Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern 2 December 2011 (Traveling Alone)

18 Feb 2011 Breeza asked

Default_avatar

Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone is looking at doing the Grand Southern 2 Dec'11 departure

Will be traveling alone and its a little nerv racking even though EVERYONE i have spoken to says i will be fine :)

Want to do the New York Explorer before hand but it starts 29 Nov so i dont think it is going to work.

Anywho hit me up if anyone is going to do this tour

Cheers
Bree

• 26 May 2011 Explorer1254726 said

Default_avatar

Hi Bree, did you end up booking this Contiki? My partner and I are booked for this one. Cant wait!!
    You will be absolutely fine. We did a Europe Contiki about 3 years ago and everyone just mixes and mingles whether your travelling alone or in a group, so don’t be worried doing it by yourself.
    Claire :-)

• 27 May 2011 Breeza said

Default_avatar

Hey Claire,
    Yep im all booked and ready to go! So very exciting!!!
    Have also booked the NYC Explorer for the 29 Nov’11 as i will have 5 nights in NYC before the
    Grand Southern!!
    Where about are you from?
    About ready to pay for this all in full, coming around very quickly!!

YIIIPPEEEEEEEEE Bree

• 27 May 2011 Explorer1254726 said

Default_avatar

Awesome. We will be in new York for about a week before too but think we might spend some of that time up in Canada – haven’t quite decided. Theres so much to do!!!

We’re from Perth, western Australia. How bout you?

• 27 May 2011 Breeza said

Default_avatar

From Sydney……
    Was wondering if anyone had booked on this as noone had comment!

Hopefully this gets the ball rolling and there are alot more out there that has booked

• 27 Sep 2011 Paul Corkill said

Default_avatar

Hi Bree and Claire,
    I am also doing the Grand Southern leaving on Dec 2nd. Might also have 2 other mates coming, still talking them into it.
    Arriving in NY during the week before, also planning on doing the Vegas for New Years Eve.
    Paul

• 27 Sep 2011 Amanda_Cameron said

Amanda_Cameron

Hey, I believe im on the same tour, I be jumping on In New Orleans and finishing in LA on the 15th December. Has anyone created a group on Facebook? Amanda

• 28 Sep 2011 Breeza said

Default_avatar

YAY this is exciting…

Paul i am heading to Vegas for New years too. Im meeting my friend in LAX once we finish Contiki and then we are going to Vegas on the 29th for 4 nights.
    Its coming around SOOOOO quick.

Amanda you might be on the earlier tour as our tour finishes in LAX on the 27th December

Bree

• 28 Sep 2011 Paul Corkill said

Default_avatar

Yes it is coming fast, about 9 weeks to ago. Started planning the trip last Nov/Dec.
    I’m also going to Vegas, getting there on 30th for 4 days. Doing the Contiki New Years Eve, but not the one on the website as my mate has organised a seperate group for New Years with Contiki managers, doing the same things I think.
    Also, I’m from Victoria, between Geelong and the Great Ocean Road.
    Paul

• 28 Sep 2011 Breeza said

Default_avatar

Nice one, im not doing Contiki in Vegas just our own thing which including Sky diving on new years day ! EWWWW. And then from there im off to Cabo in Mexico.
    I started planning it Aug last year so it has been a long wait.
    Im in Sydney.
    Bree

• 29 Sep 2011 Amanda_Cameron said

Amanda_Cameron

Thats the one Im on its finishes in LAX on the 27th, i have to say im jelous of your plans after!! i wanted to do the las vegas for new years but was umping and aring about it

• 29 Sep 2011 Amanda_Cameron said

Amanda_Cameron

i mean it starts from new orleans on the 15th until the 27th, they join the southern adventure and eastern dicsovery to the grandsouthern, i did the eastern discovery but the other way around new orleans to New york las year it was amazing! i also did another one in the summer from new york to chicago going through canada Im soo excited it will be weird spending xmas without the family but im glad im doing something different this year , Im Amanda from England btw

• 4 Oct 2011 Explorer1183852 said

Default_avatar

hey guys
    my names Gabby, me and my brother are doing this trip as well, but starting at new york and finishing at new orleans. cant wait for the trip. We are also doing vegas for new years which will be awesome getting there from the 28th.

• 5 Oct 2011 Breeza said

Default_avatar

Hey Amanda, sounds like your on the tour. YAY
    I dont think anyone has made facebook page – i wouldnt have a clue but feel free to do so :)

Hey Gabby are you doing New Years in Vegas with Contiki??

So glad there are a bunch of people on here now as when i posted things it was very quite and i was afraid it would not be a definate departure. But we are good to go..

Bree :)

• 6 Oct 2011 Explorer1183852 said

Default_avatar

hey bree
    nah not doing a contiki in vegas for new years, but im sure there will be a lot of things planned that everyone can do around the town, gee its going to be massive.
    glad that the tour is full, going to be massive
    gabby :)

• 6 Oct 2011 Breeza said

Default_avatar

Hey Gabby,
    My friend and I will be in vegas but not with Contiki either. I have done some research to get tickets somewhere but still need to decide what to do. Its going to be HUGE
    Bree :)

Default_avatar

hey bree
    yeah we are the same trying to figure out stuff, we have looked at a few of the parties at the different places, but just waiting on a few of the people to get back to us about them all. where abouts you from

• 6 Oct 2011 Breeza said

Default_avatar

Hey Gabs, From Sydney. What about yourself?
    We are staying at the Mirage in vegas and they have a brand new club grand opening on New years Eve so im thinking they might have some good peope doing appearances. Crossing our fingers anyway!!

Default_avatar

oh cool im from warrnambool in victoria. oh yeah we are staying at trump towers. gee that sounds alright. yeah we were looking at one in ceasers with rhianna hosting or something ha ha

• 6 Oct 2011 Breeza said

Default_avatar

As long i am in Vegas for new years then im happy. I did see one party at the Luxor called ‘Drink till you drop’ Could be interresting haha $100 a ticket and open bar! ekkkk

• 6 Oct 2011 Amanda_Cameron said

Amanda_Cameron

http://www.facebook.com/groups/298701836812201 heres the group I have created :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion