Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer Dec 10 - Jan 3

20 Feb 2011 Ozzie_Matt said

Default_avatar

Anybody thinking of doing this tour from December 10 2011 to January 3 2012...? I Just booked...Be great to hear from you ;)

....also any feedback from anyone who's done this tour?

• 20 Oct 2011 Miche_D said

Miche_D

hey! yeh im staying at the royal national! think who ever else we should all meet up the night before the tour starts for a drink or two!! pretty exciting…!!! im there for 5 weeks in total and thinking $5,000 hope thats enough! anyone planning on doing the optionals? :)

• 20 Oct 2011 Michael said

Michael

im at the royal national too. meeting up night before is a good idea. I think we’ll all be meeting anyway though for the ‘kick-start’ meeting at approx 6:00pm according to my documentation. So maybe we can all head out from there… though im guessing we don’t wanna get too messy as gotta meet at 6:45am for depature the next morning!!

• 20 Oct 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

Hey guys im staying at royal national before the tour, would be awesome to have a few bevs before hand with people! Does anyone have the link for the facebook page?

Miche- yeah some of the optionals look cool the clubbing one is defnately a go-er what ones u looking at?

• 20 Oct 2011 Miche_D said

Miche_D

yeh defantly that one! i dont no eally i hear a few of them are pretty good! def do the moulin rouge just cause im in paris and why not! has anyone got their paper work yet?
    the link is .. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Winter-Wanderer-Contiki-10th-December-2011/191851080866294

• 29 Oct 2011 corriehartley said

corriehartley

Hey guys Corrie from Hervey bay Queensland Aus here
    i just booked and paid for this tour today ,…
    Im so excited woooo

• 9 Nov 2011 Chad said

Chad

Hey, im on the second bus too but im staying at the royal national before the tour just because its one of the places contiki pick people up from. do contiki pick up from there? if not i think generator is pretty central so getting to a pick up place shouldnt be too hard.

• 9 Nov 2011 Chad said

Chad

I get there on the 8th or 9th it sucks that i dont get there earlier but oh well.
    you staying a while after the tour?

• 9 Nov 2011 Chad said

Chad

thats awsome im so jealous thats exactly what i wanted to do i even have a british passport so i can work but just trying to get the time is the hard part. you got any idea/plans of where you want to go after the tour?

• 9 Nov 2011 Chad said

Chad

some people on here were saying that someone told them to expect around $120-$130 a day if your doing pretty much everything with contiki (meals etc) and its is cheaper if find your own place too eat. I guess most people are going on the tour then maybe a week extra then home so they are planning to splurge as there not there as long as you will be. I still dont know about $1000 for the 24 days though, thats roughly $40 a day. 2 meals and what ever is happening that day/night is what i expect i will have to spend each day.
    Im just taking extra and leaving it in an account so if i need it i can just transfer it.

• 9 Nov 2011 Mia G said

Mia G

My sister and I (from vic) are also doing this tour, we were thinking around $5000 as well. Along with credit cards and all that :) We just got cash passports that the travel agent suggested and will see how we go with those. You would be amazed the amount of winter clothes around in Australia when you actually look! We are thinking of buying most here and some in London. As for dresses and heels- I am DEFINATLY bringing both! I’ve read other forums and they all say if there was one thing they regretted it was that. As for after the trip, we are backpacking/doing whatever the hell we want for 4 weeks, but no real set plan yet, we were thinking we would just see what others were doing and see where it takes us! Then we are stopping in Singapore on the way back to relax by the pool in the stinking hot weather and drink cocktails for a few days! And by the way, this is my schoolies so I guess the rest of you are just going to have to act like toolies!! So excited, less than a month now!!! Were also staying at the Royal National for 2 nights before the tour so if anyone wants to have drinks we’re keen!

• 9 Nov 2011 Mia G said

Mia G

Haha don’t be scared about flying alone just make friends with the people sitting next to you ;) I always do it haha it makes things so fun! + how is everyone communicating with home? I was thinking ill just buy a prepaid sim over there but I was also going to bring my ipad.. But everyone keeps saying don’t because it will get stolen so i’m not sure?!

• 9 Nov 2011 Chad said

Chad

I am the most un-photogenic person so ill stay out the shot and try not to ruin your art haha.
    As for after I have 4-6 weeks to see the sites but im exactly like you guys i dont have a plan and im just going to wing it I do know i want to see ireland. Im at the royal national too for the 9th so im in for a drink.
    I was going to bring my phone, europe has free wifi and im going to try skype,

• 9 Nov 2011 corriehartley said

corriehartley

So excited about this tour :) ..
    Only 29days left..
    I’m also traveling solo and will be staying in the royal from the 8th ..

• 9 Nov 2011 corriehartley said

corriehartley

So excited about this tour :) ..
    Only 29days left..
    I’m also traveling solo and will be staying in the royal from the 8th ..

• 10 Nov 2011 Ian said

Ian

Hey Jaime, did you check for vacancies at the Imperial hotel? seems to be just down the road from the Royal!
    Is anybody thinking of travelling to Scandinavia after the tours?

• 10 Nov 2011 Explorer1307323 said

Default_avatar
    Calorie Calculator

this is very nice place to visit in winter time.i have already started stocking up on clothes because i no soon they will bring out summer clothes and the winter ones will be all gone.

• 10 Nov 2011 Miche_D said

Miche_D

did everyone go and get their papers?! makes it so real that its coming so soon! im preparing for horribly cold so when i get their im o this aint so bad haha not sure how that will turn out!

• 11 Nov 2011 Amanda said

Amanda

Yeah I’m getting mine in London too! Actually I’m buying a lot of my wardrobe in London I have hardly any warm clothes haha. Not long to go now woooo!

• 11 Nov 2011 maddi said

maddi

HEY HEY kids…I am Maddi and i am 17 turning 18 b4 the trip.. I am sooo excited… booked my trip a while now but just checked in…I am very nervous but it gonna be sweet. Arriving in London on the 2nd of december and staying with my sister

• 14 Nov 2011 Robin said

Robin

Hey everyone! I’m from Seattle, Washington but I’ve been working in the UK for the past couple months. I see that mostly everyone here is from Australia (I actually haven’t seen any Americans here). I’ve worked with a couple Australians and you guys are awesome. So I’m about to book this tour and contacted an agent, and she said that the 2 buses will be 2 separate tours. So it seems like Bus 1 will be a totally different tour from Bus 2. Does anyone know anything about that?

Also, my work assignment is done on Dec 4 and I’ll probably just hang around London until the tour. Anyone wanna meet up?

Thanks, see you guys soon!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.