Community_discussions_small  

Question

bag on the bus!!

13 Feb 2011 nay asked

nay

can i leave a bag on the bus during the day? or do i have to carry anything i take on the bus around everywhere? im going on the european highlights tour in sep 2011 :)

• 13 Feb 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

You can leave it on the bus. The bus will be locked but it is still at your own risk.

• 14 Feb 2011 nay said

nay

thanks i was thinking of having a backpack on the bus with books and magazines and pillow and stuff and a little sling with all my valubles on me so that will be fine :)

• 14 Feb 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

I left my bag on the bus last tour all day, and just took my smaller valuables with me in a smaller bag. The bag on the bus was good for extra layers, snacks, different shoes depending on the activities of the day. Last time I had a back pack. This time I’m getting a cabin bag just to have a little more in it. It is at your own risk but if you dont keep valuables in it theres nothing worth taking.

• 16 Feb 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

Hey Nay, yeah you cal leave your bag on the bus but like Kelsey said it is at you own risk! Especially if your going on tour through Europe.. My tour bus got broken into in Rome while we were checking the sites so yeah, yes you can leave your bag on the bus but if you do don’t leave anything of value in it!

• 18 Mar 2011 Fades said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m on the European Horizon tour departing 16 April. Please clarify: Where is your suitcase during the day – with your clothes in it? And when you say carry on bag what would I have in it? A question just to recap… on this trip I will have a suitcase, carry on bag to take along during day trips (which I’ll leave on the bus) and a sling bag to take valuables like cash, passport, camera? Is this right?

• 18 Mar 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

Thats what I did last year. And its what I’m doing again this year. I just have a slightly bigger carry on bag and slightly bigger sling bag this time round because its a longer trip and more varied temps than what I dealt with last time. I did get sick of the carry on bag but at the same time if i didint have it I would have got sick of having no where to put the stuff I didnt want to carry around the city. My intention is to have enough room in the top of he carry on bag to keep my sling bag in there. So carrying on that and my big case when at accomodation, airports etc. Bags are exhausting to think about.

• 18 Mar 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

My carry on bag on the bus sometimes had my sneakers in it, or my thongs so I can easily swap shoes on the bus depending on the day. I preferred being in thongs but quickly changed them on the bus for extreme walking stops. You may have snacks in the carry on bag on the bus for the long bus rides. Extra bottles of drink. Your travel pillow. Your travel adaptors so you can charge your stuff on the bus. Perhaps your journal and pen.

• 18 Mar 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

Thongs = flip flops depending on where you’re from :)

• 18 Mar 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

Suitcase is under the bus with everyone elses. Thus a HUGE hassel if you want something out of it.

• 19 Mar 2011 JerryLangers said

JerryLangers

Suitcase is left under the bus during the driving days, where the backpack (aka: Day Bag) is what you need on a day to day basis and this can even hold a change of clothes if needed for overnight stops. But yes it is generally used to carry things for the day, water bottles, camera, snacks etc…

But depending on where you go i would also suggest not leaving anything valuable on the bus. Rome is notorious for pick pockets yes! but When i was in Rome, our bus got broken into while we were on a walking tour of the Vatican and bags were stolen off the bus. (which some people left valuables in like money, passports, credit cards, Ipods, Iphones, etc… so just be careful at all times :-)

• 24 Mar 2011 Fades said

Default_avatar

Thanks guys for the response. Kaz I’m from Cape Town, South Africa. Where you from? I’d like to know if you think it’s necessary to take along thermal underwear and thermal socks and gloves in Europe during April temps. Would I be able to layer in Swiss Alps without thermal wear and still be warm enough?

• 25 Mar 2011 Sam-I-Am said

Sam-I-Am

can someone please clarify what a sling bag is?

• 27 Mar 2011 NicsAdventure said

NicsAdventure

A sling bag is just like a small over the shoulder bag, thats big enough for your wallet, camera, passport ect. Nothing massive but can fit the essentials :) hope that helps! lol

• 27 Mar 2011 Kirralee said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I’m travelling to Europe in 9 days and was wondering can you have a Carry on Bag plus a hand bag or can it only be one or the other?

Thanks

• 6 Apr 2011 BigCountry Williams said

BigCountry Williams

Hey Fades please let us know how your trip was.I’m gonna do the same one in summer.

• 6 Apr 2011 Fades said

Default_avatar

Hi Alex, will do. I’m so excited…ours is just over a week away!

• 10 Apr 2011 Emma said

Default_avatar

Im in Europe at the moment… weather is gorgeous! definately dont ned thermals… not sure for swiss alps tho, but i doubt it.

• 10 Apr 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

Technically you’re supposed to only have one carry on bag on the bus. That usually lasts for the first morning… But I always bring a backpack that I can stick my purse into for the bus ride. Then when we get off the bus just take the purse.

As others have said, don’t leave valuables on the bus. It’s rare that busses get broken into, but it really sucks if you lose something valuable.

• 18 May 2011 Explorer1203680 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone,

Im doing a 25 day european tour in July and Im really confused about the luggage restrictions !
    Is it okay if i have a small suitcase as carry on as long as it doesn’t weigh more than 5kgs ? Its dimensions are 46×33×22. I also have my main suitcase which will go under the bus.

Hope someone can help me out!

• 18 May 2011 Racheee said

Racheee

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you would be able to take a bag on the bus that is like a country road bag but obviously slightly smaller?

If anyone could let me know that would be great!!!

Thanks!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion