Community_discussions_small  

Question

Vietnam Experience April 30 2011

14 Feb 2011 Trudi1301 asked

Default_avatar

Is there anyone doing this tour? I am travelling on my own then doing a sapa trek with Intrepid. I'm really looking forward to it!

• 19 Feb 2011 Leanne31 said

Default_avatar

Hello, I’m doing this tour too! I’m from England and I’m travelling on my own too – booked the tour this week. Very excited…if a little nervous :)

• 19 Feb 2011 Trudi1301 said

Default_avatar

Have you travelled before? I had done the Asian Adventure and had so much fun that I have decided to do the Vietnam Experience! Do you have a facebook page? My email address is trudi1301@hotmail.com

• 20 Feb 2011 Leanne31 said

Default_avatar

I travelled Europe (with Contiki) in 2008 but no real travelling since. I’ve never been to Asia – sooo excited! I’d love to do the Asian Adventure too! Do you know anyone else doing the tour?

• 21 Feb 2011 Trudi1301 said

Default_avatar

I don’t know anyone else doing the tour! It would be good to find out how many are going before we get there. Which contiki Europe tour did you do? I did the 33 day European Explorer, it was so much fun too and it covered a lot that you wouldn’t cover if you did it on your own! That’s why I like going with a tour group.

• 27 Feb 2011 Leanne31 said

Default_avatar

When I booked they told me the max. number is about 30-35 and that over half the tour was booked so far so I think there will be at least 20 of us :)
    I did the European Contrasts tour so I think we visited similar places – I had the best time doing it and met some awesome people and saw some lovely sits. I agree that you see more than if you were on your own. Did you do that tour on your own too? I did – pretty nervous but it was great and I’m hoping for the same from the Vietnam tour.
    When do you arrive in Ho Chi Minh city? I land on the 29th at around 6 in the evening so I’ll have a day exploring before the tour starts. Contiki booked a hotel for me too.

• 15 Mar 2011 Phuong Anh Nguyen said

Default_avatar

hello dear,
    I’m Vietnamese. I’m very interested in backpacking around Vietnam because I did not have much chance to see my country before. I live in Hanoi and I’m very willing to give you experience when you come here.

If you are going to Sapa, here is some of my advice that may be helpful for you:

I have been to Sapa twice and it does not cost very much if you know how to spend, in average, i spent <60$ with a trip to Sapa. However, it’s not a good idea for you to come here in April 30! I must say. Everything will be expensive and you may not even find any hotel available at that time. If you need any help with your travel to Sapa, don’t hesitate to tell me, I will help you book the hotel and give some interesting address here.

If you come to Hanoi please tell me. It’s a pity not to come here and enjoy best food in the world! I have to say Hanoi does not have much beautiful places but the food here is the best.

From April 2 to 9, I will make a trip to Danang-Hoi An. If anyone wants to go with me please contact.

Contact me: nphuonganh92@rocketmail.com

• 29 Mar 2011 Trudi1301 said

Default_avatar

Hi Leanne, I get to Ho Chi Min on 29 April too at about 8pm, so will have a day to explore the city before starting the tour. I’m also staying in the contiki hotel (Vien Dong hotel) the night before the tour starts. I’m really getting excited. It’s only 4 weeks away! How are things going with you?

• 2 Apr 2011 Leanne31 said

Default_avatar

Hello :) Yes I’m staying there too, in a twin room – are you? If so, we may end up in a room together!
    I can’t wait either, but I need to buy a few bits and pieces and arrange my insurance…time is flying so quickly! Have you got everything ready?

• 10 Apr 2011 Trudi1301 said

Default_avatar

I’ve got most things ready, I’m getting most things ready this weekend, as there is an easter break coming up in 2 weeks. Just have to pick up my documents this week hopefully. I’m staying in a twin room too!

• 10 Apr 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

is this the tour that takes in the Mekong Delta?

• 23 Apr 2011 Trudi1301 said

Default_avatar

Yes

• 23 Apr 2011 Trudi1301 said

Default_avatar

Hi Leanne, Not long to go now, less than a week to go….I’m flying out of Friday 29th. So hope to meet up with you at the hotel sometime. I’m so excited!

• 24 Apr 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

Do tell me all about your trip when you all return.I know this is a long way off for me but I am planning to go on this tour for my 35th Birthday.

• 24 Apr 2011 Leanne31 said

Default_avatar

Hi Trudi! I know, I’m so excited :) I had a look at the weather and it’s been raining a lot – hopefully the sun will come out when we arrive!
    I’m flying out on the 28th, but I arrive on the 29th at 18:30 (from Singapore) so hope to see you at the hotel. I’ve got a day to explore before the tour starts so hope to see you – I think I might go and explore the city and markets (if I’m not too jetlagged).

• 25 Apr 2011 Trudi1301 said

Default_avatar

The markets sound good! I’m sure we’ll find some bargains. I’m arriving at the hotel about 8pm. I hope we end up with a sunny few weeks! I’m really looking forward to Nha Trang! See you soon.

• 25 Apr 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

This tour is well worth doing.I couldn’t justify the last time I went to Vietnam the extra dollars to do the Mekong Delta but after reading so many positive reviews on the Vietnam Experience I have decided to go back and do the country in full.I know I am not planning to go till the end of 2012 but at least this gives me an idea of what to expect besides I want something other than another South Pacific Cruise for my 35th Birthday at the end of next year in December.Now to see if they bring out a departure before the 20th of December that year.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion