Community_discussions_small  

Question

Turkey & Greek Island Odyssey 2011

26 Feb 2011 Sue asked

Sue

Hi anyone going for this trip on 26 April 11 to 6 May 11? =)

• 4 Mar 2011 Sue said

Sue

hey thats awesome! i am sooooo looking forward too.. i’m sue btw
    r u on a solo trip?

who else going? hmmm

• 14 Mar 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

Hey, I am Phillip from Australia, I am currently looking at tours and I think I am going to book this one, seems the best way to see turkey and greece. I have been working in the UK on a visa for the last 2 years and I am doing some travel before I head back to Australia, are either of you doing any other travel while your here?

• 14 Mar 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

yeah it looks like a good tour, i plan to head overland to eastern Europe and maybe through Italy again too, are you flying straight to Turkey or via somewhere else first?

• 15 Mar 2011 RohanNZ said

RohanNZ

Hey Im booked in too! Im Rohan from New Zealand. I head to Europe at the start of April and am travelling for the rest of the year, by myself at this stage but Im sure there will be no shortage of other travellers to meet along the way!

• 16 Mar 2011 Sue said

Sue

Hey all. Great to see all other travellers here. I’m sure we’re gona have a blast.
    Can’t wait for April!!
    I’ll be flying from Singapore straight to Istanbul =)
    Ya i wished i could travel that long too.
    We should add each other in facebook! i’ve added natasha already. =)

• 20 Mar 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

Ok so I have booked the tour! I will get into Istanbul the day before on the 26th of April, anyone else coming early? I am also staying an extra day in Athens.
    Hey Rohan, Are you flying into London? I work in a hotel there, also what are your travel plans when you finish the Contiki, I am looking at catching a train up to Vienna where my friend lives, as for facebook, phillby96@hotmail.com if anyone wants to add,

• 21 Mar 2011 RohanNZ said

RohanNZ

I fly into Dublin and have bought a train pass to get across central europe, then flying from Hungary to Istanbul. Not really sure about after. Im keen to spend a few days in Greece then maybe Italy? I figure I’ll just see where the mood takes me!

• 23 Mar 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

Good to see some more people looking the tour up, I am arriving in Istanbul on the 26th and staying at the same hotel as we are in the tour, anyone else wanna met up the day or night before???

• 24 Mar 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

I am up for meeting up in istanbul, whats the name of your hotel in Athens kimberley? Looking forward to a great tour!

• 26 Mar 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

yeah i wanna see the cistern too, maybe we should look at a time and place to meet? like at the hotel at a certain time or something?
    I cant wait for this tour!!!!

• 26 Mar 2011 Sue said

Sue

Hi Aini!!! Hahahaha..i had a good laugh! told u i posted one on this forum.
    Anyway, are we all staying @ the same hotel? why not we meet at the hotel lobby or something

• 26 Mar 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

Sounds Like a plan, I arrive in Istanbul at 1pm on the 26th of April, we are all stayin in the same hotel, so I guess we just work out when everyone arrives and try to make a time to meet up, ha I remember doing this 2 years ago when I first came to Europe and did a Contiki from London!
    Also is anyone doing further travel after the tour finishes apart from a few extra days in Athens? I am planning a train Journey up to Vienna

• 27 Mar 2011 RohanNZ said

RohanNZ

I arrive at 4pm on the 26th but will probably stay at a hostel as Im trying to make my funds stretch as long as possible so I dont have to work! But I can meet you guys at the hotel the next morning to go out for the day. Or even for a drink the night before?

• 31 Mar 2011 AusTraveller said

Default_avatar

Hi, I’m Claire and my boyfriend and I are coming on this tour. We’re from Australia but we’ll be flying in from London on the 27th. Like Natasha, we won’t be getting in until about 4:30pm, which seems to mean we’ll miss the kickstart. :( I really wish we weren’t missing it because this is our first Contiki tour and we have no idea what we’re supposed to do! Oh well, looking forward to meeting you all!

• 31 Mar 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

hey claire, if you miss the kickstart make sure you check in online. and i guess you just meet the contiki rep the next day. I live in london at the moment and work in a hotel, so if you want any tipss on london let me know!
    i am up for a drink on the 26th, again we can meet in the hotel lobby, also up to meet for sightseeing as soon as I arrive as i am only flying from london so wont be too tired, just have to work out where

• 8 Apr 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

well i got everything ready to go, accept for my accommodation in athens. whose staying a few nights in athens at the end? I looked at the athens gate kimberly, but i gotta stretch my budget as far as possible, so its a little to expensive for me,

• 9 Apr 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

Yeah I al looking at all the hotels, just interested to see where everyone is staying is all. As for Istanbul, I arrive on the 26th and should get to the hotel around 1 or 2 pm. so would be keen to meet anyone around 3pm for some sight seeing. Also think we could meet for a drink on the night of the 26th, maybe at like 7pm in the Lobby of the hotel?
    And as for the 27th, same deal I guess, meet up in the morning for some siteseeing!! Gonna be awesome!!

• 12 Apr 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

Yeah I am stokedI will be there on the 26th, maybe we can meet for a drink on the night of the 26th? THen in the morning of the 27th for some siteseeing, saying around 9am?

• 19 Apr 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

ok so we gotta get something organised,
    Ainirohani, by the time I get to the hotel should be around 3pm, So if your keen for some afternoon sightseeing, i can meet up with you at say 3:30pm?
    ROahn I am up for a drink too, maybe we can meet back at the hotel around 7pm in the lobbe for a drink on the 26th?
    As as for the 27th, like I said how about 9am in the lobby for a day of sites?
    It sounds all good but i guess it might be hard to spot each other, unless we just look for the people who look like they are looking for other people :)

• 23 Apr 2011 phillbyinthe UK said

phillbyinthe UK

Well I have no idea what the reception looks like But I guess if we say meet next to the Reception desk? Any other ideas? Or we can just add people from here on facebook so we can get more of an idea of what people look like? if you wanna add me my email address is phillby96@hotmail.com.
    Also how is everyone getting from the airport to the hotel? I looked at the bus and the tram, but wondering if there is maybe an easier option?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.