Community_discussions_small  

Question

What to pack.

13 Feb 2011 heather0803 asked

heather0803

Anyone going on the Scandinavia & Russia Tour in September, just wondering what you are packing!

• 23 Feb 2012 BecS said

BecS

I’m going on the Scandinavia & Russia tour in June and trying to figure out what to pack. I’m thinking I’ll need a warm jacket for the northern regions … I’m trying to track down a packing list with no luck.

• 27 Feb 2012 cdm115 said

cdm115

I did this tour in May/June back in 2006. It was pretty cold up in Scandinavia, but we were actually in Berlin during a “heatwave” – 80’s In June you might need a pair of shorts if you run hot. Otherwise, if you look at average high temps you’ll find it doesn’t get that warm. I would definitely bring a warm jacket and clothes to layer.

One thing about Scaninavia is that it’s very coastal so you get a cold wind off the water.

• 28 Feb 2012 abbey7121 said

abbey7121

I,m booked for Russia dept Helsinki sept 16th. When does your tour depart heather?

• 28 Feb 2012 heather0803 said

heather0803

I went last year.. In September :)

• 28 Feb 2012 abbey7121 said

abbey7121

Sorry I didn’t look at the date properly! How was the weather then?

• 28 Feb 2012 heather0803 said

heather0803

Lol that’s okay :) it rained!! The whole time I was there. I ended up buying gumboots on the second day in Copenhagen. You’ll need warm clothes for during the nights.

• 28 Feb 2012 BecS said

BecS

Ooh, thanks! Definitely going to layer. Although 80 Fahrenheit is like 26 in Celsius?? That to me isn’t that hot at all – in fact that’d be a relief with the weather I’m having at the moment – high 30’s in Celsius in good ’ole South Australia (which is like over 100 Fahrenheit… blurgh!!). Weather change has just arrived though – sweet relief!!

I was going to bring 2 pairs of jeans and a couple of skirts then a variety of different length tops, a jumper and a jacket.

• 29 Feb 2012 heather0803 said

heather0803

If you’re doing Scandinavia too, take lots of stuff to layer.. And pack an umbrella. Just in case.
    You’ll need nice dressy clothes for a few things.. Dinners out.. The swed/Finn cruise (omg it is the BEST night) and absolutely for the Russian ballet.

• 29 Feb 2012 heather0803 said

heather0803

Everyone in Scandinavia is good looking and very well presented. So it’s nice to dress up :)

• 29 Feb 2012 alyece said

alyece

I’m doing the Scandinavia & Russia tour in July and was wondering what the hell to pack lol.
    Glad i found this discussion! :)

• 29 Feb 2012 tikihut said

tikihut

I mean it’s ‘summer/autumn’ in September but depending where you originally come from, it’s quite cold at that time. Bring some light gear but pack mostly warm(er!) clothing. July should be ok but would take a few warm items. Definitely bring a jacket and mini umbrella if you can. A good tip also is to bring merino/cashmere thermals. Just because they’re light and keep you really warm. So if you wear two pairs (when it’s really cold), then you’ll be ok.

• 9 Mar 2012 ThereseGrennard said

ThereseGrennard

Im swedish so I thought Id share my thoughts.. As July is in the middle of the Scandinavian summer it is as hot as it gets- which is quite hot! Shorts and tshirts will be fine during the day and a cardigan or thin jacket at night and youll be alright. Then again, it might rain occasionally, so an umbrella is a good idea. Also, unfortunately you should prepare yourself for hideous prices on alcohol! Have a great trip!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.