Community_discussions_small  

Question

Laptop

20 Feb 2011 Ashlie asked

Ashlie

Im going on my first contiki tour in November this year im doing the best of the usa. Just wondering would it be worthwhile taking my laptop with me or not? Do many people usually take their laptop?

• 23 Feb 2011 Michael Dalz said

Michael Dalz

Hey Ashlie, I did the Grand northern tour last year and there were about 6-7 people of the 50 who had laptops or smaller netbooks. They did come in handy for those who had them as all the hotels we stayed at offered free wireless internet (one or two you had to pay to be fair) however if you have an iPhone or other smart phone this will be fine as you will be able to connect and check emails/banking that way. All rooms are secure so theres no issues with them becoming stolen on the tour but I did hear of people who stayed in hostels and had them stolen before/after the tour. In Summary, best thing I reckon to to is use your phone or the computers in each of the hotel lobbies rather than brining a lap top. hope this helps!

• 24 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Thanks Michael,
    Ill be going on the Grand Northern in September and i was in two minds about taking my laptop but now i will be. :) I dont have an IPhone so my laptop will be my main way to communicate to my friends and family at home.
    Did you enjoy the Grand Northern? What were the Hotels like?

:D Kylie

• 24 Feb 2011 Michael Dalz said

Michael Dalz

Hi Kylie, The hotels on the grand northern are awesome. They are the sort of hotels you would pay $200 a night for anywhere else. (Towels, Soap, Shampoos all included) That’s not just in one place either, all 24 nights you stay in hotels in your own Queen Size bed. Awesome value when you think about what you pay and what it would cost to book a hotel. The Grand Northern is awesome, you’ll have a great time!

• 24 Feb 2011 Steffanie said

Steffanie

I’m doing the grand southern this summer and i will take my mini laptop with me. Before and after the tour i wll stay in a hotel. So this must be going right.

• 26 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Yay, well i did the Grand Southern in 09 and that was queen beds all the way too… So im glad that its the same… :)

• 28 Feb 2011 Explorer1236133 said

Default_avatar

Hey thanks for sharing this information, and i am glad to read this article,,, its really very important for me…
    Best Wrinkle Cream

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion