Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer Dec 10 - Jan 3

20 Feb 2011 Ozzie_Matt said

Default_avatar

Anybody thinking of doing this tour from December 10 2011 to January 3 2012...? I Just booked...Be great to hear from you ;)

....also any feedback from anyone who's done this tour?

• 6 Oct 2011 Ashley said

Ashley

Yeah i just flew back with them, they are amazing. And yeah im so over hot weather i want a nice cold holiday.. Is anyone going to ireland after the tour ?

• 6 Oct 2011 j3rM$ said

Default_avatar

Hey there, can i ask a few things.?

i’m interested in this tour. first we will take ferry to get across and once there the whole tour will be via coach all the way for the next 24 days? Hopefully someone who has done this tour before can answer my question. and if its really coach all the way.. wouldnt that be kinda wasting time traveling around the countries especially if the destination is far away?

• 6 Oct 2011 Ashley said

Ashley

Hey simoney, yeww another gold coaster I’m not alone. YOu going solo or few mates ? Manchester sweet I’m doing Ireland for a few weeks after should be sick. Haha about the pack that funny, just bring a suit case then that’s all you need.

• 9 Oct 2011 Ian said

Ian

Yeah, I’m booked for the Scotland tour.

Flying with Qantas/British Airways, departing from Sydney on the 5th.

• 10 Oct 2011 Chad said

Chad

Hey everyone.

Im coming along, so excited its going to be awsome. Im flying out from Perth on the 8th Dec and am staying on after for 2-4 weeks looking at exploring england and ireland some more. hopefully when the time comes some people from the tour are keen to do the same thing.

• 13 Oct 2011 Elyse. said

Default_avatar

Me and my friend Amanda are also doing this tour :) cant wait.. only 2 months to go

Default_avatar

p.s we are doing more of london and then Ireland after the tour

• 13 Oct 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

@Annastacia – Yeah you got that right – going to be a big change from the old balmy WA summer days haha. Yeah still in a bit of a pickle with what to pack need to start buying winter stuff – currently own nothing winter related. And not sure what the go is with christmas – we should all organise something as the trip progresses. Ill be having My 22nd, Christmas and new years in europe! going to be epic!

Also staying at imperial hotel after the tour – i can see see there is a few of us hopefully we can keep on partying/exploring!

Anyone done AM-sterdam for New years before? ive heard its hectic as one can only imagine ha ha

• 13 Oct 2011 Chad said

Chad

hey Elyse have you booked any sort of tour for ireland or you thinking of just winging it. Iv been looking at the shamrock tours but i was thinking of booking over there or maybe just winging with whoever wants to go there by the sounds of things there should be a few.

Default_avatar

nah we are winging it lol we booked accomodation at the Generator hostel over there, meant to be really good. Yeah would be cool if there was a few of us wanting to go.

• 15 Oct 2011 Amanda said

Amanda

Hey fellow Contiki Kids!

Im friends with Elyse (Above) hahaha We are super dooper excited to be leaving the Sydney shores to begin our European Adventures with you all!

• 15 Oct 2011 Amanda said

Amanda

… And Amsterdam is ranked in the top 5 for most amazing New Years Party destinations in the World so let the fun and games begin. =]

• 15 Oct 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

Agreed! Going to be off the hook !

• 15 Oct 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

Hi Simone, I am packing heels for when we go out clubbing, Moulin Rouge and for New Years! I was thinking of taking a pair or two?! Are you packing long sleeve dresses?

• 16 Oct 2011 Elyse. said

Default_avatar

I think ill take wedges for the nights out and boots and cons too :) and yeah long sleeve dresses my friend said theres cloak rooms everywhere and all places are so over heated so we should be fine as long as we layer :). i know what you mean its so hard to know what to take haha yay not long now :) :)

• 16 Oct 2011 Jenny_B said

Jenny_B

Hi guys, thought I’d join in on the convo – being we only have 8 weeks to go!!
    Chad – what flight are you on from Perth? My friend Scott and my brother will also be flying out with me on the 8th Dec from Perth…
    Girls – I think I’ll take a pair of high heel booties for nights out, but for the most part I’ll just stick to flats. I’m actually going to wait until we get to London before buying any big winter coats etc, being that they’ll be more suited to the weather and much cheaper than trying to find something in Aus. I’ve also been told that they’re are cloak rooms everywhere so I’m not too worried about dresses…

• 16 Oct 2011 Miche_D said

Miche_D

7 and a half weeks guys!!!! ill be taking one long sleaved dress just incase i think! but as for shoes im struggling! this restricted weight is becoming an issue for me i think!!!

• 17 Oct 2011 Miche_D said

Miche_D

i dont really no, i read they only check it at the beginning of the tour and not throught..maybe just wear ur heaviest stuff haga thats my plan!

• 17 Oct 2011 Explorer1306753 said

Default_avatar

Hey! me and my mate are confirmed for this tour starting on the 10th dec! So pumped! Anyone done these sorta tours before?? need some advise on finance etc. how much do we need to bring?

• 17 Oct 2011 Chad said

Chad

Hey Jenny im flying Qantas QF0071 (if they dont strike or crash). it departs Perth at 3:30, are your brother and friend going on the contiki too. I hope i can get some sleep and dont get too jet lagged with just the one day to get over it, but i think a couple drinks and realising im in Europe on contiki will get me over it pretty quick anyway haha. You staying on after contiki?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion