Community_discussions_small  

Question

What is happening with christchurch at the moment

27 Feb 2011 carebear85 asked

carebear85

• 27 Feb 2011 Nicola_1810 said

Default_avatar

Hey I dont know what contiki is doing because of Chch (check travel updates) but I live 3 hours away from Christchurch and it’s a mess. People from chch have left, many houses and buildings have collapsed or are unsafe. Where you supposed to go to CHCH?

• 12 Mar 2011 dancszsanett said

dancszsanett

Im going on a tour from Chch to Auckland on the 28th March… Im gonna arrive on the 26th to Chch,where should I

• 12 Mar 2011 dancszsanett said

dancszsanett

Where should I stay for those 2 nights? Any suggestion?

• 12 Mar 2011 carebear85 said

carebear85

i still don’t know much about what is happening in Chch

• 13 Mar 2011 Swarnim said

Swarnim

Try the airport birches motel…look it up on bookings.com
    Its 5 minutes from the airport and is fine after the quake…I checked. The tour will start from the airport now so its convenient as well.

• 13 Mar 2011 Kitfield said

Default_avatar
    I’m also flying into christchurch on the 26th to spend a few days there before the tour starts. i’m booked into the Kiwi Basecamp hostel, they say that they are funcitoning reletatively smoothly at the moment, they’ve put details up on the website: http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Kiwi-Basecamp/Christchurch/34237

the reviews seem really positive for them, so if anyone is looking for somewhere cheap and friendly to stay they might be a good place. they also appear to have free transfers to the airport.
    Cant wait for things to get started :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.