Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London, Paris and Rome Extension MAY 8th 2010

18 Oct 2009 Dara Bee said

Default_avatar
Would love to meet anyone else who is planning on doing this tour!
  • 27 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

I hear you Ange, I havent been on the forum in a while as well.

Lisa – I agree, we’ll be so busy venturing around Europe that we’d be tired but it would be worth it Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I wouldnt mind a cruise a few months after I come back home Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> hehe

Speaking of vaccinations and getting sick, I have to double check my travel medical insurance docs to see what I’m protected against….gotta read the fine print or else i’ll be looking at a one way ticket (god forbid!)

• 29 Mar 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

one expense less to not worry about is my ticket to Disneyland Paris, my sister works for the Disney store and some of the perks of working there is that you get free admission to all their theme parks, so she has extra tickets which will give me entry into both parks so she is giving me one of her tickets as a bday gift. that’s about 80bucks i get to save. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 29 Mar 2010 AnGe89 said

Default_avatar

haha thats awesome….how great are perks!!!! had my needles…smooth sailing from here…hopefully anyways…ive officially started counting down in weeks cause it sounds better…3 weeks till I leave Aus!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 30 Mar 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

Yeah well smooth sailing! I bought and thought of all the stuff I’m going to pack and bring with me but I still havent bought a suitcase!!! AAARRRGGGHH most of them are either too heavy and too stirdy or too light but so soft that if I imagine it under other suitcases i cringe lol NEED TO GET ME A LUGGAGE SOON!

• 6 Apr 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Wow, you guys have been quiet! haha

About a month away now! I’m surprised no new people have popped up on here….sorry girls, its official, I’m the only dude on this tour! haha jk

• 7 Apr 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

hey there, John we must of have taken a lil nap. but we are now just 30 days away from our trip, how exciting is this. I cannot wait to get out of CA and from all the earth shaking for a few days. someone else just posted that they are taking the same trip as us with the paris extension i’ve already asked for he/she to look us up here.

• 7 Apr 2010 Explorer1176468 said

Default_avatar

Hey there,
    omg I did NOT know that we all stay together and depart our own ways to Rome or Paris! No wonder I couldn’t find postings on Paris extension.

I just booked for Paris extension and I am coming from Toronto leaving on 6th in the evening. Anybody from Toronto, maybe we could depart together??

Iam so excited for this trip!!

Feel free to add me on facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/people…-Bomee-Kim/500543826

• 7 Apr 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

hey there Caitlyn, welcome to the board. we are all super excited for our trip to Europe, and i’m looking forward to getting to meet you. and yes after our Paris tour ends everyone is going in different directions, as for myself i don’t have any extensions but my friend and i will be staying in Paris one more night and the London for another. as far as anyone else from Toronto, we have Olga, but i believe she is leaving on the 7th.

• 7 Apr 2010 Explorer1176468 said

Default_avatar

Hello Alejandra and all Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I missed out so much, the thread is quite long, it took me awhile go through all lol

and OOPS my mistake, Im actually leaving on May7th!

Im VERY interested in Moulin Rouge..we MUST DO!!
    I am also down for clubbing!
    And I am thinking of visiting British Museum, I am surprised they didnt include it because its apparently the highlight of London, it takes days to finish wondering around the halls.

And,,,,do we really have only ONE guy on this trip? Hmmmm…… Confused<!--graemlin::confused:-->

• 7 Apr 2010 AnGe89 said

Default_avatar

Hi Caitlyn, nice to have somebody else new on the tour…looking forward to meeting you. 2 weeks till i arrive in London…not long now Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

P.S Dont forget the all the local guys we’ll come across :P

• 8 Apr 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

Hey Caitlyn, we are fortunate enough to have John as the only guy in the tour as far as we know, but like AnGe said, we will be coming across lots of local guys Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->.

• 8 Apr 2010 Dana2648 said

Default_avatar

wow, it’s been busy on here! caitlyn…welcome aboard! can’t wait…not too much longer now. the british museum sounds interesting…i also heard that Oxford is great to see too. i think that’s where harry potter what filmed…ya i like harry potter. so far, john’s the only one, but i’m sure they’ll be more. if not, i kinda feel sorry for him haha!

• 8 Apr 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Welcome to the tour Caitlyn!

Aw, thanks Alejandra. That’s cool you guys wanna meet the local guys, but have you seen ‘Taken’ yet? haha There’s no way I could be the only guy, but that would be funny. I’m gonna feel like I’m at Lilith Fair on this tour, except propably less lesbians haha.

I got a cowboy hat and American flag shirt to wear in Paris haha jk

I’m going to read up on the British museum and Oxford…but I’m not a Harry Potter fan Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Apr 2010 Explorer1176468 said

Default_avatar

Thanks all for the welcoming Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Yep lots of local guys hopefully, hot sexy francais garcons and posh English boys! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> I am so going to try my poor French there, I hope they don’t hate me over there lol

People may find British Museum sorta boring so I might just check it out alone when I get to London on 8th in the morning. Our first meeting is at 6pm so I will have a plenty of time to check it out.

Oxford sounds great! I do wanna see where they filmed even thought I am not exactly a HUGE fan of Harry Potter, I read all books and I think they all involve too much drama… I do think Ron is getting hotter as he gets old Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

I hope people are interested in Moulin Rouge! It will make me totally broke after the trip but that’s ok lol I can live with eating just cheap veggie for about two months…. Haha*sniff*

I dance tango as a hobby and Paris has tango dancing by the seine river in the summer but I am very disappointed that they won’t open until the end of May Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> So I am just going to check out other tango communities in Paris during free time.

And question for everyone, did you guys all get luggage insurance? I don’t know if I should get one,,, I don’t wanna waste my money on it but I also don’t want them to lose my luggage with all my souvenirs…

• 9 Apr 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

Welcome to the tour!

Did you get the trip travel insurance through contiki? I believe that covers lost/damaged luggage.

• 9 Apr 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

Don’t worry John, as long as I don’t share a cab with a stanger, especially in Paris, then I will be fine. I’m mostly interested in meeting some brit’s, maybe I find me my “Marc Darcy” while there Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->.

As far as the travel insurance, I didn’t purschase any which i’m now regreting, I only got me the flight insurance. And as far as Moulin Rouge goes I believe everyone is in on going to check it out.

• 11 Apr 2010 AnGe89 said

Default_avatar

I know i am definitely going to check out the British museum. Love the history.

I with you Alejandra… way more interested in the english/irish/scottish lads :P Hoping to meet up with some friends actually…we shall see. 9 DAYS!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 11 Apr 2010 JohnB said

JohnB

Another thing you guys may wanna do is call your credit card company if you plan to use it over there. Otherwise they will probably deactivate it and try calling you to ask about the unusual activity on the card.

The British Museum was on the video I got from Netflix…it is pretty cool, it has the Rosetta Stone, one of the original copies of the Magna Carta, etc…. http://www.britishmuseum.org/

• 12 Apr 2010 MissTraveler77 said

MissTraveler77

Wow ladies and gentleman, it is great you still keep up this thread! I haven’t had the time to come on here, been pretty busy with work and such. However I am truly glad to have met Caitlyn Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> At least now we can travel to London together, which is awesome!

Oxford street would be fun Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I want to see that buggy through the wall Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Although I am not a HUGE fan of Harry Potter either, I havent even read any of the books but I watched the first HP.

Yes John, I actually am on it Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I am going to call today and ask them to make a note on my file saying that I am planning to use my credit card there and any other specific information they would want to know.

How many Pounds and Euros are you guys planning on bringing? I am still in thought about this one…

• 12 Apr 2010 LisaErinH said

LisaErinH

I am budgeting to spend about 1000 Euros which allows me to spend about 100 a day. Ill have credit too if i need it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.