Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London, Paris and Rome Extension MAY 8th 2010

18 Oct 2009 Dara Bee said

Default_avatar
Would love to meet anyone else who is planning on doing this tour!
  • 8 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Sick of you all? Nahhh haha

I think when I booked my trip it was definitely going, which according to Contiki means at least 25 people are going so a lot of people aren’t on this forum. But looking at the ratio on this forum so far, I’m sure there will be more ladies than gents. Hopefully with as many girls on this trip, there won’t be any drama by the end! haha Sorry, but I watched the bachelor this season and there’ll probably be one Vienna in the group haha.

Don’t worry, I’m sure there’s more guys…my luck I’ll get a gay guy for my roommate Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Alejandra, somehow I don’t believe that you would be shy lol

Dana – I’m doing London-Paris-Rome

• 8 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

don’t worry John, I doubt we will have any drama, we will all be too excited and busy to even bother with that. by the looks of it, we are all diferent but in a good way. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

and don’t let my pictures fool you… ha ha, it takes a while b4 i warm up to people but once i’m in my confort zone there is no stopping me.

• 9 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

haha i watched the bachelor too…i really hope there aren’t any “vienna’s” on this trip! drama does not make for a fun trip! haha just good times…

• 9 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

I’m still upset about Tenley…she was such a sweet girl Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I rented a London and Rome tour video on Netflix..I’ve only watched the London one so far and it put me to sleep. Its from 2007 but its bad quality and kind of lame.

• 10 Mar 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

I really thought Tenley had it in the bag! Vienna was classless. I’m not sure Ill even watch next season because I found Ali to be whinny and annoying.

I think the group is going to be big enough where people are just going to form their own little cliques within the group with the people they get along best with. I can get along with anyone and hate drama!

• 10 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I can get along with everyone too, and drama is not my best friend at all. However you are right people are going to form little groups of their own, just like in school hehe However even though we are forming a mini group right now, that doesnt really mean we are going to all stay together the whole time, since there’s gonna be many people with similar interests to yours and you’d want to meet all of them Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> My tip sit on the bus every day with different people Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Haha I agree with you Lisa on Ali…I also wonder how she is going to get all next season off of work when she had to leave early this one. Strange Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I almost couldn’t take watching Tenley cry Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

MissTraveler77

Im so lost with the bachelor talk, now I wish I watched it Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I used to watch these shows religiously but then kinda stopped Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

MissTraveler77

Wow!!! Looks like I missed a lot for not being on the forums for a while! I totally agree with John though, lots of people booked but just haven’t checked the forums or are yet to book it….there is still a month left so I’m sure people will still book. I am very glad that we have to forums to get to know eachother, that way we’ll be pretty close once the trip starts Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I missed the bachelor this season Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> so I don’t know about Vienna drama lol

• 11 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77
    quote:
    Originally posted by alejandra_garcia03:
    I hear you Dana, Contiki does a pretty good job on posting videos of their tours, I’m hoping ours is exactly like that, ha ha. But yes lets hope there are more guys doing this tour.

we do not have any extensions, but we are staying one more night in Paris for that we can go to Disneyland Paris and then head back to London for one more day of exploring. I doubt I will be able to do Liverpool since it’s about another 2.5 hour commute. Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Alejandra I agree with you on the “lets hope there are going to be more guys on this tour!” It is also safe in Europe to at least have a few guys in the group for the evening trips you know Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Of course TOO much estrogen is not good lol gotta be an equal amount of both sexes Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

i actually like gia the best…she seemed the most genuwine to me. this was my first season watching it…never really into it before. but i liked ali too.

• 12 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Gia was cool too….she seemed genuinely upset when she didn’t get a rose.

Here’s some phone info if you have Verizon Wireless:

Using phone in England, France, & Italy all the same. If your phone is GMS it will work(I don’t know the rates for this), but if its CDMA (like mine), then here’s your options:
    - they will send you a GMS phone to “borrow”, only if the trip < 21 days
    - It’s $9.99 for round trip shipping of the phone, and no rental fee
    - The phone must be returned within 30 days (they said to allow 2 days for transit)
    - Standard rate for calls is $1.29/minute or there is a plan where you pay $4.99 and then its $0.99/minute for calls
    - They said that to send txts its $0.50 or $0.05 to receive (not sure if this is only under the $4.99 plan or this rate either way)
    - Everything is flat rate, doesn’t matter where the calls are to
    - Its $199 if the loaner is lost or stolen
    - The global Verizon number is (800) 711-8300

I think the GMS or CDMA is the type of chip/card that is in the phone. Some models have ‘em, some don’t.

• 12 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

thanks for the reminder John, i’m going to have to give my phone carrier a call about this.

• 12 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

thanks…i do have verizon. i’m gonna have to look into this.

• 12 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

No problem!

I think I’m just going to get a calling card – just in case to call home. I’m not sure I want to go through the hassel of having a borrowed phone. It would be nice if there are different groups within the group and we wanted to meet up for dinner or late night but we’ll probably just have to go off time Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Also, 2 people I work with (one was a former travel agent) that have been to Europe said that you actually get the best rate using a credit card there because the credit card company will take the best rate during the course of the month and use it for your purchase. I’m gonna use cash, but for bigger stuff use the card.

Default_avatar

ya i’m probably gonna do the same…use my credit card and take some cash. there are a lot of ATMs in Europe now…we can use our own cards and it will give us the local currency. i hear the fees aren’t too bad. i also don’t know how much i’ll actually be using my phone…i might just not worry about it and pay the extra fee if i want to make a call or something.

• 12 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Here’s a good site someone at work sent me with pics of Rome and some info. It says there is a strict dress code at St. Peter’s.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35…rom/ET/?beginSlide=1

Default_avatar

ya i kinda wish i was going to rome now…i’ll just have to wait till next year! there’s also a dress code for all of the churches in paris

• 12 Mar 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

I have AT&T and will probably just bring my phone but only use it if i really need to. Think any of the hotels we are staying at will have courtesy computers with internet?

What time are you all getting in on the 8th? Im arriving at 10:05am. Would love to meet up with some other tourmates to help guide me to the hotel!

• 12 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

I arrive at Heathrow at 11:25am. I’m at the Imperial hotel and they show a computer icon but don’t show details about use.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion