yeah, I’ll be leaving from Adelaide. Do you have any recommendations on who I should book my flights with?

• 10 Mar 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Im flying with V Australia. I was told they are really good to fly with. I’m leaving Adelaide on November 24th at 6.55 to melbourne then leaving Melbourne at 12.15pm and arrive in LA at 7.45am on Thursday 24th of November. It would be great if we were both on the same plane, wouldnt make the flight seem so long

• 10 Mar 2011 Emily said

Emily

Ok cool, I’ll try them then. That would be great! The long flight is the thing i’m least looking forward to.

• 11 Mar 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Let me know how you go with the flights. Have you booked your tour yet?

• 11 Mar 2011 Emily said

Emily

Ok sure. I haven’t, but I’m thinking next week or possibly the week after.

• 25 Mar 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Hi Emily
    Did you end up booking the tour and your flights?

• 30 Mar 2011 AlexG said

AlexG

Hi Ashlie,
    I’m considering travelling to America in November 2011 and also travelling solo. Like you I am nervous at the thought!
    I know you said that your doing Best of USA, but im (hopefully) going to do the Wild Western, so if for any reason you end up changing your mind about which tour to do, let me know :)
    I’m from Brisbane

• 13 Apr 2011 Emily said

Emily

Hi Ashlie,
    Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, but I’ve been busy with work and stuff.
    I haven’t booked my flights or tour yet, but now that work has settled down a bit, I’m hoping to do it before Easter. But I am most definitely going.
    I was going to try and book the same flight as you, so I won’t be by myself lol.
    Also, are you staying on after the tour?

• 13 Apr 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

I know what you mean works crazy with me too! Sounds good. Im only staying in New York an extra night but I dont leave New York till about 5 the next day

• 14 Apr 2011 Emily said

Emily

ok cool me too. I was going to stay over Christmas and NYE, but I have decided to do that next year instead.
    I’m really looking forward to it!!

• 14 Apr 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Same I cant wait!! How much spending money are you taking? Do you have facebook?

• 4 May 2011 Emily said

Emily

Well I was planning on $100 a day for food, tipping and transport. And, then I’ll save up as much as I can and use the rest for shopping etc…hopefully around $4000 or more.
    I do have facebook, add me if you want, cmi61034@bigpond.net.au

• 4 May 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Ok im trying to save lots at the moment. Have you booked your flights and the tour

• 4 May 2011 Emily said

Emily

I have booked my tour, but not my flights yet. I have been waiting for my pay, so the end of this week or next week probably.
    I’m trying to save lots aswell, but it makes it difficult when all my bills seem to come at once.

• 5 May 2011 Emily said

Emily

Are you planning on doing any of the extra optional activites?

• 5 May 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

I know what you mean with trying to save and then all the bills come in at once! I’m planning on doing the Grand Canyon, Disney Land, Sex and the City Tour, Bike and Roll in Central Park and i think there were a couple others I want to do. Alot of People are saying that 4,000 is alot of money to take but I don’t want to run out of money and I think I will save alot of my money from my 21st and put that towards my spending money also.

• 5 May 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

I added you to facebook too!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.