Community_discussions_small  

Question

Spending money for 6 months travelling?

26 Feb 2011 Chris713 asked

Default_avatar

I want to know how much money I will need to save for 6 months travelling?

I am doing around 4-5 months in UK/Europe and then 2 months in America.

I have around $30,000 saved with flights already paid for and 3 contiki tours already booked and paid. Is this more than enough to travel comfortably without being too stingey with everything? Obviously I'm not just going to splurge on everything and will save where I can but don't want to be worrying about money all the time.

Advice please!

Thanks

• 26 Feb 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

Friends and I are planning to spend 6 months in Europe next year and we were talking about 20000 AUD as a tentative budget. We’re all students though, so this is kind of a rough estimation of how much we could realistically earn coupled with how much we want to spend. I have no idea if this is feasible or not, so I’d be interested to see how you go!

I imagine that the sort of accommodation you want and your general itinerary would impact the sort of budget you want.

• 26 Feb 2011 Chris713 said

Default_avatar

Yeah I think $20,000 is probably about the right amount if you watch what you spend, I’m just paranoid haha

• 26 Feb 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

I understand completely – imagine going all that way and running out of money! So not fun!! I’m hoping I’ll have more than that when I go, cause I sure as hell don’t want to miss out on anything cause my fundage ran out fingers crossed. When are you going?

• 26 Feb 2011 Chris713 said

Default_avatar

I’m going in May! First Dubai, then Europe, and America at the end.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.