Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London, Paris and Rome Extension MAY 8th 2010

18 Oct 2009 Dara Bee said

Default_avatar
Would love to meet anyone else who is planning on doing this tour!
  • 14 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

I am with Rogers, they offer a Travel Package which allowes you to call for cheaper long distance charges and cuts out the roaming fees Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> So I will talk and keep my phone on with no roaming fees at all Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I will have to look into it for sure.

I arrive at 9:35am and so far I know that I am staying at the Royal National but I will have to wait until I get my Contiki documets to know for sure. Anybody want to check out British museum with me before we can check in into the hotel??

• 19 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

i hear you Dana, my travel agent told me not to even think about taking a nap once getting to Londo because it might just make it worst. she said to go about doing what we need to do and then just to go bed right after we are done with the dinner. that we wil wake up feeling refreshed, i doubt that.

i just did some research about the Moulin Rouge and it’s going to cost about $203 for the dinner/show and 1/2 bottle of champagne. i’m starting to have second thoughts about going there. i’m like way over my buget with the extra hotel nights, travel and sightseeing that i’m going to put it on my “if i have $$ left over” list. such a bummer.

• 19 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

Alejandra, yes it is expensive but it is worth going! How can you go to Paris without seeing Moulin Rouge, come onSmiler<!--graemlin::)--> think about what we can do after Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> we can all go check out the Paris at night, when are you going to have an experience like this again!! Think about it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

alejandra-i heard that too…don’t sleep when you get in. my coworers travel alot and they told me that napping actually makes the jetlag worse. hoping i’ll get enough sleep on the plane on my way there to avoid that when i get into london.

ya moulin rouge is expensive…i was a little surprised when i first saw the price cause i didn’t expect it to be that much. wasn’t sure if i was gonna go either, but then i heard that it’s worth it! i’m just trying to save up a little extra for it…

• 22 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

tell me about it Dana, i’m just really hoping that Virgin Atlantic has comfortable seats,which i doubt but i’m going to make sure that i at least get a few hours of sleep on that overnight flight to London.

i’ve also heard that it’s really worth doing the Moulin Rouge so what i’m doing is that when my bday comes along next month i’m going to ask my family to just give me mula for the show. ha ha. but will see what happens, we are about 6 weeks away.

• 23 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

ya i’m hoping the seats are comfy too…think i’m gonna have to buy one of those travel neck pillows! i’ve never flown internationally before…do they have movies or anything that they show on the flights?

• 23 Mar 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

Yeah, my only hope to beat the jet lag is to get a good sleep on the plane. I might even try and get some ambien to help!

Did anyone purchase an outlet converter yet? I need to know where to get a cheap, good one.

• 23 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

i bought an outlet converter at bed bath and beyond for about $20,cheaper if you have the 20% coupon. they had some at target too for about the same price

• 23 Mar 2010 Beksta said

Beksta

Hey guys!!

I will be interested to hear from you all about your trip!!

I am thinking about doing London, Paris and Rome trip and would love to see all your photos and hear about how your trip goes?

Have fun in Europe, you’ll have the best time!!I know I did 3 years ago!!! Rome is AMAZING!!!!

Bek

• 23 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

u know what Lisa, our travel agent also told me to ask my doctor a low dose of it for the trip she said it work wonders on her. so i’ll see if i can get a hold of some.

and Dana, you should be just fine getting entertained on the plane, i know VA has a tv for every sea on the plane and they serve you food (free of charge, ha ha) so we should be okay. i need to get me a new neck pillow, the one that i have does not work on me. i might just get me lil pillow instead, we got the 2 seater side of the plane and Sabrina and i made sure we both got window seats to make it even better. and i do need to get me a power converter too, i heard the outlets over in europe are different from the ones here in the states..

• 24 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

Yeah I heard about the outlets as well, I also heard that the ones in UK differ from the ones in Paris :O So it has to be one of those high tech converters that support any plug in Europe. I need to get me a neck pillow as well, one of the foamy ones not the inflatable one. Gonna make my final payment today Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> yay I’m excited Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> about the trip not the bill lol but whatever its worth it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Mar 2010 AnGe89 said

Default_avatar

My god lol…again i dont come on here for ages and the forum explodes…really need to be more on top of it i think….this was like 4 pages back but John – a prawn is really just a big shrimp :P

28 DAYS till I fly out…cant believe it…its coming so quickly…only thing im not looking forward to is vaccinations on Monday :S Im a sook when it comes to needles!! Mel and I dont get back to London from the Great Britain and Ireland tour till 8pm on the 8th so I think we may miss dinner… not 100% sure how we’re gunna find everyone…sure am looking forward to finally meeting everyone though!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 24 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

Ange you have life, we don’t haha. j/k guys. why do you guys need to get vaccinated if i may ask?

• 24 Mar 2010 AnGe89 said

Default_avatar

haha…I dunno how much of a life lol…working like crazy…moving house and university…crazy atm. Im just getting the new flu shot and the swine flu shot…my doctor said there’s supposed to be another wave of it coming and a) kinda wanna do everything possible not to get sick while away..and b) not keen for being quarantined in another country lol

• 24 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

oye…i’m glad we don’t have to get shots before we leave! i just want this month to fly by so i can leave faster! i originally was going to go to Ireland after Paris, but I can’t afford it right now.

• 24 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

ahh ok, well i have to agreet with Dana with not having to get any shots, i’m good to go. and i also want this month and april go kinda fast, i cannot wait to get away from the states. i need out!!! i’m hatting on you Ange, i wish i could of also afford to take a 3 week vacation. maybe next year.

• 24 Mar 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Ange – somebody at work told me what prawns were…I should’ve known that cause I love shrimp!

I read some reviews for moulin rouge and people said anything from you have to see it if you’re in paris to people saying they weren’t impressed.

I’m excited for the trip but I’m even more excited to be off work! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Dana – thanks for mentioning BB&B, cause I have one of those coupons haha

• 24 Mar 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

haha no prob john…i love that place! i went shopping there for the trip right after i made my reservations!

• 25 Mar 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

i have a feeling i am going to need a vacation after this vacation lol.

• 25 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

i think it’s just the excitment of this trip that is making everyone in here go mad Lisa.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion