Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer Dec 10 - Jan 3

20 Feb 2011 Ozzie_Matt said

Default_avatar

Anybody thinking of doing this tour from December 10 2011 to January 3 2012...? I Just booked...Be great to hear from you ;)

....also any feedback from anyone who's done this tour?

• 17 Nov 2011 Annastacia♥ said

Annastacia♥

Lets try to remain positive regarding the bad reviews. I have read numerous reviews on the contiki forums regarding people having an awful time and then the complete opposite where people have had the time of there lives. I’m opting for option two! Its going to be amazing :)

• 17 Nov 2011 Allan said

Allan

I agree Annastacia… Personally I don’t really care about the Hotels. All I want is shower facility, a bed to crash on and some breakfast in the morning, other than that… It’s about explore…explore..explore. Don’t worry to much about the reviews. Until then…

• 18 Nov 2011 Ashley said

Ashley

It’s how you make it, if you go in with a negative attitude you will have a bad time vice versa… Aslong as I see some history I don’t care if I sleep on the floor. Haha

• 19 Nov 2011 corriehartley said

corriehartley

Allan & Asha
    Im the same i dont get a shit were we stay or if we are sleeping on a floor lol as long as we all have fun and make the most of this trip..
    Woo woo woo

• 19 Nov 2011 Explorer1321243 said

Default_avatar

In general, “the wanderer” is seeking a new king or a “gold lord”, which is also a literary term called a kenning and can be refered back to Anglo-Saxon poetry.
    Rederme

• 22 Nov 2011 Explorer1322665 said

Default_avatar

See you soon!!!

• 23 Nov 2011 Sally_Battersby said

Sally_Battersby

Not long now! :) I leave for London in three sleeps!! Can’t wait! This will be so much fun! :D

Myself and a gf are coming this year, and we can’t wait!

Jamie – Alot of the hotels have wifi, You can get a travel sim at the Contiki Basement which has pretty good roaming rates, but all the Starbucks (all 4 billion of them) have wifi as well as mcdonalds and a heap of other places.

• 24 Nov 2011 Sally_Battersby said

Sally_Battersby

Hey Jamie! I’ll have to check out the tmobile rates! I’m from Brisbane, where are you from? When do you get into London? I’m flying this Saturday! Have barely packed anything and am still trying to get everything organised! haha

• 24 Nov 2011 Ben said

Ben

Anyone know if there was any benefit to getting the travelex card through contiki, compared to buying it through Australia Post? Tried to find out but the perks site is being renovated :(

• 24 Nov 2011 Sally_Battersby said

Sally_Battersby

Ben, why dont you open a NAB account that has no fees from overseas atms?

Jamie! Ah loooove the sunny coast! I’m staying in a hotel in Paddington. I hear the Generator is a bit wild! haha At least it’s nice and close to Russell Square though!

Might have to organise for a drink or something a couple of nights before we go! I know there will be drinks the night of orientation as the pub is just upstairs from the Contiki Basement, it’s cheap and cheerful! An

Are you on the facebook page for the tour? http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Winter-Wanderer-Contiki-10th-December-2011/191851080866294?sk=wall&filter=1

• 24 Nov 2011 Ryan Phoenix said

Ryan Phoenix

Hey just booked for the Dec 10th, time to kick start this bad boy =P!

• 24 Nov 2011 maddi said

maddi

hey where do we meet up on our first day, cant find it on my documents?

• 24 Nov 2011 Ryan Phoenix said

Ryan Phoenix

umm…i think its ‘The Royal National Hotel Bedford way, Russell Square’

• 24 Nov 2011 maddi said

maddi

Ok sweet thanks for that!

• 25 Nov 2011 Sally_Battersby said

Sally_Battersby

Maddi, Ryan is right, it’s the Royal National Hotel, the Contiki Basement is below the Royal National, I believe we have an orientation hour or something the night before we actually leave on the 10th.

• 25 Nov 2011 Ryan Phoenix said

Ryan Phoenix

Yeah just add each other on Facebook, would be a lot easier, Ryan Daniel Phoenix!

• 25 Nov 2011 danpritch said

danpritch

Hey guys anyone in london prior to the tour and want to meet up for a drink add this Facebook page. That way we can add everyones facebook and see how many people we can get prior and arrange a location :) ( i added this cause we all have facebook and its the easiest way to communicate)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Contiki-Winter-Wanderer-10th-Dec-Pre-meet-up/201465283266778

• 30 Nov 2011 Explorer1309231 said

Default_avatar

are there any non-aussies in this tour?

• 2 Dec 2011 Ryan Phoenix said

Ryan Phoenix

Pretty sure the majority are Aussies lol

• 7 Dec 2011 MightyMark said

MightyMark

im booked for this date too. cant wait…but have NO idea how much to pack lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion