Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London, Paris and Rome Extension MAY 8th 2010

18 Oct 2009 Dara Bee said

Default_avatar
Would love to meet anyone else who is planning on doing this tour!
  • 1 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

lol I’ll stick to water Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> but don’t you think that it would be fun to check out at least a couple of places like that though, don’t ya think?

I have downloaded Eurotrip Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I can’t wait to watch it!!! John thar “Scotty Doesnt’ know” song got stuck in my head! Would be cool if that is going to be the “day song” for our group Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

yeah, i just have to remember to bring along my glow sticks/rainbow brite socks to be able to fit in just right. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 1 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Haha I’m down for some European clubbing…I’m not sure about the Paris red light district though haha. Water?? They don’t sale water over there, only beer! haha Scotty doesn’t know is definitely catchy!

I’m a big Coldplay fan…I found out that Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow live on Belsize Park Gardens but I’m not sure which house. There’s a good chance they wouldn’t be home but it’s not far from the hotel, I may have to pass by! haha

• 2 Mar 2010 Melx said

Melx

Oh my gosh! I also am a big coldplay fan, and that would be awesome!

• 2 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

I like Coldplay as well, also don’t mind Nickleback and Bon Jovi Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> lol yes water but something tells me I’ll end up changing my mind about that Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> hehe One of my friends who went on a Contiki on a Great Britain tour last year said that if you order a mixed drink it will come as a “double” which means it will be extra strong…..unless you ask for a single! So becareful and I highly doubt it is only in Great Britain Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> hehe

• 2 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

HAHA Alejandra you crack me up! I like the glow sticks as well, they probably give them out Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Haha I won’t be doing any driving so I’m not worried about strong drinks!

Here’s some of Gwyneth Paltrow’s favorite places in London from a People interview
    http://www.people.com/people/a…/0,,20231308,00.html

Here’s her and Chris Martin’s supposed address….
    Chris Martin Top Flat 79 Belsize Park Gardens London NW1 REINO UNIDO
    Also, wikipedia says that Helena Bonham Carter, Kate Moss, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, and the Gallagher brothers from Oasis live in Belsize Park Gardens too.

• 2 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

it will be nice to take a stroll arounnd that neighborhood, but i doubt we will find anyone. but i woulnd’t mind searching for Amy Winehouse Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> . and don’t worry Olga, I got the drinking taken care off.

• 2 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

btw Olga, I have a feeling that we are going to get along pretty well. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 3 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Alejandra I totally think the same thing Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I definately like the people (including yourself of course Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->) I met on here so far that are going on this trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Speaking of drinking, it won’t hurt me either I’m Russian Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> haha Although vodka is NOT my best friend and I appreciate a good glass of wine once in a while…My fave is “Pinot Griggio” white Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I gotta check that website John, got me interested Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Mar 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

Im thinking I need to rent Eurotrip!

I love a nice glass of wine or a cold beer! Sounds like we are all going to get along just wonderfully!

• 4 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

I’m waiting to get Eurotrip from Netflix, I thought I owned a cope but I guess I was wrong.

I’m not a wine drinker, I’m more of a beer/vodka/rum drinking kind of gal. that is why I’m just gonna love waking up at them pubs. ha ha. Oh, and John, thanks for that website link for the british slang. It’s just “hunky-dory”

• 5 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

hi everyone! i just booked this trip and i’m so excited…this is my first trip abroad! i can’t wait to meet everyone!

• 5 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

so excited to meet another tour mate Dana, really looking forward in getting to know you.

• 5 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

oh and if anyone wants to find me on facebook…here ya go!

http://www.facebook.com/danaloy2648

• 7 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Lisa – I think its listed as one of Contiki’s requirements to watch Eurotrip before you go Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Wine or beer is good with me..I’m willing to try anything there to experience the culture, no matter how disgusting haha

I really don’t mind being the only guy on this tour so far Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Mar 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

So do you guys think alot of people still havent booked their trip or that they did and just havent found thier way to the forums yet? I almost waited to book mine because i thought i might get a better deal closer to the departure date but then i got so excited i just wanted to book it!

Poor John is going to get sick of all us girls!

• 8 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

ya i agree…i think alot of people just haven’t found their way to the forums yet. and i’m glad i got to meet you guys before-hand too! as for john’s sake, i hope there’s some more guys going on the trip…he might be sick of us by the end of the trip otherwise Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

oh is anyone else doing the paris extension?

• 8 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

I hear you Dana, Contiki does a pretty good job on posting videos of their tours, I’m hoping ours is exactly like that, ha ha. But yes lets hope there are more guys doing this tour.

we do not have any extensions, but we are staying one more night in Paris for that we can go to Disneyland Paris and then head back to London for one more day of exploring. I doubt I will be able to do Liverpool since it’s about another 2.5 hour commute. Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion