Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Magic July 11th (12th-21st), 2011,

15 Feb 2011 AlejandraG asked

AlejandraG

Anybody else booked for this trip?? We got 6 crazy americans on board, anyone else?

• 12 Jun 2011 SeanWetli said

SeanWetli

Got one less crazy American here! Landing in London early morning on July 11th.

• 12 Jun 2011 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

very nice. finally we got someone else aboard. Can’t wait to meet you. My friends and I are arriving on the 9th to do some extra sight seeing. Where you from?

• 13 Jun 2011 SeanWetli said

SeanWetli

I just graduation from Georgia Tech and moving down to Savannah, GA in a few weeks for a job. Looking forward to this! See you July 11th

• 13 Jun 2011 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

Very nice Congrats!! Looking forward meeting you. We have a group started up on FB you can look me up under my e-mail: alejandra_garcia03@yahoo.com

• 19 Jun 2011 itsanixela said

Default_avatar

One bilingual Montrealer on board! :D First time with Contiki, but this is my second trip to Europe. I went to Scotland last year and it was fan-tas-tic and I wanted to go back this year but figured I ought to see more than the north of Great Britain ;) Also I figured it’d be nice to travel with people around my age this time around, lol. I had a pair of crazy old biddies obsessing over sheep behind me last year and another pair of grouches elsewhere whining about the hotels not being 5-star. In northern Scotland. Pssh.

Come on, I must not be the only Canadian… Come out, come out! D-day draws near!

• 20 Jun 2011 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

This is great, one more person on board. I did a contiki tour last year (London and Paris) and loved it so much, not much the weather but just being out of the states and seeing a whole new world was so cool. This time I’m taking with me 5 other friends (4 girls and 1 boy) and we have been counting down the months and now days. We are getting into London on the 9th for that we can explore the city more since we are only technically doing one one night as part as the tour. We are doing a day trip to Liverpool on the 11th. We are also staying in Paris 2 more additional days after the tour and one more night in London before departing back to the states on the 24th.

Are you doing this tour solo?

• 20 Jun 2011 Haylzzzz said

Haylzzzz

I’m Australian and I’m going too :) I’m going with my boyfriend, and it will be my first time overseas. So excited!! Can’t wait to see Paris!

• 21 Jun 2011 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

Can’t wait to meet you :)

• 22 Jun 2011 itsanixela said

Default_avatar

Yes I’m doing this tour solo :) I can’t really do trip extensions since I’ve only got two weeks off from work, but I would definitely have loved to enjoy a bit more of France and England besides the main cities. But urgh, reality. Maybe another time.

What time of the year did you go to London last year? I had barely any rain (oh, maybe a little light drizzle once or twice but not for long) and mostly sunny last year in late May. It was the running joke in the bus that the Scots are filthy liars pretending it’s always rainy only to drive visitors away, lol. And that was around Iceland’s volcanic eruption, too (don’t get me started on the “can we/can we not go”… I even had a 9-hour layover at Heathrow on the way back, I think because of volcanic activity. I practically knew Heathrow inside and out and enjoyed the basement’s fresh air in Terminal 5). Anyway. Maybe I’ll bring good luck with me again this time and we’ll have great weather! Cross your fingers everyone!

• 22 Jun 2011 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

You will adjust pretty good to the tour, If you are going solo you will find your click right away, and I know how you feel.

When I did the tour last year is was in the begining of May, and the weather was just too cold and gloomy for me. I’m a Cali girl, I’m use to warm weather, I thought I would be fine but I never got use to it. I didn’t like the fact that I had to wear my coat all the time. That’s propbably the reason why this time around we decided to book it right in the middle of summer. If we get lucky it won’t be to cold in London :). The Iceland’s volcano had us on our toes all the time, pre-departure to and from London. Departing London was crazy, our flight was the last one out of Heathron before the airport got shut down because the volcano started going at it again, we were the lucky ones out.

I’m reall looking forward meeting you all.

• 1 Jul 2011 Explorer1264565 said

Default_avatar

2 more canadians and a dutch kid joining the party. we will hook up with you guys in Amsterdam. we are very excited and can’t wait till we meet you.

• 13 Oct 2011 Somethinforkate said

Somethinforkate

Hi Im Aussie, Im looking at going on this trip (havent booked yet) it will be my first time in europe and im pretty sure ill be doing this trip on my own, cause none of my friends are avaliable/can afford it :( I hope your all nice to me! haha! I am glad to see there will be other aussies going, but im so excited to make some new friends and see some georgeous sites. On a side note, if i end up coming on this trip ill be in paris for my 27th birthday! woohoo!!! ;)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion