Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer Dec 10 - Jan 3

20 Feb 2011 Ozzie_Matt said

Default_avatar

Anybody thinking of doing this tour from December 10 2011 to January 3 2012...? I Just booked...Be great to hear from you ;)

....also any feedback from anyone who's done this tour?

• 15 Nov 2011 Explorer1307323 said

Default_avatar
    Age Calculator one time come in india then you know about there whether.
  • 15 Nov 2011 Robin said

Robin

Yea, the agent said there’s no way to have a tour with 2 buses with 100 people. Each bus will have its own tour guide. I’m not sure about if you book and paid after July, then you’re on bus 2 because both buses are actually still open and I had still had a choice to book on either buses.

• 15 Nov 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

Simone I booked early so I am guessing I am bus one too! What a shame if its two tours.

• 15 Nov 2011 Ben said

Ben

Oh is there a list? Btw I’m staying at Generator for the 2 days before (and probably the 2 after) :)

• 15 Nov 2011 Robin said

Robin

i just finalized my booking! so i spoke to a different agent today and he told me something different than the agent i spoke to yesterday. he said that the 2 buses are 1 tour. the only difference is there’s 2 buses since it’s so popular but everyone should still be able to meet and see each other. i don’t really know which agent to believe. anyway, it should be fun!

Ben and Jaime, i might stay at the generator too. have you guys booked yet?

• 16 Nov 2011 Chad said

Chad

I was told that they are exactly the same and we can switch buses etc and that the only reason its under 2 tours is because they are only allowed so many people per tour and they had more, but quite a few people have said they heard its run as 2 separate tours who knows maybe i just got a lady on her first day and decided to make something up maybe Robin got some one on their first day. Either way we have to be in the same cities, same tours (activities), same day so i would think every one would get to know everyone anyway and surely new years they would get both groups together the more the merrier. Im on bus 2 then if they are separate and i heard that’s the cool kids bus haha ;).

• 16 Nov 2011 Amanda said

Amanda

HAHAHAH! all this bus talk is confusing. We have all been told different stuff so I guess we will find out on the day but my sister had 2 buses with her tour and they met up most the time. So im sure we will all be fine … double the friends woo!

And im staying at the generator after the tour ends with my friend too so for those of you who will be kicking on in London we can Party =]

• 16 Nov 2011 Miche_D said

Miche_D

ahh i was starting to think my friend and i were the only ones on bus one! thankfully not!! :) we are also staying at the generator but for 4 nights after the tour and then we fly home… :(

• 16 Nov 2011 Robin said

Robin

chad, i thought bus 1 is where all the cool kids are at haha. yea, i’m sure we’ll all be fine. being able to visit 10 different countries, it should be a blast! for those staying at hostels before or after the tour, are you guys bringing backpacks or luggages?

• 16 Nov 2011 Ashley said

Ashley

Robin I’m taking a backpack as I’m backpacking Scotland and Ireland afterwards then Asia. But suppose if ur just doing the tour I’d say you’d go luggage. Just a random question is anyone backpacking Asia/south America within the next yr I’m doing both just wandering if anyone is ? Thanks

• 16 Nov 2011 Robin said

Robin

hey asha, that’s great man. you should have a great time! i visited Scotland earlier this month and Asia last month. i was actually thinking of backpacking Europe but i decided to do this tour instead. maybe, i’ll still backpack for the days before the tour.

• 16 Nov 2011 Ashley said

Ashley

I love backpacking only doing a tour cos I have limited time until university starts again. Otherwise I would have done it myself, not a big fan of contiki style. Did you do china/India or just south east ?

• 16 Nov 2011 Robin said

Robin

i just a couple countries in the southeast. i actually didn’t backpack, it was more of a vacation since my work was paying for it :) i wish they paid for the contiki too! i’ve also been going on weekend trips to take advantage of the time i’m here in the UK, actually goin to Amsterdam this weekend. but it won’t compare to NYE in Amsterdam!

• 16 Nov 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

Should me make a Facebook group people can add that are in London prior to the tour that want to meet up before hand just an idea??

• 16 Nov 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

We*

• 16 Nov 2011 Amanda said

Amanda

Yes that’s a good idea.

• 17 Nov 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Winter-Wanderer-Contiki-10th-December-2011/191851080866294?sk=wall this is the facebook group for the Winter Wanderer tour maybe you could post it all there??? xx

• 17 Nov 2011 Allan said

Allan

Hello everyone. I’m traveling solo and I’m from South Africa. I will be arriving at 7am on 9 Dec 2011 and staying over at the Royal National Hotel before and after. I’m keen to explore the UK a little on the 9th if anyone is keen to join me. Maybe find our way to the London Eye etc etc… Looking forward meeting you all!

• 17 Nov 2011 Explorer1250571 said

Default_avatar

hello all. Just saw this thead and we(partner and I) are also on this tour. we are probably the oldest in the group then(way pass 30 now!). Hopefully we will be able to mix in well with the group.
    did anyone check out your contiki pack? i had a look at the itinerary and hotels, did some poking online on the hotels and the reviews from Trip advisor on the Paris and Lucerne accommodation are not good. :(
    One of the review on the Lucerne accommodation was from a fellow Contiki traveler.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g227615-d612057-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Garden_Court_Paris_Porte_de_Saint_Ouen-Saint_Ouen_Ile_de_France.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1124758-d1199561-Reviews-or10-Hotel_Central_Kriens-Kriens.html#REVIEWS

• 17 Nov 2011 Explorer1307323 said

Default_avatar

Online Calculator

It’s really great place for holidays.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion