Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London, Paris and Rome Extension MAY 8th 2010

18 Oct 2009 Dara Bee said

Default_avatar
Would love to meet anyone else who is planning on doing this tour!
  • 23 Feb 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

thanks for the info Symbiote, I did hear it’s a bit $$ but heck who knows when we will end up going to Paris again. I’m pretty sure I can save up all my penies and go.

John, don’t worry i’m from the hood, i bet i can hanble the red-light district, ha ha. “I Run L.A.”.

• 24 Feb 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

HAHAH you guys are funny Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I can handle Red Light District as well lol Glad I’ll be in Amsterdam Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> hehe I bet L.A. is full of mini Red Ligt Districts LOL

Alejandra that is a pretty sweet birtday present Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Great friend you have Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Feb 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

Hi Everyone,

I just booked my trip today- london, paris and rome! Im from New York and this will be my first trip to Europe.

Im looking forward to getting to know all my tour mates!

• 24 Feb 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the group! haha I sent you a friend request.

Any side things you def wanna see…beatles, moulin rouge, …?

• 24 Feb 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

hey Lisa, so glad to find another tour mate, cant wait to get to know you. and yes, please let us know if you have any other sites you are interested in checking out. we are planning ahead. ha ha.

i will be sending you my request as well.

• 25 Feb 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

Hi Lisa Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

A big welcome to the group Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Yet another addition to the tour, the more people the marrier Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I will add you to facebook as well, looking forward to getting to know you better before the Euro trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Olga

• 25 Feb 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

Sounds like we have a fun bunch!

Ive never been to Europe before so im looking to squeeze in as much as possible. Abbey Road and Moulin Rouge are musts for me, so count me in!

I’m travelling solo and I’m excited to see that there are some other solo travelers as well :-)

• 25 Feb 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

Lisa I’m with you on that one! I am also traveling solo and it is my first trip to Europe, (aside from in transit stops in Amsterdam and Paris, but those don’t count lol)

I am definately thinking of squeezing in as much as possible, I am definately doing the London Eye and the Tower of London in London, who’s with me?

Olga

• 25 Feb 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

ok Olga, you twisted my arm. I guess I will go with you to see the London Eye and the Tower as well. ha ha.

• 25 Feb 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

Count me in too!

• 25 Feb 2010 AnGe89 said

Default_avatar

WOW… don’t check on here for a few days and it goes crazy!!… so much to reply to… so here goes Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> –

Very nice work John…although mainly prawns not shrimp that go on our bbq’s :P I’m glad Aus is on your list… America is on mine…when I finish university I think. I read about a Jack the Ripper tour on the royal national website…looks interesting. Mel and I are skipping the Stonehenge & Bath part (we see it in our first tour) and getting this package deal for Madame Tussauds, London Dungeon and London Eye. I know what you mean about overloading… no way I’ll see everything in London I want to see…just means I’ll have to come back Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

I know im definitely going to the Moulin Rouge… who knows when I’ll have the opportunity again… not going to regret not doing something. Also extremely keen to head out and experience the night life… Im always keen to head out lol.

Haha Olga… Red Light District in Amsterdam hmmm… have you heard about the bonus optional in Amsterdam they don’t tell you about till you arrive… well not too secret cause its been written about in all the travelogues ive read.

Hi Lisa, awesome to have another person on this tour Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> My names Ange and im from Rockhampton, Australia. I am with you for the Tower of London…so much history and so many exhibits and things to see. I also want to check out Westminster Abbey and the British Museum.

Looking forward to chatting more with everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Feb 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

The London Eye is probably a good place to take pics…I know I’m probably gonna take 1000 pics during the trip haha.

I’m planning to do a lot of walking in London..I found a good website that has a lot of the Beatle’s stops and where they’re at on the map. They’re actually pretty close together and not far from the hotel. I’d like to stop at Madame Tussaud’s if they still have the Beatles figures there. London Dungeon sounds cool too. I’m wondering if they’re gonna give us a detailed itinerary of what days and times we’ll be at the planned tour stops. That would make it easier to plan the other stuff. The girl at Contiki told me that the bus stops at Stonehenge as part of the tour so everyone will go but the optional tour is to go on a tour up-close…I kind of wonder if that’s true or not.

It’s good we’ve got a lot of solo first-timers!

Ange – what is a prawn? haha

I’m watching Eurotrip and National Lampoon’s Vacation both a second time for the trip..they both actually do London, Paris, and Rome. Scotty doesn’t know, Scotty doesn’t know…. haha

• 25 Feb 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Here’s a website for English slang….

http://www.effingpot.com/slang.shtml

Look up what a ‘wanker’ is Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Feb 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

John, Eurotrip is going to put a lot of bad things in my head, and I might just want to do them.

And I believe we will be getting the full itinerey a few weeks b4 the tour, well at least that is what my trip planner told us.

• 26 Feb 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Yeah that’s what they told me too…just wonder how detailed they will be though.

I just hope there aren’t many tunnels! haha

• 28 Feb 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Hey all, check out my Scotty Doesn’t Know rendition on FB haha…I was snowed in and bored on Friday Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Feb 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77
    quote:
    Originally posted by alejandra_garcia03:
    ok Olga, you twisted my arm. I guess I will go with you to see the London Eye and the Tower as well. ha ha.

Awesome Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I just can’t wait to see the view from the top of the London Eye, I heard great things about it Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I bought a London city guide..it has top ten places to see in London and a removable wallet size map to carry around, it has the metro map there too Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Oh and prices for everything as well Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

MissTraveler77
    quote:
    Originally posted by AnGe89:
    WOW… don’t check on here for a few days and it goes crazy!!… so much to reply to… so here goes Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> –

Very nice work John…although mainly prawns not shrimp that go on our bbq’s :P I’m glad Aus is on your list… America is on mine…when I finish university I think. I read about a Jack the Ripper tour on the royal national website…looks interesting. Mel and I are skipping the Stonehenge & Bath part (we see it in our first tour) and getting this package deal for Madame Tussauds, London Dungeon and London Eye. I know what you mean about overloading… no way I’ll see everything in London I want to see…just means I’ll have to come back Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

I know im definitely going to the Moulin Rouge… who knows when I’ll have the opportunity again… not going to regret not doing something. Also extremely keen to head out and experience the night life… Im always keen to head out lol.

Haha Olga… Red Light District in Amsterdam hmmm… have you heard about the bonus optional in Amsterdam they don’t tell you about till you arrive… well not too secret cause its been written about in all the travelogues ive read.

Hi Lisa, awesome to have another person on this tour Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> My names Ange and im from Rockhampton, Australia. I am with you for the Tower of London…so much history and so many exhibits and things to see. I also want to check out Westminster Abbey and the British Museum.

Looking forward to chatting more with everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

OMG Ange are you serious? That is awesome Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> i heard they have an Ice Bar called XtraCold! Apparently its a bar made entirely of ice! Ice glass shots, etc its pretty awesome I wanna visit.

MissTraveler77

EUROTRIP! It is definately a movie I have to watch before I go to Europe Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> In fact I have downloaded it so I can watch it later this week, maybe even tomorrow Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> My personal fave the club scene Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> if there are clubs like that really exist in Europe, I’m in to check them out Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> Who’s with me?

• 1 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

Hey Olga,

If you plan to go to any clubs as seen on Eurotrip you just better watch out what you drink.. if not you are going to be seeing lil green men flying around.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion