Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer Dec 10 - Jan 3

20 Feb 2011 Ozzie_Matt said

Default_avatar

Anybody thinking of doing this tour from December 10 2011 to January 3 2012...? I Just booked...Be great to hear from you ;)

....also any feedback from anyone who's done this tour?

• 18 Aug 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

Hi Michael
    I am also staying about 2.5 weeks after Contiki and hoping to go back to some of the best places!
    How exciting cant wait!
    Stace

• 19 Aug 2011 Allan said

Allan

I’ll be at the Royal National Hotel (Russel Square) @ 7am on 9 Dec…
    Would really like to find my way to the London Eye if anyone is keen to join me that day??
    See you all soon.
    Al

• 25 Aug 2011 Ian said

Ian

Hi Fellow Winter Wanderers,
    I’m booked for this tour too, travelling solo.
    Has anyone stayed or worked in the UK before? Or is anyone looking to after the tour?
    -Ian

By the way, only three and a half months to go.

• 14 Sep 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

looking at doing this tour NYE would be epic, travelling solo – anyone been on a tour before solo?

• 15 Sep 2011 Tia said

Tia

Hi,
    I’m pretty keen on booking this tour asap, and I was just wondering if anyone knows which hotel the tour departs from because the booking section gives the option to stay at the Royal National Hotel or the Imperial National Hotel or does it just pick up from both?

• 15 Sep 2011 Tia said

Tia

Yeah I google mapped it and they are really close to each other, I booked which ever one was cheaper. So excited! Less than 3 months!

• 15 Sep 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

You guys going solo ??

• 15 Sep 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

I dunno what to do about money yet either?! Is there a good card with low fees? I hear Contiki does deals with travelex cards?

• 15 Sep 2011 Tia said

Tia

I’m going solo for the first time! Hadn’t put that much thought into money, figure i’ll just take the few access cards I have for my account and hope to god I don’t lose them. Does anyone know much about the travelex cards?

danpritch

I’ll be going solo too – first trip also bit nervous haha yeah bot to sure about money too, I know you can go to travel agents and get money put onto travelex cards that work at most if not all overseas banks and ATMs… I’m going to find put more details when I go see the travel agent this week so keep you Guys posted

• 15 Sep 2011 Tia said

Tia

Find out if you get charged fees at ATMs when you use the travelex card, cause if not that could make it a winner. I can see myself losing lots of money to ATM fees

danpritch

No worries Will do. Yep me too lots and lots

• 15 Sep 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

Hey, I just found this information about special deals Contiki offers with Travelex cards.
    If your interested go to the top of this page and click on where it say “My Contiki”
    …It then comes up with your “My Contiki member dashboard”
    Scroll down to the section “Contiki Clients” and select “Benefits”.
    It leads to a link that has the below information :)

Travelex
    Get more “Perks” for less with a prepaid travel money card

The Travelex Cash Passport Card gives Contiki customers easy access to cash from any Visa ATM worldwide and allows you to purchase from over 24 million Visa retailers FEE FREE. Buy your Travelex Cash Passport through Contiki Perks and you:

• Pay zero % commission

• Get great exchange rates

• Can choose to collect your cards from over 3200 Australia Posts

• Have the choice of ATM or Debit cards or both

• Can purchase more than one currency card

• Can reload your cards with extra cash any time, anywhere

Which card are you taking this holiday?

• Debit cards available in US$, GB£, EU€, NZ$ or AUD

ATM cards available in US$, GB£, EU€, NZ$, HK$, AUD or SG$

Hope this helps :)

• 18 Sep 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

You get two cards to access the account, and they can be used at any ATM
    where there is a Mastercard symbol, there is a fee to withdraw from an ATM,
    and anytime you use it at an EFTPOS machine it will be a free withdrawal.

• 4 Oct 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

whats with the spam?

• 4 Oct 2011 Miche_D said

Miche_D

that was kind of annoying…. buton a bette note.. ITS GETTING CLOSER!!!!!! :)

• 4 Oct 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

Yay Miche!

• 5 Oct 2011 Miche_D said

Miche_D

where is everyone staying after the tour?? still nto sure where to stay :(

• 5 Oct 2011 Michael said

Michael

Well for me I don’t exactly know yet where I’m going to go after the tour yet :p
    My plan is to use the tour to get my bearings around some of the cities and then I’ll head back to the ones I want to explore more when we’re done. I’m also considering trying couchsurfing (http://www.couchsurfing.org/home.html) to meet up with some locals and save a bit of cash. Otherwise… I’ve got a trusty travel guide and will be using it to find hostels!

• 5 Oct 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

Similar to you Michael I would like to head back to the places that I would like to explore more so I haven’t made plans for after the tour. I most likely will stay in hostels but I am going to check out what couch surfing is!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.