Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer Dec 10 - Jan 3

20 Feb 2011 Ozzie_Matt said

Default_avatar

Anybody thinking of doing this tour from December 10 2011 to January 3 2012...? I Just booked...Be great to hear from you ;)

....also any feedback from anyone who's done this tour?

• 5 Oct 2011 Michael said

Michael

I forgot to mention too with hostels.. make sure you get yourself a YHA student or concession membership before you go (http://www.yha.com.au/membership/yha-membership/)
    It will get you potential discounts at lots of hostels and sometimes attractions and thousands of hostels around the world… worth the ~$45 fee for sure

• 5 Oct 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

Thanks Michael I will defiantly get the YHA student card :)

• 5 Oct 2011 Ian said

Ian

After the tour?
    England & Scotland (Winter) tour, departing on the 7th of Jan?

• 5 Oct 2011 Miche_D said

Miche_D

aww me an my friend depart the 6th of jan cause we are in england a week before the tour! just dont no what hotel/hostel to stay at for the extra few days!

• 5 Oct 2011 Ozzie_Matt said

Default_avatar

I’m pretty much the same as you miche :( – heading home the day after the tour…. I get to London on the 3th Dec so I have the week there before the tour starts!

• 5 Oct 2011 Howie said

Howie

I’m also on the same boat, heading home on the 6th of Jan. Planning on staying in London after the Contiki because I’m staying up in Newcastle pre the trip. Would definitely be up for finding a hotel/hostel to continue the party for a few more days :D

• 5 Oct 2011 Ian said

Ian

I’ve booked the Imperial Hotel before and after the tour, hope it’s alright.

• 6 Oct 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

Ill be staying an extra week in london – hopefully people staying in london after are keen to keep going haha!

danpritch

also – were is everybody flying from?

• 6 Oct 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

Hi Dan, I am staying an extra 2.5 weeks flying from WA :)

danpritch

Im flying from WA also leaving from Perth International airport :) im from up north in karratha

Annastacia♥

When are you flying out Dan?

danpritch

10.10PM 7th December midnight horror flight can be expecting some jet lag – have 2 days before the tour… what about yourself?

Annastacia♥

ha ha I’m flying out the 6th December short stop over in KL then on to London!

• 6 Oct 2011 Ashley said

Ashley

Hey, I’m going on this trip also. Is anyone from Gold Coast?
    And Ian are you doing the england/scotland tour? becuase i booked that also.

• 6 Oct 2011 Scott O'Brien said

Default_avatar

hey, im flying from perth as well on the 8th, then i fly out of london on the 3rd and go to dabui for a few days.

im staying at the Royal National

danpritch

@annastacia thats cool stopping over in singapore and hong kong on the way home. Have you started to pack yet? were im from there is no such thing as winter – never gets below 30 degrees.

What airline did everyone go with?

• 6 Oct 2011 Ashley said

Ashley

Going to be nice and cold Dan, and think im flying with Arab Emirates. You?

danpritch

hi mate – yeah sick of the hot weather should be good.Flying with Qantas – Emirates are sweet supposed to be the best airline in the world.

Annastacia♥

Dan I know! I am from South of Perth and we hardly get winter well in comparison to Karratha we do but nothing compared to Europe.

I haven’t packed yet but I will pack thick winter coats, jeans, boots, scarves, gloves, beanie, going out clothes (my friends went on Contiki and they said they didnt pack enough going out clothes which was a shame because they went out nearly every night) and probably lots of things I can layer like long sleeve shirts and singlets! I am not to sure on the temperature though I mean I assume it will get warmer as we approach the equator but does anyone know how much warmer?

Also does anyone know if we do anything special for CHRISTMAS??!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.