Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London, Paris and Rome Extension MAY 8th 2010

18 Oct 2009 Dara Bee said

Default_avatar
Would love to meet anyone else who is planning on doing this tour!
  • 12 Nov 2009 AnGe89 said

Default_avatar

I know I’m going…..but then again you already knew that :P …… anybody else out there??

• 17 Feb 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

I just booked this trip..assuming this is the one from May 7 to 17. This my first trip to Europe and through Contiki. Is anybody looking at side trips? I know one thing I’d like to see in London is Abbey Road…get my pic on the crosswalk! haha

• 18 Feb 2010 Melx said

Melx

Hi John,
    Yes! that be the one!
    both me and ange are doing great Britain and Ireland tour before this one, which goes to abbey road! haha very excited!
    where you from?
    I’m from brissy, australia. =]

• 18 Feb 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

my friend and I are doing the London & Paris tour from May 8-14 but we will be staying in London a couple more days afterward for that I can go and get my picture taken at Abbey Road Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> and then head up to Liverpool to check out some of The Beatles hot spots.

• 18 Feb 2010 AnGe89 said

Default_avatar

Hi John and Alejandra, nice to finally know of some others coming on this trip.
    I’m from Rockhampton, Australia.
    61 days now until Mel and I head over…EXCITING!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    We visit Liverpool in the Great Britain tour… very much looking forward to the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour!! Amongst everything else really!! Look forward to chatting more. Do you guys have facebook??

AlejandraG

yey! i’m so excited to finally confirm with others who are doing part of our tour. this will be our first time going on a contiki tour and going to Europe. We are from Los Angeles and we were initially going to do this tour in April but it got cancelled so we decided to do this one since it was a confrim trip. I’m really looking forward hitting up London especially Liverpool, I’m a big Beatle fan so i’m gonna do as much possible. I do have a face book here is my link: http://www.facebook.com/alejandrag78 and my e-mail is alejandra_garcia03@yahoo.com

i’m really looking forward chatting up with all of you, I want to make this trip a very memorable and exciting one… Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Feb 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Hi Mel, Ange, and Alejandra,

Australia, huh? Put another shrimp on the barbie? haha sorry, I just watched Dumb and Dumber where they say that to the Austrian girl. That’s cool the closest I’ve been there was Singapore….Australia is on my list of trips to do though. Alejandra, I have some cousins in Mission Viejo, south of LA. I’m from Pittsburgh.

That’s cool you guys are all Beatles fans…I love them and know a lot of their stuff on guitar. I considered taking the train up to Liverpool but I’m not sure I’ll have time. Abbey Road is a must see though. I was looking into anything else besides the main stuff and other things I found were the hotel is in London that Jimi Hendrix died in, the original Hard Rock Cafe is in London, there’s a plaque in London for William Wallace (Braveheart)…he was dragged naked by horses through town, then castrated, dis-embowled, and cut into 4 pieces. Ummm I know there’s a Jack the Ripper tour, there’s the London Dungeon thing, and I read Sir Isaac Newton’s tomb is at Westminster Abbey. As far as Paris, I know Jim Morrison is buried there and Napoleon’s tomb is there. Not that I want to be too overloaded, but just looking at all the options haha. Are you guys planning to go to Moulin Rouge? I think its expensive but I was thinking of doing that. I also want to see Stonehenge…its listed as an optional tour but talking to Contiki they said that bus will take us there no matter what, but the extra tour is go up close to it, probably with the tour guide. I’m hoping the itinerary they send us gives us more info what times and which days we’re going to see what…

Haha a guy at work was in Paris 20 years ago and said he was on a cruise on the Seine River and the French would stand on the bridge going across and try to pee on the boat…no wonder everybody loves them! haha

Looking forward to meeting you all and havin a great trip!

AlejandraG

hey there John, I got your request and you are now my friend. I’m really looking forward in getting to know you all. I will have my friend send you guys her request as well.

• 20 Feb 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

This website has some good Beatles locations with where they are on the map…like abbey road, where john and yoko met, the roof where they last played in public

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/B…les/London.htm#Tours

Is anybody planning to go to moulin rouge? I’m thinking about doing that side trip. I read some blogs that say that its in the red light district in paris and that people will try to get you to come into their bars/clubs and then rip you off…they say the bouncers won’t let you go unless you pay.

• 20 Feb 2010 Melx said

Melx

Hey everyone!
    Yes i know i’m planning on going to the moulin rouge, aparently its a must do and is realllllly good, and well worth the money. since you get 3 course meal and wine included in the cost its not too bad.
    I can’t wait to go over, its going to be so awesome.

One of my friends gave me a tip when it comes to french pubs, if wanting to eat, sit at the bar, because if you sit at a table they charge 3 times more. so yeah there is deffinately a good tip.
    I will add you both to facebook =]
    Not long nooowww!

• 21 Feb 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

I’m going on this date but I am doing Amsterdam extention. Do you guys think that we are all going to be on the same tour for London and Paris and then seperate to do our chosen extentions? I am not too sure how it works … Any input?

• 21 Feb 2010 Melx said

Melx

Hi Miss,
    I’m not 100% sure but there is a possibility.
    I know the Great Britian and Ireland one combines at the end of Great Britian with the ones who just want to do ireland, so it is possble.
    Maybe call/e-mail contiki and ask, just out of curiosity =]

• 22 Feb 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

Hi Melx,

Looks like I will see ya in London Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I have checked with Contiki and they said that we are all going to be in the same group until we part ways for our extensions Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> What’s your name Melx, could I add you to Facebook? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

MissTraveler77

Hi JohnB Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Where are you going to be coming from? I am going to be doing London and Paris plus Amterdam extension and also staying until the 17th.

Olga
    P.S. I am from Canada

• 22 Feb 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

Hey there John, thanks for that link, I’m going to check it out and see what I get out of it.

My friend and I are thinking of checking out Moulin Rouge as well, I heard it get’s pretty cool in there and maybe checking out the nightlife afterwards doesn’t sound bad at all. I say we all go check it out. I’m going to have my friend send over her friend request on facebook, her name is Sabrina Lara.

MissTraverler77, great to hear you are coming along on our tour as-well. I'm only doing the London and Paris tour. here is my e-mail: alejandra_garcia03yahoo.com, send over your request on facebook, you will also find John, Mel, Ange and Sabrina on my friend list. I look forward to getting to know you better b4 the trip. I’m from Los Angeles btw. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Feb 2010 Melx said

Melx

Hey miss!

My name on facebook is Mel Buckley, Just look it up =] i’m the girl with the stripy shirt on with another blonde girl with like crowd in the background in my dp=]

MissTraveler77

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> that is awesome Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I will add you both and others and am definately looking forward to see you all on the Euro Trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Which hotel are you guys going to be staying at?

MissTraveler77

Alejandra Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I am totally with you on Moulin Rouge and nightlife afterwords Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Suuch a great idea Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> We should all do that for sure Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m in Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Feb 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

you said it Olga, the Moulin Rouge it is. I believe my friend said that she was going to give me this as a bday present to me. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Feb 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Hi Olga,

I’m coming from Pittsburgh…I sent you a friend request on FB. Looking forward to meeting you Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Sounds like we’re all in for MR…check out the blogs about the red light district where its located…sounds pretty rough at night!

Symbiote – are you on the tour or just commenting? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion